• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2015 Super Rugby Grand Final: Hurricanes vs Highlanders

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ardie's gone burgers... Highlanders have a great opportunity here to roll these guys imo.

Ardie is out of the final?

Not many can be dominant at international level. Kaino couldn't be dominant against the Pumas at WC 2011

Yet Kaino manhandled Australia out in the quarters with a little help from his friends of course.

Kaino is the best 6 in the world end of story.

Ardie's gone burgers... Highlanders have a great opportunity here to roll these guys imo.

Yet Kaino manhandled Australia out in the quarters with a little help from his friends of course.

Kaino is the best 6 in the world end of story.

Didn't Kaino win NZ player of the year not too long ago and nominated for the IRB player of the year? Nuff said.

Last edited:
Looking at the teams the HL actually have the better bench, actually I think its loads better.

Only really the Canes loosies I was worried about and now one of them is gone things are looking up. Jane is out Marshall at fullback. The bomb is on as a tactic thats for sure. Not saying Marhsall is bad but Jane makes a massive difference not being there.

My God. They surely cannot keep up this pace

Ardie savea would be so good for this game, Barrett needs to pass it sooner, the landers defence is on point..

The HL are going so well all things considered so far. Canes deffo making more mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow Buckman shouldnt of held off Skudder back there. With Skudder the more time you give him the more chance he is likely to pull off some miracle pass or step or something. Very lucky Nonu got tackled earlier after the pass!

- - - Updated - - -

Holly hell best try that wasnt EVER!!!! How the hell did he even get that close to that line!!! Elliot Dixson is a BEAST!!!

WWWWOOOW Canes were robbed no way that was a try.... But im not complaining of course!!

Heck of a try! Reminds me of meninga at his best, just pure power

Dubious whether or not that was grounded. However you could argue either way.

WWWWOOOW Canes were robbed no way that was a try.... But im not complaining of course!!

Not sure of the rule in Union, but I know in league you're not allowed to use your feet to stop a try with your feet because of the danger to the face with the studs.

In League that would have been a penalty try if the ball didn't get grounded. Either way it bloody well deserved one

I haven't reacted like that to a try for a team that I don't support for a while.

What a try. They just could not stop him!

Dubious whether or not that was grounded. However to could argue either way.

Yeah im dubious about it aswell but I mean you almost deserve a try with an effort like that. That was crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

That 8 points at half time will be so critical. It wont be enough if the HL dont go all out.

Not sure if he had complete control of it after it went on to Skudder's foot. It didn't look like your typical knock on, so I could understand it being ruled either way. Anyone who says "that obviously isn't / is" I would disagree with - because it looked 5050 to me. Freakish ability to even get that far regardless.

Didn't expect a blow out, but I also didn't expect the Highlanders to come out like this. For me, it looks as though the Canes just aren't gaining meters as easily, coming under a torrid defense and they aren't panicking exactly, but the execution isn't there. Ben Smith, Dane Coles, James Broadhurst, Nonu have all stood out to me. Naholo continues to be a threat, Skudder almost set up a try - but for the most part feel as though the Landers contained him well.

Still for the neutral it means canes have to seriously go for it this half.. So even more intensity from both teams

Latest posts