• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2015 Super Rugby Grand Final: Hurricanes vs Highlanders

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said it for the tahs game and I think it still counts...the boys will be fizzing

That was stressful getting tickets!!! Selected the tickets and had them in my basket straight away, went to payment processing for ages then it came up with an error.....had 45 seconds left until basket expired luckily got through to payment processing this time and went through just in time at 4:12pm. So pumped now that I have tickets!!!

That was stressful getting tickets!!! Selected the tickets and had them in my basket straight away, went to payment processing for ages then it came up with an error.....had 45 seconds left until basket expired luckily got through to payment processing this time and went through just in time at 4:12pm. So pumped now that I have tickets!!!

Is your name Emmett Hurley? Veichy just posted this on his FB.

Veitchy on Sport shared Emmett Hurley's post.
6 mins ·
Oh dear..

Emmett Hurley‎Veitchy on Sport
Veitchy mate. How rubbish is this. I purchased 5 tickets for myself and friends with 25 seconds left before I was timed out but it took too long to process so it came up with error and I was put to the back of the que. Rough being punished for ticketek's website not being able to handle the traffic

Enjoy the opportunity! I could only dream of attending a Super Rugby final in my home city, then again we beat the Highlanders 2 years ago and now look at them... anything's possible I suppose :)

Is your name Emmett Hurley? Veichy just posted this on his FB.

Veitchy on Sport shared Emmett Hurley's post.
6 mins ·
Oh dear..

Emmett Hurley‎Veitchy on Sport
Veitchy mate. How rubbish is this. I purchased 5 tickets for myself and friends with 25 seconds left before I was timed out but it took too long to process so it came up with error and I was put to the back of the que. Rough being punished for ticketek's website not being able to handle the traffic

Haha nah, ironically I'm "Regan" :p Yeah it's happened to a lot of people I think. Luckily I got back in time before the basket expired and I actually knew I had my tickets before the site said as the money had come out of my account. A few people have said it's crashed on them but when looking at their statements they see that the money has come out. I had the ticket confirmation sent to me about 18 mins later so all is good. I only purchased 2 silver covered tickets, hopefully there's not many ********s out there buying tickets to re sell.

Some ******s are buying tickets and selling them for $300+ Complete tossers.. I say they should get the ticket number, confiscate them and sell resell them to genuine punters.

Some ******s are buying tickets and selling them for $300+ Complete tossers.. I say they should get the ticket number, confiscate them and sell resell them to genuine punters.

Yeah really disappointing to see. Some poor fans are missing out because of these people.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, Chris Boyd has said he reckons Nehe will be fine to play, which a positive. Jane is still a bit hit and miss.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/69798694/hurricanes-to-give-ardie-savea-time-to-prove-fitness-for-super-rugby-final

Not too much news on Savea's condition tbh.

Myself and mates missed out on tickets...more sold on Wednesday morning...

Myself and mates missed out on tickets...more sold on Wednesday morning...

Good luck - from what I've heard there won't be that many more released....only members/ partners that have seats reserved for them that may not want them all and potentially temporary seats that may get added. My advice is be on the website well before - I was on an hour before so didn't have to wait in a queue from 3:30pm like most had to.

Someone is selling 2 tickets in the same section I got my 2 in on trade me and it's already up to $800 - that's 8x the price, ridiculous scalpers.

Good luck - from what I've heard there won't be that many more released....only members/ partners that have seats reserved for them that may not want them all and potentially temporary seats that may get added. My advice is be on the website well before - I was on an hour before so didn't have to wait in a queue from 3:30pm like most had to.

Someone is selling 2 tickets in the same section I got my 2 in on trade me and it's already up to $800 - that's 8x the price, ridiculous scalpers.

I'm considering making a fake account and bidding on them, winning and then not paying the auction. F*ckwits.

I'm considering making a fake account and bidding on them, winning and then not paying the auction. F*ckwits.

Hmmm legally though you're obliged to pay. Probably best to stay away and hope TM takes them down.

My problem was that I had the tickets already lined up at 4:00pm, and then found out after trying to buy them I needed to register a Tiketek account...

