• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Well f***.

What a terrible move, by whoever did this; just created a martyr who's moved from likely to win the election, to just been handed it on a plate (far more so than any gaff by Biden could).

For the first time in my life though, my mind has gone straight into conspiracy theory mode, but I'm trying hard to clamp down on that.

Yep, it will be twisted by Trump to his advantage and blamed on the left and Biden.

The concern is retribution from the right against Biden.

This has more to run IMO before November.

Prayers with those bystanders hurt and killed too

This evil action has handed Trump the election, I suspect.

Western democracy is so toxified at the moment - Biden and Trump's rhetoric has played into that too, and there needs to be serious thoughts in both camps as to their role in ensuring the debate doesn't remain so intense.

Secret Service also appears to be ****.

The concern is retribution from the right against Biden.

I think the right will want to keep Biden alive if they really want Trump to win.

That said, an incident like this always has the potential to snowball with trigger happy morons looking to even the score. A lot will depend on the words Trump uses when he's back on stage. Either way, not good for America.

Yep this has handed Trump the election. The US and the west as a whole has become so toxic in the last 20 year where the 2 wings can't even work with each other any more and now see each other as enemies. I think we are moving away from that hopefully now but the USA is barrelling towards another Trump presidency and **** knows where it goes after that, but we can be certain it won't be good.

LBC reporting the shooter is a registered Republican.

This is the end of the US election.

Trump will be seen as the strong man and unless the Democrats get rid of Biden, then are stuffed.

I don't buy this conspiracy talk of it being staged.
Trump didn't need it in all reality. Every time Biden speaks he was losing voters

If it was a conspiracy and set up, it very very nearly went spectacularly wrong. A few mm the wrong way* and he'd have been a goner.

*as in, a timely/untimely (depending on your point of view) gust of wind and it'd move the bullet far enough to have done it.

Western democracy is so toxified at the moment - Biden and Trump's rhetoric has played into that too, and there needs to be serious thoughts in both camps as to their role in ensuring the debate doesn't remain so intense.

No, American democracy.

I'd be interested to hear what rhetoric Biden has engaged in and how you compare that to the guy who, as soon as he came onto the political arena in 2016, ran on a campaign of locking up his political opponent, refused to accept he lost a fair election, instigated a coup and then sought to get criminal immunity from said coup. What has Biden said that even comes close to that kind of psycho behaviour?

I'd be interested to hear what rhetoric Biden has engaged in and how you compare that to the guy who, as soon as he came onto the political arena in 2016, ran on a campaign of locking up his political opponent, refused to accept he lost a fair election, instigated a coup and then sought to get criminal immunity from said coup. What has Biden said that even comes close to that kind of psycho behaviour?
And who has also said he wanted to be a dictator for a day, threatened to use the DoJ to target political rivals, has openly said he wants his Democrat opponent locked up (again), is part of a project to corrupt all levels of government, stated he wanted to refuse government aid to Democrats cities / states during disasters and attempted to do so...

Comments over recent weeks like He's a threat to Freedom. He's a threat to democracy etc. Allegedly Biden said Trump has a bullseye on him. (Definitely not meant literally).
There is an element to the Dems campaign of Trumps a facist and must be stopped at all costs.

Comments that might well be true and not even close or on a level with Trump.

I and lots of people are worried what a Trump 2nd term might look like. Nobody knows the shooters motives yet. I don't think it's to much of a stretch to say it's not surprising someone has decided democracy needs protecting in the most American way possible.

Latest posts