• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(2022 Rugby Championship - Round 5) - Australia V New Zealand (15/9/2022) [Bledisloe 1]

see, this is the bullshit, a kiwi says we think were going to win with the form we've shown over the last couple of year.....and we'd be called out as typical arrogant kiwis thinking were better than everyone else....say we're going too lose and we get called out as a fair weather fan
Don't take the cheap bait man.

You are definitely wrong though. No way in hell the Wallabies are going to win this.

And I'd put the odds of a Wallaby win at Eden park at around 10000-1.

I legitimately didn't think Argentina would win in NZ....or that Ireland would get a series win...so i really don't know what will happen, there is blood in the water and i think any of these top teams can get up if given a sniff

I legitimately didn't think Argentina would win in NZ....or that Ireland would get a series win...so i really don't know what will happen, there is blood in the water and i think any of these top teams can get up if given a sniff
Maybe - but we are talking about the Wobblies here.

see, this is the bullshit, a kiwi says we think were going to win with the form we've shown over the last couple of year.....and we'd be called out as typical arrogant kiwis thinking were better than everyone else....say we're going too lose and we get called out as a fair weather fan
I was refering to "i am almost thinking of becoming a fan of league" which is a cardinal sin in union. Also coincidentally when your team is not having its best moment. Is this not when you have to stand with them through the worst times?

Last edited:
I was refering to "i am almost thinking of becoming a fan of league" which is a cardinal sin in union. Also coincidentally when your team is not having its best moment. Is this not when you have to stand with them through the worst times?
Most Union fans in Aus and increasingly in NZ follow both.

I love Union but League is a lot more entertaining at the moment.

and pretty common for a long time, at least for a lot of kiwis since the warriors were formed but i was a Sharks fan before that, league was huge in NZ in the 90's

since being in melbourne ive definitely followed the AFL more than league but thats more a case of there is only so much bandwidth

i imagine we'll see the AB's announced today...for a thursday games?

and pretty common for a long time, at least for a lot of kiwis since the warriors were formed but i was a Sharks fan before that, league was huge in NZ in the 90's

since being in melbourne ive definitely followed the AFL more than league but thats more a case of there is only so much bandwidth

i imagine we'll see the AB's announced today...for a thursday games?
Yeh AFL is a monster but I find there is less crossover in fans.

Yeh AFL is a monster but I find there is less crossover in fans.
thats fair, just read that West Coast have over 100k members this year...not even a vic team, any rugby team would love to have 100k paying members

thats fair, just read that West Coast have over 100k members this year...not even a vic team, any rugby team would love to have 100k paying members
Its hard to see how they ever could though. I mean - the Bledisloe is supposedly one of the capstone games of the year and we havn't been in touching distance for 20 years.

Unless something truly dramatic happens this is about where rugby belongs. I also think that the diminished competitiveness of Australian rugby will ultimately infect and drag NZ rugby down with it - as you guys don't really have any option but to play us and intertwine your fate to ours (if it hasn't already). Plenty of NZ talent is already draining into NRL with its better salaries and more opportunities - expect that to continue.

Its hard to see how they ever could though. I mean - the Bledisloe is supposedly one of the capstone games of the year and we havn't been in touching distance for 20 years.

Unless something truly dramatic happens this is about where rugby belongs.
yeah, i dont think we will, just dont think rugby is attractive enough, i remember as a kid the selling point over league was it was more free flowing, not stopping every tackle....now not only do we stop lots those stops can lead to points, trying to get AFL fans into rugby and they just dont get the attraction

I just mean we cant blame aussie sports fans...they spend fortunes on tickets and merch and memberships and theyre passionate about their clubs

Man - at the start of the year I was actually vaguely optimistic about the test season. **** I'm over this ****.

Man - at the start of the year I was actually vaguely optimistic about the test season. **** I'm over this ****.
I presume bell is injured? I missed what happened to him.

Pretty tough to win without four of your five best players, especially when the gap is so big between them and the next best in their position.

And there's not much continuity.

yeah, i dont think we will, just dont think rugby is attractive enough, i remember as a kid the selling point over league was it was more free flowing, not stopping every tackle....now not only do we stop lots those stops can lead to points, trying to get AFL fans into rugby and they just dont get the attraction

I just mean we cant blame aussie sports fans...they spend fortunes on tickets and merch and memberships and theyre passionate about their clubs
Penalty goals are the bane of rugby. I fully reckon get rid of them. Give away a penalty and you are out of play until the next stoppage (not including stoppages from your own team giving away another penalty). But play doesn't wait for the penalised player to leave the field - they just need to hold their arms up to signal they are not part of play, and the ref needs to shout really loud the instant there is a penalty to say which player is penalised.

Yeh don't expect him to, even if he has a blinder. Isn't Ardie just on paternity leave?
im still of the school where form should be rewarded....so if sotutu had a blinder then i would like to see sotutu at 8 and savea at 7...seeing he still plays a pseudo 7 role anyway

Latest posts