• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Bronze Final: South Africa vs. Argentina (30/10/2015)

I can see Heineken Meyer getting the sack after this game.
I don't think much of him as a coach.
He is a liability.
South Africa is full of talented rugby players and this bloke couldn't organise a drink up in a brewery.

You have no idea the amount of pressure he has to endure to get a well balanced team that is politically correct. Also did you know that he gave more black players a chance than any other Springbok coach before him, yes, even PDV didn't play as many black players as HM!

HM has a better win record than Jake White FFS!

@ Jones Boy - read this and you might have a different appreciation.
http://therugbydrum.com/internation...sh-on-south-african-rugby#WerdbAZbUTClQ72D.97

Last edited:
oh for sure.

His breeding of stars started with Pierre Spies. HM saw him playing on the wing for his high school, and then said to him he must transition to no. 8. And he become a powerhouse.

HM was the one that scouted Jesse Kriel when he was 16. During the Grant Khomo rugby week. He instructed the Bulls scouts to approach him and eventually they got him and his brother.

But let's look at the old guns. Jean De Villiers, Victor Matfield, Schalk Burger and Fourie Du Preez. 3 out of the 4 performed very well this whole year and if it wasn't for some of them, I think we wouldn't have made it to the semi's.

But we finally have a chance to build a great legacy here. All our youngsters have been now part of the group for at least a year, maybe 2. And you can see the trust between the players and the coach, why don't we want to see where this can go?

"But we finally have a chance to build a great legacy here. All our youngsters have been now part of the group for at least a year, maybe 2. And you can see the trust between the players and the coach, why don't we want to see where this can go?"

Exactly, caution to the wind......maybe neutral refs without statisics might be the talisman.

Rub of the green maybe?

Who knows?

- - - Updated - - -

@ Jones Boy - read this and you might have a different appreciation.
http://therugbydrum.com/internation...sh-on-south-african-rugby#WerdbAZbUTClQ72D.97

Hey Ospervat....

Prior to the Springboks inclusion and actuactually after........who were the best team in the world? I know the records between NZ v SA..........who have the best record?, here's a clue. NZ never lost to Ire/Scot/Arg etc etc.

Let's be honest.....as soon as neutral refs hit the seen with fair play SA were found wanting. TRUE STORY

"But we finally have a chance to build a great legacy here. All our youngsters have been now part of the group for at least a year, maybe 2. And you can see the trust between the players and the coach, why don't we want to see where this can go?"

Exactly, caution to the wind......maybe neutral refs without statisics might be the talisman.

Rub of the green maybe?

Who knows?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Ospervat....

Prior to the Springboks inclusion and actuactually after........who were the best team in the world? I know the records between NZ v SA..........who have the best record?, here's a clue. NZ never lost to Ire/Scot/Arg etc etc.

Let's be honest.....as soon as neutral refs hit the seen with fair play SA were found wanting. TRUE STORY

What are you actually trying to say here???

What are you actually trying to say here???

I'm saying that the All Blacks were the best in the world prior to readmission of the Boks......if you disagree then fine. Yes SA had a marginal record against the AB's but NZ had a greater win/loss ratio compared to SA over all teams compared

Prior to readmission Heineken? Who were the best team in the world? Who would have been ranked no#1 with rankings?

Let's be honest shall we.....true story

- - - Updated - - -

It's a true story, SA relied on cooking the books within SA withouth having a better record. True Story, compare win/loss ratio over the world, SA were a close second. FACT

Hey Ospervat....

Agreed the SA vs AB win / loss record is not in dispute but here is another true story.
From about the mid 70's SA were effectively isolated for 20 years and barred from competing at international level due to external political pressure.

Up to that point the record between SA and NZ was
Played 34
SA win 19
Drawn 2

SA had also managed to lose to Scotland and France more than once and Ireland once in that pre 70's era

In the last 20 years there has been a shifting political interference in SA rugby from internal political forces.

In that time the record against NZ is
Played 57
SA win 16
Drawn 1

And we have since lost to the aforementioned nations more than once again and a few more.

To imply that "neutral refereeing" is the reason that the SA win record has decreased since the start of the professional era is just too simplistic and lacking insight.

It is undeniable that one way or another the quality and standard of SA rugby has been heavily influenced by prevailing political agendas over the last 40 years and it has had a negative impact on the results we see today.

To deny this as a factor is just simply naive.

