• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] England vs Ireland - 09/03/24

For the first time in ages, proud to be an England fan today, but it has to be backed up. And where's that ambition and fire previously been?

Ire were unrecognisably poor - whether they just had an off day or whether we made them look bad is one for the analysts. And we still only just scraped over the line at home. POM's yellow swung it.

George coming off with the props so early was interesting. You wouldn't normally bin your skipper early in a big, tight match.

We'll see what comes next. But tonight we we enjoy it!
Both we were very poobut Ebgalnd caused that with their defensive plan and had a power game. Set piece was awesome for ye too

I actually enjoyed that game. England came to play today and I'm happy for that result (even if I do feel really dirty for feeling this way :D). Brillo pad shower for me later!

1000039713.png

@Leonormous Boozer
You're missing out on the rancid banter on Reddit

Nice to see the pack taking shape though
Still a very big worry re front row though and potential depth

But 4. Itoje, 5. Martin, 6. Chessum, 7. Underhill, 8. Earl just looked balanced

But big worry for me is if Martin is out who fills his role because all our other locks atm lack that serious power he has.

Defence, it will get punished a lot more by a team that is clicking, we had miles of space Ireland failed to capitalise on

Two unexpected wins today and I'm delighted. Even if we lose in Paris next week, there are enough positives to take from this game to be optimistic for the future. It's a performance all England fans have been waiting for.
Earl is now nailed on, I FW and Freeman look the part and Chessum may have found a new role with Martin partnering Itoje.
CCS looks a good addition to the squad , hopefully his injury isn't serious but he won't be playing next weekend. Pearson to come into the 23, Barbeary too?

After next weeks game, time to wave goodbye to Ford, Care, Cole, Marler, Daly and plan for the future.
We won't learn anything about budding replacements unless they get a chance.

Two unexpected wins today and I'm delighted. Even if we lose in Paris next week, there are enough positives to take from this game to be optimistic for the future. It's a performance all England fans have been waiting for.
Earl is now nailed on, I FW and Freeman look the part and Chessum may have found a new role with Martin partnering Itoje.
CCS looks a good addition to the squad , hopefully his injury isn't serious but he won't be playing next weekend. Pearson to come into the 23, Barbeary too?

After next weeks game, time to wave goodbye to Ford, Care, Cole, Marler, Daly and plan for the future.
No one will be losing in Paris next week luckily

Dare to dream territory:
IF: England beat France with a bonus point
AND: Ireland lose to Scotland without a bonus point
THEN: England win the 6N.

Unfortunately, Scotland are only good when you don't need them to be.

Why the **** would you get rid of Marler and Cole?

There's a lot of talk about game plans and skills. Rightly, but sometimes we forget how crucial the pure physical attributes are. The height of Chessum, the outright power of CCS and Martin and the fast twitch fibres of Earl and IFW all make a difference. Underhill's hitting and the nous and strength of Cole and Marler have also made themselves felt. We're not quite back at Orcs on Steroids territory but sorting out the pack will make everything else a lot easier. Cautious grounds for optimism.

Why the **** would you get rid of Marler and Cole?
Replace them both with locks. If you didn't notice from today 3 locks on the pitch won us the match, imagine if we had 5 locks! We'd win a wc!

Joking aside I like the balance of the team but also don't like that they seem reliant upon Martin, Lawrence and IFW. We need squad players to replace them if needed and I worry they are they aren't there.

Maybe that's a worry for another day.

Ford is abit like Ben Youngs was towards the end, either a 10 or a 2. I rate him but he has a tendency to have bad moments/games too.

Id say MSmith should start vs France and that is the only change id make.

Latest posts