• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(2022 Rugby Championship - Round 5) - Australia V New Zealand (15/9/2022) [Bledisloe 1]

You have to punish the ref. You HAVE to make a public statement.
You just cant do that. Ref could have just said we will play a minute after the hooter or something. Calls like that ruin the game.

To be fair to raynal, that must've been delightful to **** off nic white like that.

No more than 10 seconds between Raynal calling "time on" and blowing for the scrum to New Zealand.

My ******* recording cut out after 65 mins. What happened at the end? I've seen the score, shame they couldn't get over the line at the end. Would've been a great comeback.

My ******* recording cut out after 65 mins. What happened at the end? I've seen the score, shame they couldn't get over the line at the end. Would've been a great comeback.
They got shafted by one of the worst calls this year.

World Rugby serves the 2027 RWC on a silver platter to Australia to stop the bleeding and this happens. And you wonder why this sport doesn't grow in competitive sports markets like Australia and the USA. It's right in your face.

If it had been warned to play immediately by Raynal after he blew for time back on then its a fair call.
If not dire;
Not a great game for team of 4 should surely have been a red for the lower limb target.
Always gives us something to talk about though.
Be boring if nowt to criticise refs about.

Yeah, it was that bad I'd be semi suspicious of Raynal. He's perfectly capable of being a very good ref and was one of my favourites when he first burst on the scene. He's since had dodgy games where big underdogs have lost involving England and Leinster at least, and now today.

I doubt it's match fixing but not enough to be comfortable.

Damn , looks like I missed a cracker including the controversy.

just watching game now so don't know how it finished. but if a red card is supposed to be foul play that is meant to injure I don't know how Swain wasn't red carded. that was 1990s NHL sucker punching/slashing levels bad. TMO wasted so much time on earlier clean outs but when I saw swain target the knee like that I winced. Callum clark type stuff.
Yeah, it was that bad I'd be semi suspicious of Raynal. He's perfectly capable of being a very good ref and was one of my favourites when he first burst on the scene. He's since had dodgy games where big underdogs have lost involving England and Leinster at least, and now today.

was probably told by SANZAAR to never give a red so not to "ruin the game"

He's a cheat - simple as that. Didn't like him using "All Blacks " when he was communicating with NZ either. That grates. If he comes out and apologises now that's even worse. That call was horrendous, an amazing comeback ruined by an absolute crook.

Raynal is an awful ref. Swain clearly should have seen red and while that probably wouldn't have seen the game end as it did, the 'time wasting' call was another shocker. There's no way he doesn't realise that it was going to be gifting NZ with a strong chance of picking up a score and changing the result.

No more than 10 seconds between Raynal calling "time on" and blowing for the scrum to New Zealand.

I can't believe he blows just as Foley is starting the motion to kick. It does seem the ref prompts him to play and Foley turns his back on the ref for a few more seconds. So Foley did screw it up, even if the Wallabies still can be aggrieved.

I'd love to see such strict enforcement on time taken around rucks after being told to 'use it's, but in a consistent way, not a ref just calling it once on a whim.

On match fixing, itd have to be for number of penalties called or something because if he had money on NZ to win then calling a penalty against them with 90secs to go probably isn't the best way to go about things.

Also is Bledisloe not best of three anymore?

it seems like Raynal was emotional. He was just ****** that Foley turned his back on him after he told him to play. That's understandable but he pulled the trigger early. it's technically correct call but we never see refs call that even though I'd be all for it and I think is truer to the spirit of the game.

Edit:
so I've gone back and watched it like 10 times. He calls time off to specifically tell Foley that if he has to kick the ball as soon as he puts time back on. All of Foley's teammates were yelling at him to kick the ball immediately. Apparently Raynal was super ****** off about Foley's time wasting under yellow in the first half.

Last edited:

Latest posts