• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] France vs Ireland - 02/02/24

Quite surprised they've opted for Moefana in the wing and LBB on the bench rather than vice versa.

Also expected Woki to start.

Ringrose is a huge huge loss. Don't see it happening without him, need the second playmaker now Johnny is gone.

Think Keenan and Lowe can fulfil some playmaking duties but will definitely feel no Ringrose or Hansen.

Ryan, Baird and Conan all coming off the bench should be pretty terrifying for the opposition.

Think Keenan and Lowe can fulfil some playmaking duties but will definitely feel no Ringrose or Hansen.

Ryan, Baird and Conan all coming off the bench should be pretty terrifying for the opposition.
Wasn't expecting a fluid performer anyway without Johnny but we could look quite laboured in the backs now.

I'm enjoying a low pressure build up to a match as a fan though. Just don't have great expectations for Ireland for the next 18 months without being worried about where the team is going. Nice place to be.

Never fully comfortable when it is Henshaw and Aki. Neither a natural 13 and just always seems to be a worry.
Add in the new partnerships inside and outside them.

The pack I can get the 6-2 split and also the lads coming in Baird, Ryan and Conan will thrive against the heavy legs and good ground.

I hope we can sneak a win but equally this could be a good loosing bonus point.

First time in a while the only province not recognised is Ulster.

Never fully comfortable when it is Henshaw and Aki. Neither a natural 13 and just always seems to be a worry.

The pack I can get the 6-2 split and also the lads coming in Baird, Ryan and Conan will thrive against the heavy legs and good ground.

And yet Henshaw and Aki was the centre partnership for the 3rd test of the 2021 Lions tour. Gatland did seem to be picking the team out of a hat on that tour.

Agree on Aki and Henshaw even though I think the best 40 minutes of rugby ever played by an Irish team was with them in midfield (NZ test 3).

I'm really torn on this game for us. Farrell loves adversity but he also took ages to implement his game plan taking over Schmidt and we need a new approach without Johnny. Excited to watch.

Don't get me wrong neither a bad player just never convinced. Henshaw I have doubts on fitness. Both capable of brilliance

Interesting, Iteland are missing some playmaking options with Johnny and no Ringrose, but I dont think France away is the time to over play either.

I genuinely think Iteland may get tonked here, but equally they may nick the win, so I'm going with both teams to win and I'll only return and comment on which prediction was right after the game lol

From my point of view, both sides are still strong, but lacking a bit of spark post WC. It should be a close game, but maybe not as exciting as previously.

Everyone feels too sorry for Ireland after the RWC to discuss them

Need to get a win under their belts to wash the bad taste away and we can get back to calling the SH player poaching, English coach poaching, arrogant cheating pr**ks

Latest posts