• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] England vs Wales - 10/02/24

Similar to the earlier posts, glad to see some continuity in some ways - I liked bits of the game against Italy but then I thought we were a little passive for small periods that allowed it to finish a closer scoreline.

The intensity should ramp up this week but it's about taking the opportunities if and when they come.

Would be very pleased with a win and little bit more to build on as the newer faces get more time on the field. This is very much a process and so not expecting fireworks, but hoping for glimmers of it and some shoots of hope for strong set piece foundations.

Every win builds confidence and 2 from 2 would be ideal before we face 3 sides much further ahead in their relative development and performance levels (than both England and Wales) will then start to tell us where some of these players are at and what they need to build on.

Gatland loves coming to try and stuff us at Twickers so I hope he leaves empty handed, but suspect this will be a close enough battle.

People getting on Dalys case. Not sure why. He's a really decent player. Of course we all want all the newly found talent to be thrown on the field with abandon, but that's just not how things are done. And for good reason. Having some experience on the pitch helps to settle those without it. Daly can slip into various positions and will no doubt have plenty of wise words for the young ones. There is no need for SB to rush things. He isn't expected to do well in this 6N and no sensible England fan should be expecting anything more than maybe 3rd place. More than that will be a bonus. He does need to use these games to get new blood into the system, and he seems to be doing that. I personally am not convinced SB has the experience required to get England to where they need to be, but I'm willing to give him time to prove me wrong. He did inherit a hot mess after all.

I'd like to see some earlier replacements ok Saturday and new lads getting some decent game time. No 60 second flash in the pans. Other than that I'm not complaining.

Can't we just stick to arguing with the Welsh and making sheep jokes?
Ok

Welsh - A race that is misunderstood by their neighbours the English due to their craftiness and intelligence. The English call the Welsh sheep-shaggers due to an old trick used by the Welsh against their gullible English neighbours in medievel times, when the English had a nasty habit of f*cking sheep. When Wales adopted English law they noticed the penalty for shagging a sheep was less than stealing one (due to the English's habit) so whenever they were caught stealing a sheep they would instead say they were planning to **** it instead to avoid the fine.
Therefore there is a very long list of crimes involving Welshmen shagging sheep, although it is only the English who would actually ever **** a sheep, it is just another example of the Welsh tricking the English once again.

To stir this up a bit, Gatland's repeated jibes at Feyi-Waboso are grim. Hardly the first player born abroad to represent another nation.

To stir this up a bit, Gatland's repeated jibes at Feyi-Waboso are grim. Hardly the first player born abroad to represent another nation.
He's been pretty respectful. These are his comments from today, hardly "grim"

Does the presence of Immanuel Feyi-Waboso add extra spice to this one?

"No, it doesn't add any extra spice. He has made his decision to play for England. We haven't spoken about it. None of our tactics have mentioned his name or anything. There are a lot of players from both countries who are dual-qualified. Like I said, good luck to him. I hope things go well for him"

Pretty bleak how we're in the richest vein of wingers we've had in two decades but we still pick a utility back whose worst position is wing and probably won't make the next RWC

Is he though? He's got a whole load of "worst ever" records in his pocket already
Don't trigger @dirty harry he has an all seeing eye and an innate understanding of the game the rest of us can only dream of having.

He's been pretty respectful. These are his comments from today, hardly "grim"

Does the presence of Immanuel Feyi-Waboso add extra spice to this one?

"No, it doesn't add any extra spice. He has made his decision to play for England. We haven't spoken about it. None of our tactics have mentioned his name or anything. There are a lot of players from both countries who are dual-qualified. Like I said, good luck to him. I hope things go well for him"
Agree the above is respectful and how he should bat away the inevitable questions.

I think he has kept bringing up unprompted Jenkins's comments about not really being Welsh if he chooses to play for England. Those are the ones I find grim. Disclaimer that I haven't watched the full press conferences so it may have been inaccurately reported.

Agree the above is respectful and how he should bat away the inevitable questions.

I think he has kept bringing up unprompted Jenkins's comments about not really being Welsh if he chooses to play for England. Those are the ones I find grim. Disclaimer that I haven't watched the full press conferences so it may have been inaccurately reported.
I don't think he said he's not Welsh but he did drop Neil Jenkins in it and I agree that when he was initially talking about it it was a little dig but an inevitable minor dig I would say.

I'm interested to understand what peoples (English fans not the WUM welsh ones who can't even read) opinions on what is expected from England for this game?

If we lose to wales, who have a lot less players, less experience and the same amount of time with their new coach, does that just mean that SB is a poor coach?

We nearly lost to Italy who have a new coach while using the excuse that we also have a new coach.

If we win, are we expecting a massive victory, would we be happy with a 3 point victory?

What does good look like compared to getting a below expectations result?

I'm interested to understand what peoples (English fans not the WUM welsh ones who can't even read) opinions on what is expected from England for this game?

If we lose to wales, who have a lot less players, less experience and the same amount of time with their new coach, does that just mean that SB is a poor coach?

We nearly lost to Italy who have a new coach while using the excuse that we also have a new coach.

If we win, are we expecting a massive victory, would we be happy with a 3 point victory?

What does good look like compared to getting a below expectations result?
At this point I am looking for a performance, signs of improvement and a play style that suits the personnel picked, scoreline is not that bigger deal, a couple of point win or loss is not really going to influence my opinions on SB either way, the first part would.

Edit: to expand, a little improvement would be tightening that defence and not being so exposed out wide, building on the fluidity of the attack.

Last edited:
Yeah, we're in the same boat. Dont get me wrong a win against England, especially at Twickenham, is always good but this isn't a particularly strong England team so a small win, while will be greatly appreciated, won't signal a new dawn for me or get me super excited. I'll obviously be shameless in my gloating but nothing special.

Latest posts