• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales V France

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJ#1 @ Feb 27 2010, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Feb 27 2010, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The All Whites @ Feb 27 2010, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you Wales for such an amazing game! Never screamed so much at the TV in my life! If only for a few errors it could have been a different victory! Feel bad for Byrne though, n Williams who was awesome as always! Next time Gatland, Think about Mike Phillips, maybe not 100% fit but he can still cause havoc! Hope he's fit to face Ireland. He's great to watch.[/b]

you seem an interesting fellow , not a word on frenchies...what england bashing you are talking about ????

Only few errors from welsh ??? we have not watched the same match so ....

you are ridiculous.

Gj#1 , i was in a pub so i did not hear what you are talking about (disrespect) so if you can explain ...it is sad that after kind of a good match to see 2 poor guys have only negative commentary...but yeah it is certainly sad if some few french assholes was full of beer and did not understand that they have to shut up at one point ...i saw 1 welsh and 1 english fighting each other on the street tonight out of the pub , they are assholes aswell ....
[/b][/quote]

Was a minuet silence for Bradley Davies mum. It was read in English / Welsh and then French so they cannot say they did not understand. It was going well for about 10 odd seconds then some French fans began chanting and people started going SSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ... which just encouraged the French fans there. Kaplan blew up early as well. It goes back to the point for me if people are disrespectful then they should be kicked out of a game.

BBC iPlayer Time: (5:35 and 5:47)

Also on a side note, to many fans are leaving their seats during the game for beer, toilet etc it has now become a joke. For the last 10 years along with my old man we are debentures and we sit in the same place for the last 10 years. We sit with the same group of good people and to be honest its like a mini family up there because we all say hi and hows things every game. Yet in the last two games less and less fans are sitting down and its mainly the away ones. My old man pays in excess of £50 for one ticket and I want to watch the game not get up and down every 5 minuets or so. So my second grumbling is SIT DOWN!
[/b][/quote]

Ok , It is a shame defenitly and i hate that sort of disrespect.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Feb 27 2010, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The All Whites @ Feb 27 2010, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, im an englishman on my mums side, a Bok on my dads, but i despise the English bashing i read on here. Why is it so? England are the most succesful N hemisphere side, so is it jealousy? or hatred? ........[/b]
Are they? Debatable.
[/b][/quote]
Not really. Success is measured on victories/accomplishments. We've won the 6N the most, and are the only NH team to win the world cup.

Also, i didn't notice anything on the TV during the minutes silence, but that's disgusting behaviour.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Feb 27 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey Shtove regarding results , it is defenitly true . england is the most succesfull side in Northern hemisphere .[/b]
France are more successful in the 6N - that's since 2000. I guess they have a much better success rate in the summer and autumn SH internationals. In the RWC, England have 2003 and 2007, but overall I rate France equal in that tournament because of their cruel slaughter of the ABs - only the trophy gets better than that!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Feb 27 2010, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Feb 27 2010, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no. in 6 nations England is above everybody for victories or grand slam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Nations_C...ionship#Overall[/b]
No. Look at the 6N statistics since 2000: France ahead on wins and championships.

I hate it when the French are humble - something fishy about that. :p
[/b][/quote]

Lol ! you are really asking for the crime :p . i'm not being humble , i know how to read a wikipedia page , for god sake ! :p

But i must agree for the general picture : a french being humble ...mmmh....there is something suspicious there !

PS : oooops ! just understood your little word game ...ok for the 6N ONLY , we are in front ! :bravo:

Back from the pub. Probably the wrong time to give my opinion.

I really dont think the french did alot tonight. Wales gifted them two tries and other than that they did nothing really. To many bad decisions from Wales first half and going for the jugular really cost us. Second half we played a bit more to our potential, but we had to much of a mountain to climb.

Thats a few games now that we've played awful tactics first half and its given the opposition a 10+ point lead for us to come back from. From my perspective I think Gatland is trying to put far to much structure into the Welsh game and its not paying off. I very rarely question the coaches, but I'm starting to question whether he understands the welsh game at all. For example, Im fed up of this stupid tactic of going blind until you have to go wide. I understand why, but teams (not to mention fans) have worked it out.

On a more positive note, the french support this evening has been the best away support Wales has seen since Munster came over for the HC. There was a real buzz about the city and I enjoyed the night KO!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Not really. Success is measured on victories/accomplishments. We've won the 6N the most, and are the only NH team to win the world cup.[/b]

True but France leads the way since WWII and leads the way in the pro era as well as in the 6N.

England has a total of 35 wins but nine of those were won when France was not involved in the tournament.

Actually if you compare only tournaments in which France played you come up with 26 englis win vs 24 french ones.

After WWII, it is all France, France won 24 vs England 16

Mr. One-Two, I really really hate that picture you have. I don't know who that is but I would love to send him some hate mail

Maybe I should stop expecting us to compete for the first 40, yet again we looked like 2 different sides in that game. How hard is it to play hard for 80 mins not just 40?

We did well in the 2nd 40 looked dangerous and if a couple of passes had been made/caught we could have stolen it. Yet again Shane makes a try from what lookes like a dead situation, try of tounament winner right there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Codorniou @ Feb 27 2010, 06:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Not really. Success is measured on victories/accomplishments. We've won the 6N the most, and are the only NH team to win the world cup.[/b]

True but France leads the way since WWII and leads the way in the pro era as well as in the 6N.

