• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Yeah first question is hownare you going to fund it? And don't just reply Labour plan to revise them and hard working families need reduced tax burden.

BTW I'm nit against a tax cut for low incomes workers as long as it's moved to tax on high income tax.

But I see the Tories are instead talking about people on the 40p rate which I've always said is frankly ridiculous.

But yeah what low income families need more right now is public services that work. That's what the complaints are and they are not stupid they know you reduce tax there is no chance of them improving.

It's basically just a massive con and and a ploy to win votes from people who get sucked in by the 'more money in your pockets' line and think that public services magically pay for themselves.

Yeah, people need to realise that if they want good public services, they need to pay to an extent. I'd be very curious how the expanding wealth gap affects taxes because for me logically. If more people are push to a lower wage (even just through inflation) then less people are paying enough to meet what they take out. I feel like there needs to be a frank conversation about how much on average public services cost per person. They might just realise why cutting taxes doesn't improve public services.

Yeah, people need to realise that if they want good public services, they need to pay to an extent. I'd be very curious how the expanding wealth gap affects taxes because for me logically. If more people are push to a lower wage (even just through inflation) then less people are paying enough to meet what they take out. I feel like there needs to be a frank conversation about how much on average public services cost per person. They might just realise why cutting taxes doesn't improve public services.
I've no idea how anyone is going to improve public services given both parties are falling over themselves to say they are not raising taxes.

More than a few studies have said over recent weeks either taxes will need to go up or there will need to be a reduction in public services. I don't think Labour are going to drastically improve public services.

I've no idea how anyone is going to improve public services given both parties are falling over themselves to say they are not raising taxes.

More than a few studies have said over recent weeks either taxes will need to go up or there will need to be a reduction in public services. I don't think Labour are going to drastically improve public services.
I'd rather trust the party that probably wants to improve services even if my taxes go up than the one that's been driving them into the ground for 14 years.

The claim is £17bn of tax cuts by the final year of the next Parliament:

• £10bn on the 2% cut to employee National Insurance (1% off in April 2025, a further 1% in April 2027)
  • £2.6bn for the abolition of self employed National Insurance
  • £2.4bn a year on the triple lock plus for pensioners on the basic state pension
  • A further £2bn on child benefit changes and abolition of stamp duty for most first time buyers
How is this funded?

The Conservatives say they can find £6bn a year from cracking down on tax avoidance and £12bn from lower welfare payments.
So 12bn of **** the poor.

The Tories stopped governing in the national interest a long time ago. They said after Brexit that their vision was to create a low tax low regs Singapore on the Thames. Their election promises are just bribes and they are only interested in serving certain groups who vote for them e.g. super rich and pensioners while everyone else can GTF. They are not interested in delivery good public services to ordinary working people.

I hope Starmer vows to be a PM for all including those who didn't vote Labour because that's what a proper newly elected leader would do.

Man who campaigned twice for Jeremy Corbyn manifestos claims people shouldn't vote for the Conservatives because it's a Jeremy Corbyn style manifesto.

I'd rather trust the party that probably wants to improve services even if my taxes go up than the one that's been driving them into the ground for 14 years.
Given they have said they are not going to put your taxes up. The logical question is fine but how are they going to improve services.
I'd rather they are honest and say they are going to put taxes up. Rather than be dishonest and do it once elected. It doesn't exactly inspire trust.

Man who campaigned twice for Jeremy Corbyn manifestos claims people shouldn't vote for the Conservatives because it's a Jeremy Corbyn style manifesto.

Pretty stupid comment from Starmer. He and Labour seem to be over-compensating in jumping on the anti-Corbyn bandwagon. Much better for them is to simply continue to distance themselves from it that just lend further fuel to a fire that should have died ages ago.

Latest posts