In the case of HM I believe he faces challenges completely alien to other coaches because of the politically motivated selection and quota system he has to work with. What armchair critic can say they are qualified to pass judgement on this coach when they have absolutely no comprehension of the challenge he faces.

Agreed the SA vs AB win / loss record is not in dispute but here is another true story.
From about the mid 70's SA were effectively isolated for 20 years and barred from competing at international level due to external political pressure.

Played 34
SA win 19
Drawn 2

SA had also managed to lose to Scotland and France more than once and Ireland once in that pre 70's era

In the last 20 years there has been a shifting political interference in SA rugby from internal political forces.

Played 57
SA win 16
Drawn 1

And we have since lost to the aforementioned nations more than once again and a few more.

To imply that "neutral refereeing" is the reason that the SA win record has decreased since the start of the professional era is just too simplistic and lacking insight.

It is undeniable that one way or another the quality and standard of SA rugby has been heavily influenced by prevailing political agendas over the last 40 years and it has had a negative impact on the results we see today.

In the case of HM I believe he faces challenges completely alien to other coaches because of the politically motivated selection and quota system he has to work with. What armchair critic can say they are qualified to pass judgement on this coach when they have absolutely no comprehension of the challenge he faces.

Yeah.

And if @Bo Jandals wants to keep on saying it's a true story. Then he needs to supply facts regarding the neutral referees. Links would help his case. Otherwise he's just another Kiwi troll. And I think all of us on the forum are now pretty much done with this relentless trolling...

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Argentina from the press it looks like the Boks haven't got the stomach for what they see as a nothing game, some really stupid comments coming out of the Boks camp, after all there is a bronze medal for this.
Could you imagine the olympics, grand prix, Derby etc if the only gave a 1st and 2nd medal or prize money, if they get hammered by Argentina then there should be a public enquiry just as there would be after a horse race when a jockey gets done for not trying and then gets banned and fined.
I suggest that if they aren't up for this then they should be banned from the next World Cup as a suitable punishment, to me its bringing the game into disrepute, Meyer has made the following comment - 'It doesn't mean anything to me it's like kissing your sister'. Whilst Hourcade has said 'For us it means a lot'
So with that in mind COME ON ARGENTINA you deserve it the Boks don't.

What are you on about? A lot of players has said it's just as important as another game and they want to send off the senior players on the back of a good game.

You're taking one quote that HM said on the night when he lost the semi-final to NZ?

Can you think for yourself? Could you just try for one second?

Played 34
SA win 19
Drawn 2

Played 57
SA win 16
Drawn 1

South Africa had a positive win record against all nations pre-isolation. It certainly says something about the powers that be post-isolation.

What are you on about? A lot of players has said it's just as important as another game and they want to send off the senior players on the back of a good game.

You're taking one quote that HM said on the night when he lost the semi-final to NZ?

Can you think for yourself? Could you just try for one second?

It doesn't matter when he said it he said it, I have no problem thinking for myself, but I can't think for Meyer.

Come on Argentina from the press it looks like the Boks haven't got the stomach for what they see as a nothing game, some really stupid comments coming out of the Boks camp, after all there is a bronze medal for this.
Could you imagine the olympics, grand prix, Derby etc if the only gave a 1st and 2nd medal or prize money, if they get hammered by Argentina then there should be a public enquiry just as there would be after a horse race when a jockey gets done for not trying and then gets banned and fined.
I suggest that if they aren't up for this then they should be banned from the next World Cup as a suitable punishment, to me its bringing the game into disrepute, Meyer has made the following comment - 'It doesn't mean anything to me it's like kissing your sister'. Whilst Hourcade has said 'For us it means a lot'
So with that in mind COME ON ARGENTINA you deserve it the Boks don't.

You are reading this all wrong. He said it in relation to coming 3rd. It has nothing to do with the bronze medal. There's a difference.

Souls be a good game. 1 all so far this year. RSA should be too strong but Argentina have been playing great rugby this World Cup.
Both teams will want to win. Argentina to cement that they're a top team, RSA to give the retiring players a good send off.
I think the South African towards will be too strong and they will go on to win.

Our boys likely want it more than the boks, but the squad is too depleted I'm afraid. I don't think we can win unless the SA players show blatant apathy.

I can't tell who is less interested: Me or the players. They look like they'd rather be at home.
I think there'll be a lot of tries this game because no ones going to want to put their body on the line in a dead rubber.

Latest posts