• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] England vs Wales - 10/02/24

Same time it always is, every tournament, every year
Yet wales released theirs yesterday. During the WC, the England team was nearly always behind the other teams as well. Not blaming anyone and it might be pre-agreed but annoying that ours is always later than everyone else.

CCS, seems to be a Richard Hill pick. Apparently Hill has been senior mentoring him.

If there are no changes to the team so they get used to a new system then my only concern is are all the players picked intended to be long term picks? Obviously, you will never have everyone 100% fit, but you'd want the majority to be playing regularly. If 5 or 6 get replaced in the summer or AIs, surely that will set everything back. Also hard to see the players in France coming back after 2 years and just slotting in if the defensive system is one England have committed to and will take a year or two to embed.

Yet wales released theirs yesterday. During the WC, the England team was nearly always behind the other teams as well. Not blaming anyone and it might be pre-agreed but annoying that ours is always later than everyone else.
Gatland is the outlier for releasing it yesterday. No one else has released their team sheet yet.

During the World Cup teams were given allocated times to release their teams which were almost always 48 hours before kick off. England released their team no earlier or later than anybody else.

Why do people have to try to find fault in literally everything? It's a team sheet announcement, just have a day off.

Last edited:
CCS, seems to be a Richard Hill pick. Apparently Hill has been senior mentoring him.

Couldn't ask for a better mentor, although apparently for ages CCS had no idea who Hill was, let alone that he was a World Cup winner. Don't know whether I think that's brilliant or appalling!

Hill's getting a good reputation for talent spotting although I'd like to think that even I might have noticed that CCS had something.

I vaguely remember Gatland saying something recently about why he sometimes names his teams early and it had something to do with a fear/hatred he has for team leaks so he leaks it before anyone else can. lol. I don't know how true that is and might be misremembering but funny if true.

I vaguely remember Gatland saying something recently about why he sometimes names his teams early and it had something to do with a fear/hatred he has for team leaks so he leaks it before anyone else can. lol. I don't know how true that is and might be misremembering but funny if true.
Well I mean it would counteract the Times announcing the Eng team almost every week

Ye he has previous, he has named teams early, super early and he has delayed previously as well.

He has mentioned previously he dislikes the leaks, which shows distrust within the camp, theres enough rats in the WRU to look for a new reason to find another.

He also likes to play mind games and put pressure on other coaches, similar to the roof comments he makes.

In thos context it makes sense, 7 changes, based on last weekend means he wants the first team training every second together, why have the player beating lumps out of each other to prove they can start, when he knows hes dropping them!

Take Costelow and Gareth Davies for example, when they came off the park 5 days ago he probably knew they were holding tackled bags for at least 2 weeks, so why not RIP the plaster off and get over it asap.

Also, with SB probably not making too many changes, and knowing you are, why not name the squad early, and heap the pressure on SB via the media. All the reports I've seen are on Gats twisting while SB sticks, or how Gats is brave and SB conservative etc... Nothing highlights the lack of decisive leadership, than an extreme example of decisive leadership.

For this Six Nations we have new branding in and around the changing rooms including personalised messages for players. In the Twickenham Stadium bowl there will be more special effects, big screen content and increased utilisation of match day stats.

interesting quotes from the RFU, looking to Americanise / NFL the game at Twickenham?

For this Six Nations we have new branding in and around the changing rooms including personalised messages for players. In the Twickenham Stadium bowl there will be more special effects, big screen content and increased utilisation of match day stats.

interesting quotes from the RFU, looking to Americanise / NFL the game at Twickenham?

Yes, I'm sure Mummy and Daddy are very very proud of you. If I may add my own it's along the lines of

"Extract digits, cut the crap and give us a team to be proud of".

Gatland is the outlier for releasing it yesterday. No one else has released their team sheet yet.

During the World Cup teams were given allocated times to release their teams which were almost always 48 hours before kick off. England released their team no earlier or later than anybody else.

Why do people have to try to find fault in literally everything? It's a team sheet announcement, just have a day off.
Wow bit over an overreaction there. I'm not trying to find fault, just saying how I felt about it. It feels like it's always delayed compared to other teams, due to testing the late fitness of a player or something similar. No need to get your panties in a twist about it.

I agree but it does annoy me a little bit

Yes, I'm sure Mummy and Daddy are very very proud of you. If I may add my own it's along the lines of

"Extract digits, cut the crap and give us a team to be proud of".
Can you rephrase this to make sense please? I'll accept applications in Welsh!
Diolch

Please keep picking Daly and Ford until week 4.

Honestly think England are close to picking it up. Borthwick might not be the coach to get them back competing but he's steadying the ship and his selections make sense. Apart from Daly, please keep picking Daly. Pick him twice if you want.

Pretty bleak how we're in the richest vein of wingers we've had in two decades but we still pick a utility back whose worst position is wing and probably won't make the next RWC

he's steadying the ship
Is he though? He's got a whole load of "worst ever" records in his pocket already

Pretty bleak how we're in the richest vein of wingers we've had in two decades but we still pick a utility back whose worst position is wing and probably won't make the next RWC

Is he though? He's got a whole load of "worst ever" records in his pocket already
The t i tanic is currently steady I suppose, it's just steady in the wrong place

Latest posts