• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] South Africa vs. Australia in Cape Town (28/09/2013)

There is a case for that. In order to make the contact to the Aus player with the forearm, he had to actively place his left arm in a position where a standard wrap tackle is impossible, ie: effectively inside width of the Australian rather than outside.

Lynagh had no doubt and the SA guy neither...........................

It gets more damning the more I see it. It was one of those that looked nasty live

Last edited:
Jean De Villiers is playing better and better with age. Captaincy does him quite well.

Edit: Policing straight feeds in the scrum was good while it lasted.

Last edited:
Not sure whether SA got complacent or if the Aussies fight back was real but the AB's should not be frightened of this.......................I agree with you Frenchy on JDV, an inspiration to all older players......what age is he compared to say O'Driscoll?

Edit.....2 years younger than BOD!

Bit of both, Australia have played better this half now that Genia has come on and SA have dropped back into a 4th gear criuse

Boks can't string one full play on attack. There absolutely has to be a mistake each time...

New try and bonus point is just around the corner for Boks.

And also there was a Boca Juniors flag on there! lol

I missed most of the game by having a commitment. Boks made just 3 tries?

Sin binned for dropping the elbow on his own player.

On a side note, Southern Hempishere players, I know the rules have changed recently but the elbow still isn't allowed to use in a tackle/ruck/maul so why persist with it?

This win will ring a bit hollow. Just a bit. There is still a lot to improve on. A whole lot. A bonus point try will make it a bit sweeter. C'mon, boys!

Oh, well. A win is a win and in other circumstances this would have been a good win.

20 point defeat, but not nearly a disaster for the Wallabies.

Fourie Du Preez was oustanding today. Le Roux also did well.

Boks were really close to get the bonus point, but to be honest I don't think they deserve it after all.