• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] England vs Wales - 10/02/24

Rowlands unlucky to be on bench but he'll add some power off the bench unlike Beard. Much of the changes were anticipated and makes us stronger, big game for Mann at 6 though!

Rowlands unlucky to be on bench but he'll add some power off the bench unlike Beard. Much of the changes were anticipated and makes us stronger, big game for Mann at 6 though!
I agree re Rowlands. They'll say it's because he only came in camp on Monday or something but he's match fit and he must be ok mentally as he'd still be with his family if he wasn't.

I'd say it's a massive game for Lloyd. Not only is it England at Twickenham obviously but he's not fancied at 10 at both regional and international level but he put in a good, though obviously not error free, 45 mins against Scotland and he's got a chance to say to the coaches i'm the man moving forward. If he bottles this game it won't be forgotten by Gats anytime soon. Players like Mann, Jenkins and Assiratti probably have a bit more Lee way from the coaches with mistakes.

I dont think Rowlands is unlucky, we know what Rowlands and Beard can do, why not let Mann and Jenkins have another crack.

Also, although hes in camp, he hasnt been there, and has been through a rough time, I like hes being looked after a bit, and the positive is, hell be like a collared dog coming off the bench, itching to get stuck in. Hes been good in France, and looked quality against Cardiff earlier this season...

Now I've said that, he'll come off the bench on 48 mins for Beard, sent off on 49 red card.

Big opportunities for Thomas, Dee, Tomos and Lloyd all looking to say to Gats, I'm your man, this is my position.

Mann, Jenkins, lloyd, and Winnett looking to highlight what they can do.

Pressure HAS to be on Beard, Tompkins and Adam's to prove they can perform!

Honestly don't know how this game will go. It feels like England should win, but they're not playing great and Wales have shown they have plenty of fight in them.

Chessum shot out of the line to blitz on a couple of occasions on his own without the players immediately around him doing the same so left dog legs. It's hard to know if it was Chessum's fault or the others,

its Chessum's fault if he's too stupid to realise that he's substantially faster than a prop and if he's going flat out, the prop will never be able to keep up - and he needs to moderate his speed accordingly.

For the life of me I still can't understand what Gatland sees in Beard. Teddy Williams should be either starting or on the bench given that he did more in 20min. v Scotland than Beard has done in his last 20+ caps.

Beard was earmarked as a future captain, yet Gatland has picked 3 rookies (Morgan, Lake, and Jenkins) as his long term captains ahead of him. He calls the lineout, which continues to malfunction regularly. And he's passive, both in his carrying and his tackling.

He get's his long limbs through a few mauls, but christ, if that's enough to keep getting picked, then deary me!

I feel that unless he has a stormer v England, and with Rowlands (probably Wales best player in recent seasons) waiting on the bench, his days might finally be numbered as a starter at least. I just hope that Gats sees fit to have a more impactful player on the bench when that happens. So just about any other lock in Wales...

For the life of me I still can't understand what Gatland sees in Beard. Teddy Williams should be either starting or on the bench given that he did more in 20min. v Scotland than Beard has done in his last 20+ caps.

Beard was earmarked as a future captain, yet Gatland has picked 3 rookies (Morgan, Lake, and Jenkins) as his long term captains ahead of him. He calls the lineout, which continues to malfunction regularly. And he's passive, both in his carrying and his tackling.

He get's his long limbs through a few mauls, but christ, if that's enough to keep getting picked, then deary me!

I feel that unless he has a stormer v England, and with Rowlands (probably Wales best player in recent seasons) waiting on the bench, his days might finally be numbered as a starter at least. I just hope that Gats sees fit to have a more impactful player on the bench when that happens. So just about any other lock in Wales...
This is exactly is it. His point of difference is apparently the lineout. If it was functioning fine there might be an argument in keeping him in but to be honest he's the one common denominator in why it's **** poor. I'd honestly start Seb Davies over him, at least he is skilful.

Muir and Roebuck are two of my favourite players, I'm not sure even Daly still in the side would be enough to bring me down from that high
Leave your unhealthy fetish with Daly out of this.

I do think the CCS hype is based on his break down the wing. It was good but he was completely fresh against a tired team. If say keep him on the bench but perhaps bring him on earlier.
I think the hype is based on his prem performances and the desire to find a replacement for Lawes ASAP. He was talked up. By pundits in the game as well. Fingers crossed the young lad can deliver, but he does need a decent run of games to get into his stride. Frankly this 6 nations really doesn't matter, and should be used by England as a chance to really build a team and give the players confidence. Wales are in the same position we are so why not just get out there and blood the young lads and start the rebuild.

When's the england team announcement? As late as possible as usual to 'fox' the opposition

Latest posts