• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Rugby Championship] Round 6: South Africa v New Zealand (07/10/2017)

So let me get this straight. Kapo O Pango, according to these 2 numbskulls are used only when the AB's respect their opposition.

So by that reasoning, Ka Mate, is inferior to Kapo O Pango?

What a load of crap. Didn't expect anything less by inferior beings only trying to WUM on our forum.

That might be true IF Kapa O Pango was about specially respecting the opposition (over and above Ka Mate), but it isn't and it never has been, and which I have explained to you in some considerable detail.

If you knew anything at all about Haka (which you clearly do not), then you would know that this is not what the All Blacks had in mind when they decided to have Derek Lardelli write a special Haka that would be unique to them. You call yourself a All Black supporter, and yet you show complete disregard and disrespect for the All Blacks by making up your own spurious bullshit in place of the actual truth.

It's always been about respecting the most capable teams. You'd know this, if you ever watched the first time it was used. :) *mic drop*

So let me get this straight. Kapo O Pango, according to these 2 numbskulls are used only when the AB's respect their opposition.

So by that reasoning, Ka Mate, is inferior to Kapo O Pango?

What a load of crap. Didn't expect anything less by inferior beings only trying to WUM on our forum.

It's not about respecting the opposition, more specifically it's about acknowledging the best of the opposition. Which is why Kapa was not used.

It's not about respecting the opposition, more specifically it's about acknowledging the best of the opposition. Which is why Kapa was not used.

I thought, the Haka was to proclaim prowess and invite the opponents for battle. Not once have I ever heard the Haka is actually used to acknowledge the best of the opposition.

Man, someone needs to call all the historians, Maori Chiefs and the NZRU. They've been doing it wrong...

At not point did I ever say the Haka is used to acknowledge the best of the opposition.

Actually you did:

There's two things rugby related that gets my heart racing. First one is the Welsh national anthem sung IN WALES, the second one is ANY form of the Haka. I just wish the crowds would SHUT UP and they should run subtitles so we know what is said. It's just amazing.

You two really make me want to cringe. Has it ever occurred to either of you two geniuses that these are the sorts of comments are exactly the type of bullsh1t which makes people, particularly foreign people, critical of Haka?.

Whether or not they use Kapa O Pango has absolutely ZERO to do with any respect for any opposition. Kapa O Pango is often (but not exclusively so), brought out for special or significant matches such as

2011 RWC Pool match against France (after what happened in to2007)
2011 RWC Final
2012 for the first match welcoming Argentina after their addition to the Rugby Championship
2013 v South Africa at Jo'burg - the RC decider
2015 both RWC playoff matches plus the Final
2016 v Australia at Eden park, the match to create a new longest winning streak record.
2016 v Ireland in Chicago
2017 First and last Lions matches
2017 v South Africa at Albany, to that point, SA had been undefeated in 2017

Your crass and arrogant, self-serving posts contribute nothing except stoking the fire. FFS think before you post.

I think its arrogance from the South African commentators thinking that the haka is reserved for them... its not the 1st time I've heard this comment when NZ face SA locally esp from Bob and Matthew Pearce

I just thought maybe its true coming from these respectable public figures ? I cant be the only one thought

But yes I was wrong in believing them, should have done my own research regarding Kapa O Pango

edit: Watch from the 12:20 mark... for some reason the link was edited as I added a 'start from' mark on the link

Last edited:
It's always been about respecting the most capable teams. You'd know this, if you ever watched the first time it was used. :) *mic drop*

I saw the first time it was used., so that is how I know for a fact that you are wrong. If you still don't believe me, perhaps you'd; like to listen to the actual words of the man who wrote it... Derek Lardelli.

Not only will you hear NOTHING about "respect of the opposition", you won't even hear the opposition mentioned at all.

1hm9tz.jpg

To be fair on Spuds while he's obviously over simplifying things, I also thought the Kapo O Pango was for opposition they respected more, not just us obviously but any game where they thought it would be tough.

I'm happy to be corrected, but even so - not every usage of the Kapo O Pango is about the stregnth of the opposition but it's probably somewhat correlated.

I think its arrogance from the South African commentators thinking that the haka is reserved for them... its not the 1st time I've heard this comment when NZ face SA locally esp from Bob and Matthew Pearce

I just thought maybe its true coming from these respectable public figures ? I cant be the only one thought

But yes I was wrong in believing them, should have done my own research regarding Kapa O Pango

edit: Watch from the 12:20 mark... for some reason the link was edited as I added a 'start from' mark on the link

Why arrogance? Why can't you give a foreigner like Bob the benefit of doubt that he is ignorant instead? Maybe he got his info from an uninformed and misguided All Blacks supporter, which of there is no shortage in the Cape.

Latest posts