• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] New Zealand v Argentina in Napier (06/09/2014)

EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING went the ABs way in this match! not only they are the best, they are also the most lucky.

Oh, and loads of bull**** calls against the Pumas BTW...

EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING went the ABs way in this match! not only they are the best, they are also the most lucky. Oh, and loads of bull**** calls against the Pumas BTW...

Sorry but do not agree with you!

They have played very well but made some mistakes at crucial junctures and the AB's are a different proposition to the SA's that you have played in the last two games. I think you should applaud your boys on putting up a strong performance but Bowden did miss some 10 points and Dragg gave away a certain further try with a wild throw!

Hey Savea, this is not the NFL! That's not a rugby tackle

Sorry but do not agree with you!

They have played very well but made some mistakes at crucial junctures and the AB's are a different proposition to the SA's that you have played in the last two games. I think you should applaud your boys on putting up a strong performance but Bowden did miss some 10 points and Dragg gave away a certain further try with a wild throw!

2nd and 4th tries for me were 75% luck, 25% ability.

Can you explain a bit about "under RWC rules"?

Surely there is only one set of rules for the game or do you mean they are interpreted differently? Certainly French refs tend to let the scum and break down infringements go more than most in the interest of getting the game moving and particularly as there are always more than one infringement at every occurrence by both sides!!

For instance....the AB hooker was up and out of the scrum there before they scored!

Every time a WC cup comes around the rules dont change as such but they are certainly interpreted differently. Obviously the Refs must all get together before the tournament and go over stuff and how they are going to go about things so they are on the same page.

Look at the last three weeks!!! totally differen in each game!! You go from total crap to marginal then back to crap again.

That was a naked lady :D

The charge down and early tackle on savea's cancels each other out...

I think the ref waited for a cange in the game to rectify his miss on savea... :p

Last edited:
Atrocious demonstration of officiating.
Really ruined what could have been a very close contest.

That no try for Argentina was a terrible call by the ref. Can't believe the sideline refs didn't correct him.

Thought Argentina played really well. At this rate they'll beat us sooner rather than later.

There needs to be an overruling system where each captain gets one chance a game to overrule the ref via the video ref.

The amount of major ref mistakes happening in these games is just getting beyond a joke now.

Come on, there's no way to justify that call.

On missed try and missed penalties (Bowden got one out of five kicks) etc Add say 15 points to Ab's
One unawarded try....add 7 points to the Pumas score.

Result...bigger defeat!

Pumas played really well but the score reflected the difference in class and performance between the teams!

Yeah fair enough that should of been a try. Thought you were trying to say they were robbed of the match.

Nah, we would have lost either way, but that made me mad. That's was perfect kick blocking if I have ever seen it before.

On missed try and missed penalties (Bowden got one out of five kicks) etc Add say 15 points to Ab's
One unawarded try....add 7 points to the Pumas score.

Result...bigger defeat!

Pumas played really well but the score reflected the difference in class and performance between the teams!

Not all his kicks were easy. With that criteria, well... we missed kicks too, so?

Yes, that's a good idea. Like in tennis.

Do not agree but think that the TMO could have a bigger ability to be involved where there is a blatant loss to one team in circumstances such as the try scored by the Pumas that was not given by the on field officiating team....there was plenty of time between the award of the scrum and the ball being back in play for him to have reviewed it and called the ref to look at a replay.

Latest posts