• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] South Africa vs. Australia in Cape Town (28/09/2013)

Only Hooper and Folau make me sit up and take note at this stage. Really we have no business not winning here.

James Horwill too and effectiveness of Leali'ifano. Boks must attack the Kuridrani's position, he hasn't good defense.

Horwill, White and Lealiifano I see in the same way I see AAC; solid, dependable but won't be winning games without back-up. Folau, Hooper and Genia can make that difference when they feature but you really need more than 2 such players in a team at this level away from home IMO.

I can't believe! JOC is out of the team.

Taken from the Sanzar website:

O'Connor, Ben Smith and Folau have beaten more players this campaign with 10, with Jean de Villiers (9), Julian Savea, Leguizamon and Aaron Cruden (all 7) rounding out the crucial list that often indicates those who can move off their feet with the finest efficiency.

The one Wallaby without a Super Rugby franchise, O'Connor, again features as the best off loader so far alongside Folau with six, with Juan Figallo and Read one behind with five.

I can't believe! JOC is out of the team.

Taken from the Sanzar website:

O'Connor, Ben Smith and Folau have beaten more players this campaign with 10, with Jean de Villiers (9), Julian Savea, Leguizamon and Aaron Cruden (all 7) rounding out the crucial list that often indicates those who can move off their feet with the finest efficiency.

The one Wallaby without a Super Rugby franchise, O'Connor, again features as the best off loader so far alongside Folau with six, with Juan Figallo and Read one behind with five.

How can you not believe this????

Are you not up to date with current news???

How can you not believe this????

Are you not up to date with current news???

It's an expression, I know what happened, he had a drinking problem again. Ewen him away out of the team and Horwill said he supports the decision if it's for the good of the team.

What I want to say is that despite all the problems that JOC may have, is one of the best players to have Wallabies, Sanzar Statistics prove it. And in this time of crisis in the team, with serious risk of losing to Argentina on Rosario and with risks to win the "wooden spoon", I would put JOC on the team, I think O'Connor drunk is better than Kuridrani or Tomane.

Cheers

It's an expression, I know what happened, he had a drinking problem again. Ewen him away out of the team and Horwill said he supports the decision if it's for the good of the team.

What I want to say is that despite all the problems that JOC may have, is one of the best players to have Wallabies, Sanzar Statistics prove it. And in this time of crisis in the team, with serious risk of losing to Argentina on Rosario and with risks to win the "wooden spoon", I would put JOC on the team, I think O'Connor drunk is better than Kuridrani or Tomane.

Cheers

I was just pulling your leg...

anyways, I have to disagree with you. as the saying goes: "one rotten apple spoils the whole fruitbasket"...

In a team sport, you rely on your team mates, if one guy has a discipline problem, then it has very big negative consequences to the entire team.

JOC, Kurtley Beale, and Digby Ioane... All very good players, but seriously needs to get a "Wake the f-up" slap as they are just wasting their talents by drinking and handling themselves like hooligans

If I was *** me McKenzie I would have played Hooper and Gill, both excellent open side flanks - they need to put the Boks off and with the current set-up that ain't gona happen

If I was *** me McKenzie I would have played Hooper and Gill, both excellent open side flanks - they need to put the Boks off and with the current set-up that ain't gona happen

the problem with that is, that the Aussies then lose a bit of strength and physicality. Even though they are both great fetchers, this Bok team will just keep on smashing. If it was Pocock and one of them, it would've worked better...

Would love to see Gill get more time as he is a great player. Aus just need to get close to parity in the forwards to have a fighting chance of getting a LBP.

But I think the Boks are just getting to strong to stop now.

Totally happy with JOC getting dropped. These guys are given so many chances to smarten up and still don't do anything about it.

the problem with that is, that the Aussies then lose a bit of strength and physicality. Even though they are both great fetchers, this Bok team will just keep on smashing. If it was Pocock and one of them, it would've worked better...

Worth the gamble as the French ref don't value the offside line at the breakdowns but it will never happen anycase

Wallabies team:

15 Israel Folau
14 Adam Ashley-Cooper
13 Tevita Kuridrani
12 Christian Leali'ifano
11 Joe Tomane
10 Quade Cooper
9 Nic White
8 Ben Mowen
7 Michael Hooper
6 Scott Fardy
5 James Horwill
4 Rob Simmons
3 Ben Alexander
2 Stephen Moore
1 James Slipper

16 Saia Fainga'a
17 Benn Robinson
18 Sekope Kepu
19 Sitaleki Timani
20 Ben McCalman
21 Will Genia
22 Matt Toomua
23 Chris Feauai-Sautia

not a very promising team at all. they have taken there general of the back line (Adam Ashlee- Cooper) and chucked him on the wing, while putting in a player of potential (kiridrani) whos no ways ready to start a test of this standard. The wallabies must learn from how the all blacks manage their players, they ease them into international level. for example, piutau is far more ready to start a test then kiridrani, but the ab's resist the temptation and ease him into the team slowly. same can be said about chris f- sautia, exciting player but is this really the test to debut in??

