• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] New Zealand v Argentina in Napier (06/09/2014)

Barrett is playing well, but he needs to start kicking his goals. If he was kicking well we would be looking pretty comfortable...

Sanchez is a good player but he is a turnstile on defence. If Barrett could make some kicks then we would be sitting comfortable at half time. Argentina have been impressive - normally if we were only beating them by 7 at halftime I would be critical of our performance but I think both teams have been really good given the conditions. I hope we can get the 4 tries in the second half.

Argentina just looking very ordinary in attack... too deep and players standing still .

Good game so far, even though the conditions are horrible.

Think Aaron Smith and Barrett are still working on their communication. Smith has had to do a couple of last min switches when clearing the ball from the ruck.

Where is barrett getting hi pace from??? He was always quick but he is electric now... Wow he must be the quickest 1st five 8 for some time... Hell maybe even since Carlos spencer...

Where is barrett getting hi pace from??? He was always quick but he is electric now... Wow he must be the quickest 1st five 8 for some time... Hell maybe even since Carlos spencer...

I agree. He would give many wingers gas. Must be fastest in the team after Savea.

Barrett giving master class.....with him and Cruden.....where does that leave Carter for RWC 2015?

That was a good backline made to look simple!!!!

Last edited:
Good call by the AB's to run cane and mccaw at the same time could be useful to get some time together for future games against Australia.

ironic, NZ have a surplus of good no.10's. South Africa always struggle to find a good number 10.

Even though Hernandez is brilliant o think Argentina need to get a new 12

Argentina robbed of a try. What was the ref thinking?

Again terrible refereeing!! Thats not the only one either.

How is it that we have to put up with this BS!!?

Latest posts