• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Rightly so.
A] It's not his place to comment on an ongoing election in a different country.
B] He's not a neurologist or geriatrician, and not remotely qualified to say if anyone is senile or not. Least of all the (current) leader of the most powerful nation in the world.
I don't think anyone is being asked for a professional diagnosis on his potential medical conditions.

Surely it's right people can still question if he has the capacity in his role. Equally they can ask someone else's opinion on the topic.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is being asked for a professional diagnosis on his potential medical conditions.

Surely it's right people can still question if he has the capacity in his role. Equally they can ask someone else's opinion on the topic.
This would normally be a perfectly legitimate concern but when going up against Trump it shouldn't matter that Biden doesn't know what day of the week it is or who he's talking to.

That's convinced me that Biden has to step aside. Don't think there's a democrat with the personality to beat Trump like Biden had last time but at this point he's bringing the credibility of the party into question.

A leader at any level can't be getting the names wrong of people who work for him and people he works closely with at all, nevermind in such spectacular fashion.

Kamala v Trump? That would be interesting and show how racist and misogynistic the electorate are.

What a **** show from the democrats though. I mean, if I was American I'd vote for Biden if he was in a coma but I appreciate some people are a bit more particular and want their president to be competent even when going up against a fascist.

Fact is the Dems should've bit the bullet 4 years ago and selected a younger candidate to go against Trump. If Biden, or his replacement loses, they should hang their heads in shame for such a calamitous **** up.

Kamala v Trump? That would be interesting and show how racist and misogynistic the electorate are.
Not sure you can say that of the electorate as a whole. I'm sure it's a factor for some but not the majority.

Or you could use that argument as why people didn't vote for Thatcher, Sunak etc. Or why Labour have never had a full time female leader. I don't think you could say it shows how racist and misogynistic people are.

Democrats seem to have done nothing but cycle through people linked to Obama to be their next leader.

The sleep walked into letting the tea party get power, they sleep walked into republicans stacking the federal courts, they have been naive and unaware, which has allowed the republicans over decades to do thoroughly corrupt the system that the likes of trump could become president again and the supreme court justices can literally be criminals and get away with it.

If democrats had shown any spine it conviction years ago, this could have been avoided. They didn't, they let republicans ride all over them, even when they controlled most of the government.

Not sure you can say that of the electorate as a whole. I'm sure it's a factor for some but not the majority.

Or you could use that argument as why people didn't vote for Thatcher, Sunak etc. Or why Labour have never had a full time female leader. I don't think you could say it shows how racist and misogynistic people are.
Perhaps Trump supporters then? But they will vote for their orange buffoon no matter. Kamala combines the two things that trigger a large portion: she's not white and she's a woman. Hilary had one but also she was a Clinton. Should Biden decide to step down and Kamala were to replace him I just wouldn't be that confident she could defeat Trump.

Any half decent Dem candidate will have their eyes on 2028 when Trump can't run again. Whoever runs in November will be taking one for the team and will be the candidate who lost to Trump.

The people who are controlling Biden behind the scenes clearly don't want to give up power but they have misjudged the situation terribly. How they concluded he could get through a gruelling election campaign without getting found out beggars belief. Swing states decide elections and Trump is now in the box seat.

I stayed at home and did some gardening.

Last edited:
it's tough. Obviously want the DNC to have as many resources as possible but I totally get why a donor would want to send a message about Biden. He isn't the same charismatic guy he used to be. I don't think he'll draw in the casual voters.

Its a tough one - at this point in time.

Clearly, the dems have completely fu*ked up by not having a real succession plan in place.

Biden should never have been expected to fight this election - but due to various inept decisions and/or performances by others - he's ended up as essentially the de facto lead Dem candidate.

Harris should have either seen much more public exposure throughout this presidency with aim of putting her in prime slot for this election, or after showing herself as not being up to it, been replaced on this ticket with someone else who had been pushed.

Now, are the Dems better off making the following argument?
"Look, Joe may be 81, but the people around him are top professionals. The other candidate is liable to surround himself with disbarred lawyers and felons"

I just don't know how they replace an unwilling Biden and win. I also don't see any other Dem having the public profile at this point to go up against Trump.

Not sure why it looks like blood around his face. No reports on what's exactly taken place yet.
Screenshot_20240713_233516_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't like Trump, but I definitely don't wish him death. From what I just heard on KFI radio in Los Angeles (relaying a story from the AP) he's doing well.

Last edited:

Latest posts