• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] South Africa vs. Australia in Cape Town (28/09/2013)

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
TRC.png

Newlands, Cape Town (28/09/2013, 16:00 GMT)
South Africa.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Australia.png

Referee: Jérôme Garcès
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png

Assistants: Pascal Gauzere
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
& Nigel Owens
23px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png

Television match official: Graham Hughes
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png

South Africa
TBD

Australia
TBD

wouldn't the Wallabies gain just about all the respect back if they won this !
not counting on it personally...

Boks by 10.

With this team, Wallabies could win the next RWC:

1 Benn Robinson
2 Stephen Moore
3 Ben Alexander
4 Sitaleki Timani
5 James Horwill
6 Michael Hooper
7 David Pocock
8 Scott Higginbotham
9 Will Genia
10 Quade Cooper
11 Digby Ioane
12 Christian Leali'ifano
13 Adam Ashley Cooper
14 Henry Speight
15 Israel Folau

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. Scott Sio
18. Sekope Kepu
19. Kane Douglas
20. Ben Mowen
21. Nic White
22. James O'Connor
23. Kurtley Beale

There players just have to plan well the team and try to bring in players who are overseas or change the rule so that they can play for the team.

Cheers

I got no valid reason to be mad against Wallabies, but I hope they get thrashed and lose horribly.

Not only thinking on wooden spoon in here, also I'd like Boks to get bonus point and have more chances to win the tournament against AB's.

I got no valid reason to be mad against Wallabies, but I hope they get thrashed and lose horribly.

Not only thinking on wooden spoon in here, also I'd like Boks to get bonus point and have more chances to win the tournament against AB's.

Haha I cant say it better. Plus the AB vs SA would be a thriller.

What do you think about Joe Tomane? With JOC off the team, Ioane in France and Speight couldn't be selected until the next international series, I think he will start the game.

What do you think about Joe Tomane? With JOC off the team, Ioane in France and Speight couldn't be selected until the next international series, I think he will start the game.

Yeah hes not a bad player by any means, not great though. Him and cummins on the wings are pretty unintimidating wingers. Both solid but not exceptional

Yeah hes not a bad player by any means, not great though. Him and cummins on the wings are pretty unintimidating wingers. Both solid but not exceptional

He's good, but for something he's replacing of Henry Speight in Brumbies, lacks. But he's better than Nick Cummins.

For me, Aussies wingers:

1- Digby Ioane
2- Israel Folau
3- Henry Speight
4- James O'Connor
5- Joe Tomane
6- Nick Cummins/Peter Bentham

Cheers

Doesn't matter how good OZ's wingers are (and Tomane is average at best) they are still gonna get drilled by good teams so long as their forward pack can't compete, so long as their tactics remain a mystery, and so long as they cant find a way of getting their outsides some space...

I would have liked to have seen them go for Jake White instead of McKenzie as well.

OZ will win the odd game but a 3-16-1 record against the ABs over the last 5 years doesn't inspire me into thinking they are on the up and up...

Expecting them to get beaten by a decent margin this weekend!

I would have said Bokke to win possibly even win well but I see we have a French ref and assistant ref as well. It almost seems like the French refs are trying their damn hardest to get revenge on us for Joubert in the RWC against France. I am sorry for Joubert, France, he slipped up, please give us a break!?!

I would have said Bokke to win possibly even win well but I see we have a French ref and assistant ref as well. It almost seems like the French refs are trying their damn hardest to get revenge on us for Joubert in the RWC against France. I am sorry for Joubert, France, he slipped up, please give us a break!?!

Regardless of the referee, I still think we will smash them. Boks by 15+.

The guys got some extra motivation this week with the unveiling of the Springbok Rugby Museum, and a lot of former greats were there for the grand opening. Bok team to be announced as usual today at midday.

I hope Fourie gets a start at 9...

Regardless of the referee, I still think we will smash them. Boks by 15+.

The guys got some extra motivation this week with the unveiling of the Springbok Rugby Museum, and a lot of former greats were there for the grand opening. Bok team to be announced as usual today at midday.

I hope Fourie gets a start at 9...

I am quietly confident, yeah.

What I'd like to see:

1 Steenkamp
2 BdP - give him a chance to get the 'demons out' so to speak ahead of next week
3 JdP - but replace him with oosthuizen early on
4 Etzebeth
5 Kruger
6 Louw
7 Alberts - to get the early hits and hit-ups in and with Kolisi to come on when it opens up
8 Vermeulen
9 FdP - because Pienaar has been dire
10 Steyn
11 Habana
12 JdV
13 Engelbrecht
14 Le Roux
15 Lambie - because I'd like two play-makers at the back

16 Oosthuizen
17 Mtawarira needs a break IMO
18 Strauss
19 vd Merwe
20 Vermaak
21 Kirchner
22 Serfontein

Pienaar and Kirchner to pay the price for sub-par performances; they are the two weak links in this squad IMO. We have better options in the squad (PvZ, Vermaak, FdP), in the fringes (Pretorius and Ludik) and injured (Hougaard and Taute) so no reason for them to start.

Last edited:
I am quietly confident, yeah.

