• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Wales vs France - 10/03/24

apologies if this has already been litigated but why do France have to wear the exact shade of blue Scotland typically wear?

Anyway good to see Wales keeping themselves in the hunt for a trophy this season
France (and Italy) shirts have darkened over the last few years

apologies if this has already been litigated but why do France have to wear the exact shade of blue Scotland typically wear?
They don't have to, but they don't have to not do so.
Look at the french flag, or ask Google what "French Navy Blue" is.
It's a perfectly legitimate colour for them to wear, even if it's not what I associate with France from the 80s & 90s. They darkened when? 15-20 years ago?

Obviously disappointing championship in terms of results for wales, but Gatland has found a fair few promising youngsters considerng welsh rugby domestically is a bit of a state. Played better than expected for the most part.

They don't have to, but they don't have to not do so.
Look at the french flag, or ask Google what "French Navy Blue" is
It's like asking why England's away colour has been blue in the of England football wears blue in their strip, there is no blue in the English flag and not as far as I know any history of blue

It's like asking why England's away colour has been blue in the of England football wears blue in their strip, there is no blue in the English flag and not as far as I know any history of blue
Pfft, we conquered enough countries to use their colours. Take your pick which one.

France have been so much more clinical in the second half. Blown Wales away.

You've never heard of "the red, white and blue"?

And since when do team colours have to be related to flag colours? No black in the NZ flag, no Gold in the Aussie, no azure in the Italian...

Last edited:
Money. Make different alternative shirts so you can sell more

Congratulations France good performance physically well outmatched today. France very good for the win compounded by a obvious lack of experience and a clear gameplan. I don't really see any vocal leaders in that Welsh team either atm

Frances pack is pretty insane, depth as well. Their attacking gameplan without dupont though looks a bit lost.

Really interesting championships all around, tbh. Exciting young welsh players, Italy finally looking to be adding game inteligence to their talented youngsters, scotland always being a fun watch for the good and bad, ireland being excelent etc..