• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Lions vs. Highlanders (Semi-Final 2) 30/07/2016

I feel Lions have to take their chances here. A bad missed opportunity. Very competitive so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Good stuff! De Clerk needs to calm down a little though, seems a bit over pumped and one or two rushed and inaccurate passes. Getting the lead should settle them down.

The Refreeing has been pretty bad. Dont get me wrong the Lions are the better team so far but holly hell that was a clear steal on the ground by that lions player there!

A try each for the Lions superstars in the making, Jantjies and Rensburg. Can't see the Highlanders chase this down at altitude. They needed to keep it close and manage the game to preserve their energy. Now they have to go chasing it.

Last edited:
Uhh not the Highlanders day today thats for sure. One score and they are back in this.

- - - Updated - - -

The Canes are going to be in deep **** against this scrum.

Closer half than the score suggests. Sticking with my prediction of Lions by 10+. Highlanders very good but I'd put them slightly behind the Canes and Chiefs.

Wow that was a pretty good try. Under pressure then read the gap. They just put the HL defence under to much pressure.

From what im seeing the Lions could totally beat the canes next week. Maybe even easily. The canes wont be able to handle these forwards and the Lions kicking game should be slightly better.

Last edited:
I think I saw Jantjies described as "average" here during the third test against Ireland. :rolleyes:

I think I saw Jantjies described as "average" here during the third test against Ireland. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Jantjies must be the starting 10 for the Springboks for the Rugby Championship.

- - - Updated - - -

If Barret was having the playoffs Jantjies is having everyone would be raving about it, and rightly so.

:rolleyes: Jantjies must be the starting 10 for the Springboks for the Rugby Championship.

- - - Updated - - -

If Barret was having the playoffs Jantjies is having everyone would be raving about it, and rightly so.

Lets see Jantjies in a team that isnt going forward at a million miles an hour. I seriously doubt he'll be the same player.

I don't watch much South African Super Rugby so this is the first time I've really seen Jaco Kriel play. Good God he's a monster. How does he not have more international caps?!

Last edited:
Yep this is probably the most impressive SA team we'll see come to NZ to contest a final. The previous ones have been fizzers. This Lions team looks the real deal to me.

Thats an amazing try. All sorts of defence there!

- - - Updated - - -

Jeez the HL have just leaked to many tries. I get the feeling they (HL) could score a couple more before the games out.

Jantjies probably the man of the match. He's been on fire. Try and created countless assists. Like any Flyhalf, if your forwards are dominating you'll have a field day!

I think the key for the Hurricanes next week is to move this lions pack around keep away from scrums at all costs and stay in touch until the final 60 and then they should be able to score at will on them.

What a kick!
What an offload!
What a try!

- - - Updated - - -

What a kick!
What an offload!
What a try!