• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Who didn't bet at this point?
They'll probably start betting on his many get caught betting now.

Also the far right in the USA have now passed a law in one of the states making it mandatory to display the 10 commandments in a prominent way. Any sane court would strike it down but the current supreme court is utterly corrupt and pushing every far right issue they can.

It's also telling how those who most loudly push these things so the least to follow the teaching of Jesus. They are overwhelmingly arrogant, hateful, selfish and judgemental.

Also the far right in the USA have now passed a law in one of the states making it mandatory to display the 10 commandments in a prominent way. Any sane court would strike it down but the current supreme court is utterly corrupt and pushing every far right issue they can.

It's also telling how those who most loudly push these things so the least to follow the teaching of Jesus. They are overwhelmingly arrogant, hateful, selfish and judgemental.
I remember as a little kid there was debate about it and that was 20 years after the Supreme Court decided it was illegal.

Louisiana

1718927003613.png

I see the right wing press have gone nuts over Starmer saying Corbyn would ofnbeen a better PM than Johnson. As if that is a high bar turning up to work is all that's required.

You can see why he's spent the last couple of years doing everything he can to give the rightwing press absolutely nothing.

I see the right wing press have gone nuts over Starmer saying Corbyn would ofnbeen a better PM than Johnson. As if that is a high bar turning up to work is all that's required.

jeremy corbyn politics GIF

Of course he would have been a better PM.

Just an attempt for the Conservatives to gain a few votes.

Question for anyone more up to date on gambling regulations than I am, with the caveat of it being politically stupid and very immoral (in my opinion) to place bets on the timing of the election with inside knowledge, what is it that makes it a police matter?

Is it the same as insider trading, and the rules that surround that?

Question for anyone more up to date on gambling regulations than I am, with the caveat of it being politically stupid and very immoral (in my opinion) to place bets on the timing of the election with inside knowledge, what is it that makes it a police matter?

I imagine it's something to do with insider knowledge. It's not gambling if you know the outcome. It's definitely not the worst crime being committed. However, it is an abuse of position and power and this is where there should be a more explicit code of conduct for those in politics and it not just be up to the whim of the party leader.

Pretty mad political advert from the Tories

Got to love how there is a fact check in that post saying the highest level of illegal immigration has been under the Tories. They really are shameless though. I'm just glad more people than I expected are seeing through it, although still sad at how many don't.

Not an expert but I read an article about Brazilian footballer Lucas Paqueta who is under investigation with the FA for allegedly being involved in betting irregularities. It's alleged that he deliberately picked up yellow cards so that friends and family in Brazil could make money based on bets placed. As far as I know it's a civil case first and foremost - him attempting to de-fraud the betting company but if found guilty the FA are likely to dish out a lengthy ban that would likely end his career.

I imagine the same would apply with this Tory aide unless it was crazy sums involved in which case it might be a matter for the SFO.. I suspect the police and justice system are stretched as it is and won't want to waste time on cases like this unless the sums involved are significant.

Last edited:
Not an expert but I read an article about Brazilian footballer Lucas Paqueta who is under investigation with the FA for allegedly being involved in betting irregularities. It's alleged that he deliberately picked up yellow cards so that friends and family in Brazil could make money based on bets placed. As far as I know it's a civil case first and foremost - him attempting to de-fraud the betting company but if found guilty the FA are likely to dish out a lengthy ban that would likely end his career.

I imagine the same would apply with this Tory aide unless it was crazy sums involved in which case it might be a matter for the SFO.. I suspect the police and justice system are stretched as it is and won't want to waste time on cases like this unless the sums involved are significant.
You would hope the cop who bought at bet on and is suspended would know.

Latest posts