What I'd like to see:

1 Steenkamp
2 BdP - give him a chance to get the 'demons out' so to speak ahead of next week
3 JdP - but replace him with oosthuizen early on
4 Etzebeth
5 Kruger
6 Louw
7 Alberts - to get the early hits and hit-ups in and with Kolisi to come on when it opens up
8 Vermeulen
9 FdP - because Pienaar has been dire
10 Steyn
11 Habana
12 JdV
13 Engelbrecht
14 Le Roux
15 Lambie - because I'd like two play-makers at the back

16 Oosthuizen
17 Mtawarira needs a break IMO
18 Strauss
19 vd Merwe
20 Vermaak
21 Kirchner
22 Serfontein

Pienaar and Kirchner to pay the price for sub-par performances; they are the two weak links in this squad IMO. We have better options in the squad (PvZ, Vermaak, FdP), in the fringes (Pretorius and Ludik) and injured (Hougaard and Taute) so no reason for them to start.

I'm going to disagree with you on Kirchner. Once again he didn't do anything wrong, and to compare his performance to that of Pienaar, is just not fair to him. He even varied his play against the All Blacks, and hardly used the kick and chase.

JJ and Flip are the only 2 injury concerns, hence the inclusion of PSdT and JDJ.

I'll reserve my opinion on the squad until it has been announced in a few hours...

Kirchner was terrible under the high ball. That was just about the one thing he had to do apart from defend.

Bok Team announced:

15. Zane Kirchner
14. Willie Le Roux
13. JJ Engelbrecht
12. Jean De Villiers (c)
11. Bryan Habana
10. Morne Steyn
9. Fourie Du Preez
8. Duane Vermeulen
7. Willem Alberts
6. Francois Louw
5. Flip van Der Merwe
4. Eben Etzebeth
3. Jannie Du Plessis
2. Adriaan Strauss
1. Beast Mtwawarira

16. Bismarck Du Plessis
17. Gurthro Steenkamp
18. Coenie Oosthuizen
19. Juandre Kruger
20. Siya Kolisi
21. Jano Vermaak
22. Pat Lambie
23. Jan Serfontein

Morne Steyn and Jannie Du Plessis will play their 50th cap for the Boks on Saturday

Bok Team announced:

15. Zane Kirchner
14. Willie Le Roux
13. JJ Engelbrecht
12. Jean De Villiers (c)
11. Bryan Habana
10. Morne Steyn
9. Fourie Du Preez
8. Duane Vermeulen
7. Willem Alberts
6. Francois Louw
5. Flip van Der Merwe
4. Eben Etzebeth
3. Jannie Du Plessis
2. Adriaan Strauss
1. Beast Mtwawarira

16. Bismarck Du Plessis
17. Gurthro Steenkamp
18. Coenie Oosthuizen
19. Juandre Kruger
20. Siya Kolisi
21. Jano Vermaak
22. Pat Lambie
23. Jan Serfontein

Morne Steyn and Jannie Du Plessis will play their 50th cap for the Boks on Saturday

Minimum disruptions. Great to see FdP start and what a great bench of players!

Minimum disruptions. Great to see FdP start and what a great bench of players!

Yup. HM won't alter the team too much. I knew that he was going to bench Bismarck for this one. Purely because he wants Bismarck to redeem himself against the AIG's next week.

I'm glad to see Pienaar has been cut out of the 23-team entirely. It shows intent that we are going to run with the ball... Especially if Jano comes on.

Yup. HM won't alter the team too much. I knew that he was going to bench Bismarck for this one. Purely because he wants Bismarck to redeem himself against the AIG's next week.

I'm glad to see Pienaar has been cut out of the 23-team entirely. It shows intent that we are going to run with the ball... Especially if Jano comes on.

I am also very glad Pienaar is out entirely. I have to say though that I'm not sure about Bissie on the bench. Sure, Strauss is a good replacement to have but Bismarck is the only player we have that is sure to make a world XV and I would argue that it'd be better to have him get a full game under the belt to get his head right and 'clear the cobwebs' ahead of what will probably be a more important game next week (assuming we win this one which we should but it's by no means already won).

With this team, Wallabies could win the next RWC:

1 Benn Robinson
2 Stephen Moore
3 Ben Alexander
4 Sitaleki Timani
5 James Horwill
6 Michael Hooper
7 David Pocock
8 Scott Higginbotham
9 Will Genia
10 Quade Cooper
11 Digby Ioane
12 Christian Leali'ifano
13 Adam Ashley Cooper
14 Henry Speight
15 Israel Folau

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. Scott Sio
18. Sekope Kepu
19. Kane Douglas
20. Ben Mowen
21. Nic White
22. James O'Connor
23. Kurtley Beale

There players just have to plan well the team and try to bring in players who are overseas or change the rule so that they can play for the team.

Cheers

Think you are misguided, really
Have you noticed that with those little jumps that Cooper makes before he passes he wastes more time that Ruan Pienaar on a lazy Sunday afternoon?
Ashley Cooper is a loyal servant to Aus rugby, stable player but that is about it.

Now make a team for SA and NZ including all the injuries and foreign players and compare to the above Aus team

Jake White quited as coach of the Brumbies
They should have made him the Aus national coach if they wanted the team to achieve something
but they wanted the Australian way and settle with "**** me", now really