Honestly I don't see South Africa losing this one.

I don't want to sound arrogant but I think that even the Pumas have a better chance to win against AB's than Wallabies against Boks.

That being said, Boks by +20

We-we-we so excited
We so excited!

Sorry.

:D

man, how much of a shocker would it be if the Wallabies won this ?!
Noooobody's giving Australia the slightest chance..

SA to play good defense, target the Wallaby tight 3/tight 5, over-power their way to the line...and maybe the backs can give a little show to top it all off...

South Africa: 15 Zane Kirchner, 14 Willie le Roux, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Jean de Villiers (captain), 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Fourie du Preez, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Flip van der Merwe, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Replacements: 16 Bismarck du Plessis, 17 Gurthrö Steenkamp, 18 Coenie Oosthuizen, 19 Juandré Kruger, 20 Siya Kolisi, 21 Ruan Pienaar 22 Pat Lambie, 23 Jan Serfontein.

Australia: 15 Israel Folau, 14 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 13 Tevita Kuridrani, 12 Christian Lealiifano, 11 Joe Tomane, 10 Quade Cooper, 9 Nic White, 8 Ben Mowen, 7 Michael Hooper, 6 Scott Fardy, 5 James Horwill (c), 4 Rob Simmons, 3 Ben Alexander, 2 Stephen Moore, 1 James Slipper.
Replacements: 16 Saia Fainga'a, 17 Benn Robinson, 18 Sekope Kepu, 19 Sitaleki Timani, 20 Ben McCalman, 21 Will Genia, 22 Matt Toomua, 23 Chris Feauai-Sautia.

I will be upset and rape your face. Your countryman better not ref like his ass.

superman2.jpg

SA to play good defense, target the Wallaby tight 3/tight 5, over-power their way to the line...and maybe the backs can give a little show to top it all off...

South Africa: 15 Zane Kirchner, 14 Willie le Roux, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Jean de Villiers (captain), 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Fourie du Preez, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Flip van der Merwe, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Replacements: 16 Bismarck du Plessis, 17 Gurthrö Steenkamp, 18 Coenie Oosthuizen, 19 Juandré Kruger, 20 Siya Kolisi, 21 Ruan Pienaar 22 Pat Lambie, 23 Jan Serfontein.

Australia: 15 Israel Folau, 14 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 13 Tevita Kuridrani, 12 Christian Lealiifano, 11 Joe Tomane, 10 Quade Cooper, 9 Nic White, 8 Ben Mowen, 7 Michael Hooper, 6 Scott Fardy, 5 James Horwill (c), 4 Rob Simmons, 3 Ben Alexander, 2 Stephen Moore, 1 James Slipper.
Replacements: 16 Saia Fainga'a, 17 Benn Robinson, 18 Sekope Kepu, 19 Sitaleki Timani, 20 Ben McCalman, 21 Will Genia, 22 Matt Toomua, 23 Chris Feauai-Sautia.

Of course the Wallabies do stand a chance. That said it would count as an upset and they really have no business here and only an obscene amount of luck would see them win IMO but stranger things have happened. BUT (and) IF they manage t get the nod at the scrums despite SA being stronger there, get the rub of the calls or are allowed to get away with spoiling tactics like we've seen from all sides to varying degrees, and catch an early break or two with a possible lacklustre and complacent SA... well, I dont expect us to be complacent. The boys have had two whole weeks of itching and stewing over the BS in Eden Park and I expect us to be the team coming out all guns blazing and I don't see us letting up. It's an hour off and I might end up with egg on my face saying this but I expect a slaughter at least on the field if not reflected on the scoreboard. I mean no disrespect and the Aussies are carrying a lot of injuries and while I expect them to bounce back sooner rather than later just have a look at that team and compare it to ours.. there are only two players where I'd swap if we could and add the fact that we are at home, angry and have had some time together while the Wallabies have a new coach and new combinations every other week. There really shouldn't be any doubts here.. it's a tricky game but there really shouldn't be any doubts. Well, I'm just rambling here.

Last edited:
^ yeh so basically if they cheat they can win. Alright, got it.
But yeh, even with the big odds nobody should bet on Australia today. I don't see an 80min plan that could see them survive...

Latest posts