• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Blues v Crusaders (Round 3)

That was actually quite impressive how often do you see a hooker run half the field in the wing position to score?

Well worked try their by the Crusaders. Flynn still has a bit of pace :)

Noakes is normally pretty solid (apart from on defense) - he's never going to be any better than a solid option though (a bit like our latest addition Willie Ripia). I feel Hickey is at least as good as Noakes already, and is only getting better.

EDIT: Strange penalty against Braid there... looked like McCaw just ran into him!

Last edited:
Try Slade. Probably wouldn't have been a try if the ref had gone upstairs though, as Crotty clearly took out Willison.....

Much better there by the Blues. Great finishing by Halai

Last edited:
Tevita Li !!!!!

McCaw won't want to watch these last 2 minutes - 2 missed tackles, 2 tries!

Tom Donnelly looks alive this match too...

Last edited:
TBF on McCaw, precious few forwards would've been able to get more than a hand on either Halai or Li in similar positions and you need solid hits on those wings; pure power.

HT 17-15 Crusaders. The first 30 mins were very scrappy, but the last 10 certainly has had some action! The Crusaders forwards look on top, especially at lineout time. Read has made an impact for the Crusaders, but the other Crusaders loose-forwards have been quiet. Andy Ellis has been everywhere, but has been rather sloppy, and his passing has been poor. Taylor has been better than Bleyendaal, but hasn't been spectacular. Crotty has has some good touches, and Tuitavake has looked dangerous but the rest of the backline has been very quiet.

The Blues have been disappointing, but that 2 minutes burst before half-time has kept them in the match. Tuipolotu has been excellent at lock, and Tom Donnelly has been pretty good too. Weepu has been average, but I think Hickey has looked pretty comfortable. Li has only touches the ball a couple of times, but his try was exceptional. He is one of the most exciting young players I have seen a long time - it is scary to think he is still only 18! Halai took his try very well, while Piutau looks dangerous too - all the Blues need to too is get the ball out wide, as they clearly have a big advantage here!

Dunno what game your watching son, they have looked pretty good from kickoff except the blemin lineouts!!!!
Your dreaming.

Other than two minutes of brilliance iv been watching a match that the crusaders have dominated pretty similar to last week. Will be intresting to see if the scoreline is in their favour this time.

I fully expect the Saders to close this match out quite comfortably but they have let the blues get their tales up a bit thats for sure.

Hickey been very solid, tevita li has been great! Not just his excellent try but in general play. Hurricanes need to take a leaf out of JKs books and give the youngsters a shot ie. Ardie savea.

This has been very very average from the crusaders its like both teams have swapped shirts for the last 10 minutes.

McCaw off, Todd on. Interesting decision, but I think it is a good move by the Crusaders

Try Moala. Bad mix up at the back there by the Crusaders...

Tom Taylor not having a good 2nd half so far...

McCaw off, Todd on. Interesting decision, but I think it is a good move by the Crusaders

Try Moala. Bad mix up at the back there by the Crusaders...

Tom Taylor not having a good 2nd half so far...

Blackadder is a hopeless coach..... He makes very odd decisions imo. Why pull Mccaw when your under the pump? He'd be one of the last players you'd take off? Very knee jerk type reactions going on from him in this game.

Try Willison. Good kick by Weepu. Blues completely on top now.

Blackadder is a hopeless coach..... He makes very odd decisions imo. Why pull Mccaw when your under the pump? He'd be one of the last players you'd take off? Very knee jerk type reactions going on from him in this game.

McCaw has looked out of sort during the 1st half (not just the missed tackles) - I can only assume he is carrying an injury. Todd should have been starting anyway (ahead of George Whitelock).

Last edited:
Saders must feel like the blues 20 minutes ago. Everything going the way of the homeside. Try BP and 12pt lead now.

I thought the only way the Blues could win was through Benji Marshall? ;)

Latest posts