• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] France vs Wales (01/02/2019)

If Wales score quickly in the second half, they may believe they can make the comeback, but the conditions just don't lend themselves to scoring the 20+ points they'll probably need.

I love reading these posts in hindsight. Wales gifted! But then they still had to score the tries they were 'gifted'.

So with France up next for us (after getting spanked by Ireland ofcourse), do expect a France wanting to prove everyone wrong or one that is completely shot to bits?

An amazing comeback. In the first half, Wales played the worst I'd seen them since the 2016 Autumn Internationals, but then silly French errors and tightening up their act got them the win.

Has the term a game of 2 halfs ever been more poignant?

Wales were the most awful I've seen them that 1st half. Handling errors and decision making. France were very clever and clearly playing the conditions better team until ..

France made errors , this will happen and is expected in these conditions. I almost knew France couldn't play another faultless 40 but I also thought that they had to many points on the board. They just needed to playback simpler game but that's something the french just can't do they can only play one way. Mist say it was great sniper work from George North and his tryscoring recording speaks for itself (4th all time in 6 nations) . Everybody needs a bit of luck in a 6 nations , let's not forget Ireland's last minute drop goal to win last year . Let's also remember that France are capable of beating anyone on their day ( England last year) . You win some and you lose some but at the end of the day maybe it's time Wales "won some" after losing some many close ones in the past , maybe there is some meaning to those world rankings after all.

So it was Vahaamahina! Commentators blamed Ntamack (twice I think) - they look nothing like each other, and one of them was wearing a scrum cap but never mind

Yeah first time I put Ntamack, but defo Vahaamahina's pass, which was intercepted by North to score the winning try.

I said I would've taken a 1 point win (via a late Dan Biggar drop goal) before the match and regardless of the abysmal first half, you have gotta be satisfied with an away 'W' that isn't against Italy in the 6N. Did we deserve it... well I tell you who didn't deserve the win and it begins with a 'ffffffr' and ends with the name of a 1998 animated movie very similar to 'A Bugs Life' (also release in 1998). I would've liked a performance but I'd rather a win.

I know it breaks everyone's heart (who isn't Welsh)... but that's starting to become the way we like it.

Last edited:

Latest posts