This is where season ticket holders should get automatic entry. The guys that go week in week out no matter the weather, no matter the team.

This is where season ticket holders should get automatic entry. The guys that go week in week out no matter the weather, no matter the team.

They get ticket priority - they could purchase tickets before the rest of the public, which I think is fair. Giving free tickets to a game they technically haven't paid for is probably a bit much.

They get ticket priority - they could purchase tickets before the rest of the public, which I think is fair. Giving free tickets to a game they technically haven't paid for is probably a bit much.

Yeah that's fair enough. Good to know.

Hmmm legally though you're obliged to pay. Probably best to stay away and hope TM takes them down.

supposed to, but that doesn't stop hundreds of morons doing it. Sold my old TV on ebay and the guy never showed up, strung it out for a week then told me he can't afford the TV anymore because his mum is in hospital.

This ticketing business has been a bit ugly
I waited in the Computer queue from 3.35pm and when I got on, about 4.10pm, I thought I was sweet. The computer let me go right through the process and even allocated me my five tickets (Aisle 33, DD 95 - 99). When I hit the final button to complete the transaction it bounced me back into the queue. I was no hope from then on - never got back in. Like scoring the match winner and then getting pulled back for a forward pass three phases back.
I've heard that happened to quite a few.

Another bloke I know went to a Tickatek outlet in a small town north of Wellington. Got there hours early and waited 10th in line. When it opened the first guy spent about 7 minutes buying his 16 tickets and selecting where in the ground he wanted them. My mate got to 6th in line and then that was it. Sold Out.

I hope some genuine rugby types are going, but I fear most won't be.
At least I made the Semi Final and I thought the atmosphere was OK. Not as good as the Cricket World Cup matches though. I have to admit I didn't cheer too loudly as had a bad throat, but my kids made plenty of noise.

This ticketing business has been a bit ugly
I waited in the Computer queue from 3.35pm and when I got on, about 4.10pm, I thought I was sweet. The computer let me go right through the process and even allocated me my five tickets (Aisle 33, DD 95 - 99). When I hit the final button to complete the transaction it bounced me back into the queue. I was no hope from then on - never got back in. Like scoring the match winner and then getting pulled back for a forward pass three phases back.
I've heard that happened to quite a few.

Another bloke I know went to a Tickatek outlet in a small town north of Wellington. Got there hours early and waited 10th in line. When it opened the first guy spent about 7 minutes buying his 16 tickets and selecting where in the ground he wanted them. My mate got to 6th in line and then that was it. Sold Out.

I hope some genuine rugby types are going, but I fear most won't be.
At least I made the Semi Final and I thought the atmosphere was OK. Not as good as the Cricket World Cup matches though. I have to admit I didn't cheer too loudly as had a bad throat, but my kids made plenty of noise.

Yep, you could see on the TV it's not genuine Rugby fans (the noise and the crowd shots), it's upper class middle class "Wellingtonians" that will show up when a teams winning and fashionable. I don't think there's a City in NZ with fairweather supporters, maybe Aucklanders take that spot actually. They only get a man and a dog to their games these days.

Someone made the point about going to the match is good when people aren't loud...lol.. That's the point of a crowd, getting behind your team and intimidating the opposition while lifting yours..

Yep, you could see on the TV it's not genuine Rugby fans (the noise and the crowd shots), it's upper class middle class "Wellingtonians" that will show up when a teams winning and fashionable. I don't think there's a City in NZ with fairweather supporters, maybe Aucklanders take that spot actually. They only get a man and a dog to their games these days.

Someone made the point about going to the match is good when people aren't loud...lol.. That's the point of a crowd, getting behind your team and intimidating the opposition while lifting yours..

A tad of a generalization, not everyone that's turning up is just because the teams winning. There is a few of us true supporters. I don't get to go to as many games anymore as I live in the Manawatu region now but I always try to go to at least 2 every year and go to a few ITM Cup games (was handy as the Canes played in Palmy this year). I watch every game, regardless of the time. I know you guys aren't referring to me but I'm getting a lil annoyed from parties elsewhere (Facebook) that's saying that all the true loyal fans have missed out and all the people who don't even know rugby got tickets, that's not entirely true.

Latest posts