England has a total of 35 wins but nine of those were won when France was not involved in the tournament.

Actually if you compare only tournaments in which France played you come up with 26 englis win vs 24 french ones.

After WWII, it is all France, France won 24 vs England 16
[/b][/quote]

That's about as relevant as Liverpool fans harping they're still the best soccer team in the world because they won a few *whatever their Heineken cup is called* in the 1970's.

Fact is now; France are on the up and not looking beatable, England are winning but not convincingly, Ireland are defending champions and on the cusp of rugby recession, Wales are Warren Gatlands media plaything.

yet another game, in which we could have won. its so damn frustrating watch this welsh side. One minute their playing like a bunch of amateur sunday players and the next they actually start playing rugby. we are our own enemies. From what i can remember (bearing in mind i was watching this with already a few pints down me) France did not look like scoring last night. don't recall them penetrating the line many times, and wales gifted them 2 tries - which ultimately won them the game. We are playing like the french time of some 4/5 years ago - so unpredictable.... moment of brilliance followed by 10 mins of horror (or vice versa) haha.

Seriously tho.... what are wales gonna do once Shane hangs his boots?? (i know a moment of brilliance normally has a pairing with 1-3 errors) but seriously i can't see anyone with his flair (and unpredictability) coming through. We have out and out speedsters-Halfpenny, James, Phillips etc...... but there is no-one that has that game breaker sidestep. I guess sides are only gifted with one player with such abilities every 20 years :( :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Feb 27 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Mr. One-Two, I really really hate that picture you have. I don't know who that is but I would love to send him some hate mail[/b]

Is this for me ??

If yes, can't you recognize a Picasso auto portrait ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TVH11 @ Feb 27 2010, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yet another game, in which we could have won. its so damn frustrating watch this welsh side. One minute their playing like a bunch of amateur sunday players and the next they actually start playing rugby. we are our own enemies. From what i can remember (bearing in mind i was watching this with already a few pints down me) France did not look like scoring last night. don't recall them penetrating the line many times, and wales gifted them 2 tries - which ultimately won them the game. We are playing like the french time of some 4/5 years ago - so unpredictable.... moment of brilliance followed by 10 mins of horror (or vice versa) haha.[/b]

This moments playing like amateur look strangely pure latins defaults (missing two decisive kicks to lineouts after penalties, one of the two wich was to give a lanch on the blue 5 meters...!).
Nor he 2 french tries are constructed, but neither are they undeserved as coming as a result of a strong, high and permanent defense. They're not here by chance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Codorniou @ Feb 27 2010, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Feb 27 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mr. One-Two, I really really hate that picture you have. I don't know who that is but I would love to send him some hate mail[/b]

Is this for me ??

[/b][/quote]

No. I'm talking about Mr. One-Two. He's posted a fair few comments on this topic. His picture is of some annoying clown guy. The guy in your picture seems grand

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Feb 27 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Codorniou @ Feb 27 2010, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Feb 27 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this for me ??

[/b][/quote]

No. I'm talking about Mr. One-Two. He's posted a fair few comments on this topic. His picture is of some annoying clown guy. The guy in your picture seems grand
[/b][/quote]
That's no clown, that's David Lee Roth!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Feb 27 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Feb 27 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Codorniou @ Feb 27 2010, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this for me ??

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Well, Mr. Roth can expect a strongly worded death threat curtesy of the king

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Feb 27 2010, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Feb 27 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Feb 27 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this for me ??

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Well, Mr. Roth can expect a strongly worded death threat curtesy of the king
[/b][/quote]
Wait so now you're actually D'arcy? This is all getting very confusing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TVH11 @ Feb 27 2010, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yet another game, in which we could have won. its so damn frustrating watch this welsh side. One minute their playing like a bunch of amateur sunday players and the next they actually start playing rugby. we are our own enemies. From what i can remember (bearing in mind i was watching this with already a few pints down me) France did not look like scoring last night. don't recall them penetrating the line many times, and wales gifted them 2 tries - which ultimately won them the game. We are playing like the french time of some 4/5 years ago - so unpredictable.... moment of brilliance followed by 10 mins of horror (or vice versa) haha.

Seriously tho.... what are wales gonna do once Shane hangs his boots?? (i know a moment of brilliance normally has a pairing with 1-3 errors) but seriously i can't see anyone with his flair (and unpredictability) coming through. We have out and out speedsters-Halfpenny, James, Phillips etc...... but there is no-one that has that game breaker sidestep. I guess sides are only gifted with one player with such abilities every 20 years :( :([/b]

I understand the thought but i have to disagree on the conclusion. on the first half , Fr highly deserves what happened , they provoked their luck with a strong attacking defense. And overall , appart a bit on the end where i told to myself "i do not like what is happening...we are falling into welsh madness" , i feel we have mastered this match . in the first half wales did not exist , not because of them but because of the big pressure of the french defense. i have to say that Wales have played very smartly on scrums cause they weren't as powerfull as France on the paper.

Lievremont had a very interesting comment after the match on this catastrophic second half ...when players came back in the cloakroom at half time , they were all excited and talking to each other (like a school recreation..) and he reconized that they missed the second half because of this exact key moment (because nobody tried to put again some order into that). Fr lost all his cohesion and the game has been a mess collectivly speaking for FR after that . And to not help Fr , wales played the second half a bit better .