• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Bronze Final: South Africa vs. Argentina (30/10/2015)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
vTRhZ65.png

South%20Africa.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Argentina.png

The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London (30/10/2015, 20:00)
The Bronze Final, 3rd & 4th Place

Referee: John Lacey
23px-IRFU_flag.svg.png

Last edited:
The match neither team really wants to play. This should be replaced with Rugby plate final I.e. After teams who finished 3rd and fourth in the pools have played out a separate competition during the RWC.

I'm actually looking forward to this game. 3rd time this year the two teams would have played each other.

I think what the Bokke should do is to use this game as a proper send-off to the guys who won't play again.

Victor Matfield, Fourie Du Preez, Morne Steyn, Schalk Burger, Jannie Du Plessis, Bismarck Du Plessis, Bryan Habana, Ruan Pienaar are all guys that won't play in another Rugby World Cup.

So let them play, and have some fun and retire on a good note...

Could not agree more, in every World sport there is always a Podium, 1st 2nd and 3rd so this should never change, plates, bowls, little finals etc. is for sevens and not XV, so let these two teams battle it out for the 3rd place, and also an excellent way to give a great farewell to some great players from both teams who will be playing their last World Cup, but please no injuries to the Du Plessis bros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, didn't expect this

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/springboks/news/151026/Puma_trio_ruled_out_of_SA_clash

Agustin Creevy, Juan Imhoff and Juan Martin Hernandez have all been ruled out of the Argentina team to take on South Africa in the World Cup third-place playoff because of injury.All three came off during Argentina's 29-15 defeat by Australia in the World Cup semifinal on Sunday.
Puma skipper Creevy suffered a hamstring strain, Hernandez hurt his ribs and top try-scorer Imhoff came off with a head injury, the Argentina Rugby Union said.
The bronze playoff is at London's Olympic Stadium on Friday.

Bronze is better than nothing and it gives Habana a chance to score that 1 extra RWC try.

I'd keep the team similar to last week assuming the inury situation is the same.

Bronze is better than nothing and it gives Habana a chance to score that 1 extra RWC try.

I'd keep the team similar to last week assuming the inury situation is the same.

It also gives a team a chance to qualify for the next world cup. So there is something to play for.

It also gives a team a chance to qualify for the next world cup. So there is something to play for.
No it doesn't every team that finished 3rd or better at the group stages did that.

because he's a prat no more no less after the WC is finished, so will he!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to be honest, I totally forgot there was even a match for third (such was my concentration on the Semi's and the ultimate winner). I will back Argentina here. I don't believe they'll win (partially because they won't have as much passion), but I'd like to see them finish this RWC with a win. They'll be an even more serious force in years to come.

So it's not the sport you love, then? That comment doesn't reflect well on you.

Really not bothered mate, this is a pointless game that shouldn't even be played. Do you think the teams involved really have the heart to play this? They've just missed out on the big dance and it's a souless game with both teams going at 50%, it doesn't prove anything let alone who's really 3rd best in the world which is hardly a prize in itself. So how am I expected to care about it?

Really not bothered mate, this is a pointless game that shouldn't even be played. Do you think the teams involved really have the heart to play this? They've just missed out on the big dance and it's a souless game with both teams going at 50%, it doesn't prove anything let alone who's really 3rd best in the world which is hardly a prize in itself. So how am I expected to care about it?

Well, you say it's souless. It's likely the last ever match for some legends of the game. Regardless - no one is forcing you to care. They just don't need the people who's team is in the final to vocalize their dismissive attitude.

If I had to choose someone, I'd like Argentina to win it, because they play some positive Rugby, Spring Bok have reverted back to their conservative approach.

If I had to choose someone, I'd like Argentina to win it, because they play some positive Rugby, Spring Bok have reverted back to their conservative approach.

Nobody cares what you say. Rather keep your comments for yourself and go talk where your team is involved with.

You already made your bed for this thread.