• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Bronze Final: South Africa vs. Argentina (30/10/2015)

And the Boks didn't play like this against All Blacks because ......... ?

Argentina having plenty of ball, but really not looking like the same team in their attack. Lots of route one and two ball and not getting anywhere. Not as confident getting it wide.

Omens aren't looking good.

All I hope from this match is Habana does not get the try record

There's such little enthusiasm about this game, it's sad really. Some of the players even look a bit disinterested...

All I hope from this match is Habana does not get the try record
It very much looks like it is on his mind doesnt it! White line feve a touch.

Good on him if he gets the new record though!!

By the way @TRF_heineken this is the sort of attcking play from SA I was talking about! They look better playing like this (except for that brain explosion tap on from le Roux!!). Teir whole backline seems suited to this type of play especially with Pollard's running threat!

Last edited:
Argentina's rugby IQ is just not up to this level of Rugby. They showed it against Australia and several times again here today! They just make the most basic of mistakes and what's worse it is often happening when they are ust startgin to get some attacking momentum! Moronoi for example on that last break! He did so well but what the heck was that "offload" all about? Just dumb. But mainly their problem is supprt play and numbers to the breakdown when they get over the advantage line. They are playing like a team who's rugby IQ is just not quite their yet!! or at the east not in synch with some of their attacking desires!

Last edited:
And the Boks didn't play like this against All Blacks because ......... ?

I agree mate. I reckon SA was very lucky to get as close as they did to the ABs given the tactics they emplyed. Unfortunately it is those tactics which are credited for how close they got, but for me they just got lucky and it is a false postive if u will. My sense is that on the balance of probabilities SAs best chance to beat the ABs (and any side for that matter) is to make use of their backs and in particular Pollard to spark it.

Also on a more technical note they need a replacement for Burger. They roll he plays seems to be similar to Read in terms of ranging on the flanks. The difference is he either doesnt have, or doesnt ever show the intention to use any ball skills to distribute the ball or look for the off load. He is very predictable and at times chances seem to go begging out wide. I cant remember the exact time, but early in the half on the right flank there looked to be a chance to create a 2 on 1 for SA, but Burger didnt even look outside him, he just hit it up....

But mainly their problem is supprt play and numbers to the breakdown when they get over the advantage line.

That's because the team is tired and battered, so the players are always arriving late. Against Ireland they were arriving like Ferraris to the breakdown, but now they're just gassed. We have to work on fitness.

In fairness, like the commentator said, I do think he got ankle tapped. I'll agree the throwing his arms in the air made it look very dramatic. Nothing in it really. Need Nigel Owens there to give him a dressing down haha.

That's because the team is tired and battered, so the players are always arriving late. Against Ireland they were arriving like Ferraris to the breakdown, but now they're just gassed. We have to work on fitness.

Not always. Have a look at the Duane Vermuelen Penalty (TO)! The guy that shold have been first to the breakdown went flyng past dreaming for an offload that was never going to come. In the end the TO was in slow motion cause no-one was there!! It's just one example of crazy attaking intent at the expense of securing the ball and having a little more patience. The Moroni TO was another prime example!!

Dont get me wrong, they are a good team obviously and play some good rugby, but if you are going to critique then its that final touch and a little bit more composure and decision making (Rugby IQ) that is letting them down.

Last edited:
Agree ABs2011 we are playing retarded rugby today. Plus bad passing, slow to breakdowns, we are not going to the open fast enough. We are playing a very slow rugby compared to what we proposed in other matches.

Why? maybe we are too tired or the 10 replacements. Maybe we need to adapt more and change gameplay not just try to play the same if plan A does not work. Its sad to see them go this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Why they try to off load everything for **** sake!!!!! if they just go to the floor and play again we could score....

Latest posts