• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] New Zealand vs Argentina in Hamilton (07/09/2013)

Amazing Argentina's Scrum tonight but awful line out too. Saili was a disaster

Argentina's forwards ball carrying was poor today, they didn't look like they were trying to beat defenders - just draw them in.
This was exacerbated by the AB's line-speed.

And?... The first try was his fault, if that happened in Wellington against Wallabies could have been a lost game

Oh I am on your side on this one and as usual Fitzie only had one eye open!!

Well here goes my point of view:

We improved a lot in scrum but we keep failing in lines. This just can't keep happening in the future, I hope next match with Australia things change for good.

We keep commiting silly mistakes that we can't afford against this kind of rivals, giving them easy points. Luckily for us Carter wasn't good at kicking penalties today.

That momment when the game was 18-13 and Kieran Read blocked Landajo's kick and then ended up in Savea's try.... We can let that happen again :/

Still a lot of things to improve, but I think if I look back to last year RC we improved a little, specially in mantein the same level during the whole the game.. Before we only played fiercely for 60 mins.

Good game for Nico Sanchez. He has improving a lot in defense and kicking. Pablo Matera had a good match again, he has a great future in this team.

^ missed the game, but I'll keep all that in mind as I watch it when it comes out on youtube...
Apparently history repeated itself: Argentina drew first blood AGAIN on the road in NZ...But this time they've managed to add more to the score board and apparently it was actually really tight for a while...
Glad to hear the scrum worked well for the Pumas, glad they managed at least one try...

McCaw out for five to six weeks.

Look out. Here come the Springboks.

Can't wait for next week!

^Same here.

Next two rounds are going to be the most interesting in the tournament in my opinion, not only talking for Boks against AB's, also I want to see if we finally get our first win.

Well here goes my point of view:

We improved a lot in scrum but we keep failing in lines. This just can't keep happening in the future, I hope next match with Australia things change for good.

We keep commiting silly mistakes that we can't afford against this kind of rivals, giving them easy points. Luckily for us Carter wasn't good at kicking penalties today.

That momment when the game was 18-13 and Kieran Read blocked Landajo's kick and then ended up in Savea's try.... We can let that happen again :/

Still a lot of things to improve, but I think if I look back to last year RC we improved a little, specially in mantein the same level during the whole the game.. Before we only played fiercely for 60 mins.

Good game for Nico Sanchez. He has improving a lot in defense and kicking. Pablo Matera had a good match again, he has a great future in this team.

What made that charge down try worse is that he was charged down only 30 seconds before hand. Think what today and the Mendoza game showed more than anything is that Soweto was a one off result

Second year in a row that a downpour has prevented the All Blacks from thrashing the Pumas in this fixture.

A disaster? That's a ridiculously over the top hyperbole. Apart from the initial knock on he had a fine game, no worse than anything Nonu's produced this season.

I knowwwww....totally, totally sucks at the very eve of THE big clash of the competition.....McCaw VS the Boks is such a classic !.....not this year... : (

Enjoyed the game, but I'm finding the old Ranfurly Shield matches in the ITM a bit more exciting, and far less predictable.

das

woah woah easy there conrad! yes he did cough up that led to there first try but besides that what else was did he do wrong... he broke the gain line every time, was solid in contact, through a great pass that led to saveas try and put in a nice tactical grubber that nearly led to a try. was by no means a fairy tale debut but was far from a disaster! and just a reminder, ben smith had a shocker of a debut in 2009 and now hes arguably our best back! i give saili a 6.5/10 tonight

woah woah easy there conrad! yes he did cough up that led to there first try but besides that what else was did he do wrong... he broke the gain line every time, was solid in contact, through a great pass that led to saveas try and put in a nice tactical grubber that nearly led to a try. was by no means a fairy tale debut but was far from a disaster! and just a reminder, ben smith had a shocker of a debut in 2009 and now hes arguably our best back! i give saili a 6.5/10 tonight

And the weather was atrocious. Saili wasn't the only player to fumble the greasy ball last night!

A disaster? That's a ridiculously over the top hyperbole. Apart from the initial knock on he had a fine game, no worse than anything Nonu's produced this season.

I prefer Rene Ranger, guys. And I'm angry because he's a Montpellier's player. He should be in the center of ABs at this time, was the best NZ center this year in Super Rugby.

After to Nonu and SBW (both at their best), the next player who deserves black jersey number 12 is Rene Ranger, Saili is not at the same level.

I prefer Rene Ranger, guys. And I'm angry because he's a Montpellier's player. He should be in the center of ABs at this time, was the best NZ center this year in Super Rugby.

After to Nonu and SBW (both at their best), the next player who deserves black jersey number 12 is Rene Ranger, Saili is not at the same level.

Ranger has made himself unavailable for international rugby, so there is not much point in putting his name forward is there.

Second year in a row that a downpour has prevented the All Blacks from thrashing the Pumas in this fixture.
I think that's a bit unfair. Their World Cup meeting was 33-10 (18-10 on 60mins), good conditions and Weepu didn't miss a kick that day. Credit where it's due, Argentina put in a spirited performance.

Last edited:
I think that's a bit unfair. Their World Cup meeting was 33-10 (18-10 on 60mins), good conditions and Weepu didn't miss a kick that day. Credit where it's due, Argentina put in a spirited performance.

It was pretty average to be honest. This would have been something like 40-6 in dry conditions. The Pumas could have played far better than that.

And a 23 point loss is much to boast about either and that would have been more to if it were not a more conservatively played RWC knockout match and the referee used the yellow card earlier for persistent penalties.

Latest posts