• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

The Mail was running the front page of Rishi's Darkest Hour and Torys face oblivion the other day. Not sure I'd fit that under suppressing bad news for the Conservatives.

People rightly or wrongly read the rags that support there views. It's not like the Guardian are ever going to have a big Tory love in.

If the Mail don't want to write about it then that's their choice. What I find ridiculous is they are allowed to have bias and have to barely mention it. Every paper during an election that supports a party should be required to put on the front page. Better yet, they can't be biased and be called a newspaper. The fact that they can be biased and that too many people don't know this is a joke.

If the Mail don't want to write about it then that's their choice. What I find ridiculous is they are allowed to have bias and have to barely mention it. Every paper during an election that supports a party should be required to put on the front page. Better yet, they can't be biased and be called a newspaper. The fact that they can be biased and that too many people don't know this is a joke.
Everyone knows the Daily Mail is biased. All print media is biased and they are allowed to do it because they are private companies and can do what they want in a free society. People that read the daily mail will always vote Tory or I suppose Reform so who gives a toss.

Everyone knows the Daily Mail is biased. All print media is biased and they are allowed to do it because they are private companies and can do what they want in a free society. People that read the daily mail will always vote Tory or I suppose Reform so who gives a toss.
Pretty much. If you are going to throw stones you might as well throw them at Fox, Sky, Novara media, LBC or any other media outlet.

The thing is people generally only like throwing stones at the media outlets who don't support there beliefs or parties. Other wise where's the fun in that.

Seems risky calling a snap election while people are hacked off with the cost of living and life in general. Look what happened in 2016. Feels like quite a pivotal moment for France and the EU.

Seems risky calling a snap election while people are hacked off with the cost of living and life in general. Look what happened in 2016. Feels like quite a pivotal moment for France and the EU.
I guess the hope is that they **** up before the presidential election in 2027?

Should they win

Will the vote be pre or post Olympics?
Imagine there'd be a bit of boost if they're successful so might want to ride that wave?

Edit: just seen that it's pre-Olympics

Dicey dicey

Feels like he's trying to be honorable. I don't remember much about the French system but maybe he could gridlock things?

Still a far right France with other European powers following is scary even if anglosphere stays/returns center-left.

Feels like he's trying to be honorable. I don't remember much about the French system but maybe he could gridlock things?

Still a far right France with other European powers following is scary even if anglosphere stays/returns center-left.
Its interesting because in the UK the young are vehemently anti far right. The Tories and Reform are making no inroads. And people aren't getting more right as they get older in younger generations if aything they are polling more left wing than they did when they were younger.

I guess every country has to flirt with far right nationalism again to realise how ******* stupid it is.

It is staggering really the level of insanity on the far right in the USA, how a supposed serious "news" site will literally jump on a random comment made by a self-confessed shitposter on the internet, run with it as proof of a mistrial and Trump actually have his ******* lawyers present it as evidence! That country has gone insane. This is why the far right are so dangerous, they are absolutely rabid and jump on anything with no evidence whatsoever and deny thing with all the evidence in the world. They have completely abandoned any semblance of reasoning.

It also turns out the supreme court justice Clarence Thomas "forgot" to declare millions in gifts etc AGAIN and not a single person on the right seems to care at this crass illegality.

I see the Tories are offering a further (2p) cut on national insurance. I wonder if their grand plan is to run key public services into the ground even more with another round of austerity which will be needed to fund it. Maybe those who can afford private schools and private healthcare won't be affected as much by it.

Schools crumbling, record NHS waiting lists, prisons overcrowded, years long waiting lists for cases to be heard in the justice system, potholes galore on the roads, shambolic and expensive public transport, defence spending set to increase, adverse impact of Brexit on growth etc. Yeah sounds like a good time to make spending cuts.

Last edited:

Latest posts