• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(2022 Rugby Championship - Round 5) - Australia V New Zealand (15/9/2022) [Bledisloe 1]

It's a shame Foster didn't pick Dalton to start at 7. Make Sam W captain.
I don't think Sam whitelock is a great captain honestly, nor Sam cane, as neither are calm under pressure. Obviously we don't know what its like in the training sheds, but if the likes of cane and whitelock are great in that regard perhaps just make one of them co-captains with someone who is calm under pressure and plays consistently hard every week (unlike cane and whitelock - even though whitelock on his good day is probably our best player).

I don't think Sam whitelock is a great captain honestly, nor Sam cane, as neither are calm under pressure. Obviously we don't know what its like in the training sheds, but if the likes of cane and whitelock are great in that regard perhaps just make one of them co-captains with someone who is calm under pressure and plays consistently hard every week (unlike cane and whitelock - even though whitelock on his good day is probably our best player).
Apart from Ardie, if he were playing, who would you make captain?

Anyone think the Wallabies can win this one?. They have a good bench but it's the starting team that worries me. I've got a horrible feeling the All Blacks will come racing out of the blocks, get a couple of early tries and the Wallabies will capitulate. This has echoes of the game in Sydney in 2020. I hope I'm wrong by the way.

Well, that's a tough question. Part of me thinks retallick; while he can be aggressive, I feel like he's in control of his aggression. Last time he was captain I thought he did well too. But yeah, most of the experienced players in the team have shown weakness under pressure. TJ and weber would be candidates if they were good enough to be in the team, particularly TJ. Or coles, but not good enough to be starting. So actually whitelock would probably be my second choice in This starting team. He could co-captain with someone on the bench - papalii or coles

Smith, been highlanders captain for years, abs leadership group for years and a halfback so loves a chat with the ref, obvious choice for me

It's a shame Foster didn't pick Dalton to start at 7. Make Sam W captain.
I would have been tempted to play paps, sotutu and AI…they worked well for he blues together so use that to offset the step up the the big stage…I'm a big fan for playing combinations as I think often a good combo can be better than just the "best" in the ash position

That Wallaby selection smells of trying to get a reaction out of the good benches players like White, Sio and Hodge.

ABs by 16

Have to say, kickoff at 945pm on a Thursday (work and school night) or is pretty ****. Surely They could have made it 630pm aus time, 830pm NZ time without issue. Definitely doesn't need to be 745.

Have to say, kickoff at 945pm on a Thursday (work and school night) or is pretty ****. Surely They could have made it 630pm aus time, 830pm NZ time without issue. Definitely doesn't need to be 745.
6.30's too difficult for people to get to after work. That and it's prime time for Aus tv. Doesn't really concern the broadcasters if it doesn't work for an overseas audience.

speaking as someone in melbourne and going to the game....it should have been played at suncorp on sat avo...somewhere other than bloody victoria in september!

speaking as someone in melbourne and going to the game....it should have been played at suncorp on sat avo...somewhere other than bloody victoria in september!
Eh. Melbourne were owed a game after they missed out during covid and Brisbane just had a test. I love a mid week test

my rugby club group chat has been going off all day with people trying to get tickets, seems lots of people had missed its tonight,,,another poorly marketed rugby game in aus

my rugby club group chat has been going off all day with people trying to get tickets, seems lots of people had missed its tonight,,,another poorly marketed rugby game in aus
Bring that it's sold out they would've had trouble anyway. Hardly poor marketing.

Its a sell out and Vic havnt had the Bled in years.

But sure - I'd certainly prefer the Wallabies were playing at Suncorp.

6.30's too difficult for people to get to after work. That and it's prime time for Aus tv. Doesn't really concern the broadcasters if it doesn't work for an overseas audience.
Really? You can go straight from work. If 630 is too hard doesn't mean 745 is the right time. I'd imagine on a Thursday you'd likely get more people to the game (if it wasn't sold out anyway) if it was earlier. It's also bad business to not do a deal with NZ broadcasting because hardly anyone is going to watch it in NZ at this time. Or perhaps the viewership in NZ even at prime time just pales in comparison to Australian viewership

Great having this on to break up the morning WFH. Hoping for an Aussie bounce back to avoid a snooze fest but I'm starting to see Schmidt stamping his mark on this team, very focused and purposed attack, not sure how the NZ public will like it.

Really? You can go straight from work. If 630 is too hard doesn't mean 745 is the right time. I'd imagine on a Thursday you'd likely get more people to the game (if it wasn't sold out anyway) if it was earlier. It's also bad business to not do a deal with NZ broadcasting because hardly anyone is going to watch it in NZ at this time. Or perhaps the viewership in NZ even at prime time just pales in comparison to Australian viewership
Which might be fine if you work near the stadium

Latest posts