• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] France vs England - 16/03/24

Surely add Daly to those gone as well.

I really want to see some of the young props given a go tbh. Maybe a bit early but really need to bring on teh depth there and the talent is surprisingly pretty plentiful at the minute, will stuart just aint it at the international level.

Rus tuima for me is another, would offer something different and potentially a backup to martin. Think Dan has potential, but he is a bit to far away to be considered the true backup and is probably worth looking at what else is there in case he cant get his darts right. Would also like to see what this looks like with earl at 7 and a true 8 like barbeary or someone else, but I guess why would you mess with the portion of the team that always looks class.

I think Ford is still class I am a bit torn about whether you should rest him in the summer and see what finn smith has got, but in reality probably need some experience there.

Daly is a decent 23 option but that's about it. Tbh anyone who's not or border line to be around at the next RWC drop. Give the summer tour and autumn to give experience and blood new players. Always know what Ford can offer so possibly give the Smiths a run.

Thought tonight and in the Scotland game despite the experienced heads no one apart from Ford was trying to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and settle things down.

I find it interesting that 3mins from the end, Care box kicks it. In that situation you either keep it and try and control or go long to give France further to go

The 8 Ps you mean? Proper Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents P*ss Poor Performance.
I know but i was f#cked if i was going to try and find several more England qualified players with surnames starting with P.

My take is literally based on what we've seen in this six nations tournament and fairly accurate. But you keep "😂" away into your pint glass of delusion.
Are you serious? I've back Sb since he came in.
Semi final on a strict plan....now 3rd place 6n...after finally showing their hand and so much to go...

England for next 6n...and world Cup 27...

My take is literally based on what we've seen in this six nations tournament and fairly accurate. But you keep "😂" away into your pint glass of delusion.
I'm more positive about the coaching ticket than I was. England scored 7 tries in two games which if nothing else shows that Borthwick isn't as one dimensional in his approach as I'd feared as they've played this last couple of games, and some selections are a step change from what we'd seen.

I was more worried about Wiggelsworth experience to coach a top drawer attack.

This site is full of clowns...is laughable...

You need to build the feckin basics!!!!! Borthwick is not exciting...but he knows the score....!!

I'm more positive about the coaching ticket than I was. England scored 7 tries in two games which if nothing else shows that Borthwick isn't as one dimensional in his approach as I'd feared as they've played this last couple of games, and some selections are a step change from what we'd seen.

I was more worried about Wiggelsworth experience to coach a top drawer attack.
I don't think he's bad or anything. I'm just not sure he's got the players, time or ability to go as far as winning world cups and put them at the top etc. We'll see of course and I hope he does well and I think he will.

Can't complain losing to a single descison, it's upto you as a team to take it away from that, lots to be pleased with, main worry though is how good France will be again when DuPont and N'tmack return, think their missing quite a few from their pack, they almost have SA level depth there.
Well yeah but equally England were missing some key players too. Curry and Feyi-Waboso spring to mind.

Ehhh we've got Geordie when he's drunk lads. Pile on.

What first attracted you to the England Head Coach with a permanent nosebleed?
Took ten mins to have a look on the site...and wasn't disappointed..full of nuggets..cheerio!

I don't think he's bad or anything. I'm just not sure he's got the players, time or ability to go as far as winning world cups and put them at the top etc. We'll see of course and I hope he does well.
Your views are shared by many, he never really had the experience, I am marginaly more confident in him now than I was a few weeks ago.

You'll have to excuse Geordi, indefinite optimism, its a survival technique for Falcons fans.

Took ten mins to have a look on the site...and wasn't disappointed..full of nuggets..cheerio!
Compared to some forums this place is pretty good.

Saying that I've always wanted a spinning bow-tie and a car that when you push a button all the tyres fall off.

Feckin hilarious...England should win everything full stop...Ireland and France and everyone are sh£t 😆😆😆😁

I don't think he's bad or anything. I'm just not sure he's got the players, time or ability to go as far as winning world cups and put them at the top etc. We'll see of course and I hope he does well.
For what it's worth I tend to agree. He's doing alright at the moment given the situation he was hurled into, but his selection of assistant coaches, certain players, apparent reliance on data, insistence on sticking with certain players that even Americans with zero knowledge of this "rugby" we speak of could probably see aren't quite up to the job and, chiefly, the results so far smack of someone that won't - or shouldn't - be doing anything but improving what they can while keeping the seat warm (for the good Farrell)

I'll caveat all of that with my general suspicion of him as an EJ protege that stuck around for more than (way, way more than) two years.

Well yeah but equally England were missing some key players too. Curry and Feyi-Waboso spring to mind.
It's hard to put two players who to be fair have looked very good over a couple of games into the same bracket as ones who have won world player of the year, slams and world ***les, they have proven it even when people know their qualities, whilst in places we have depth in the pack we really can't compete overall with France or SA.

On an unrelated note seeing the U20s doing well does show promise for the future.

He might be talking about the bar he's in tbh. Well, I say bar...it's more likely the floor of the kebab shop he passed out on.