• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

Although - and this is very 20/20 hindsight - but if Scholes could have been lured to Leinster, feels like that'd have done Irish rugby a fair turn of good at that point.
On a similar note, Cian Kelleher probably wouldn't have left Leinster had Luke Fitzgerald's retirement happened before he signed with Connacht. Also, if David Nucifora was getting his way with players jumping province, a Jacob Stockdale for Andrew Porter would make a whole lot of sense.

I've nothing against Niall Morris and if he gets over his injury, he'll be a decent signing. It's just that Leinster were a few short years ago at the peak of European rugby. Now they're signing players like Ian Nagle, Niall Morris and Hayden Triggs to replace players of the calibre of Luke Fitzgerald, Brad Thorn and Leo Cullen. That's a massive step down in quality.

Tigs I can't believe you've transplanted your filthy little bum onto the Munsterfans forums as well as here you cheeky boy. Do they know the very mean things you've said about turning Thomond Park into a Granny Flat?
Ahem anyway. Yeah I don't know. He might have potential but he was one of the worst players in that under 20 side.

Last edited:
Tigs I can't believe you've transplanted your filthy little bum onto the Munsterfans forums as well as here you cheeky boy. Do they know the very mean things you've said about turning Thomond Park into a Granny Flat?

Nope I'm a good boy.

At least this will hopefully keep the Tigers tradition of having a Irish player on the books.

think we have had an Irish player on the books for 20 years on the trot with Eric Miller being the first followed by Murphy, Cullen, Jennings, Murphy, Morris.

Apparently Tiger offered him 12K more than we did per year which is pretty crazy. Our academy boys wouldn't be on that sort of money ever.

Apparently Tiger offered him 12K more than we did per year which is pretty crazy. Our academy boys wouldn't be on that sort of money ever.

Neither would our academy boys (Actually from what i hear we are pretty tight in terms of Academy Salary Jacob Umaga went to Wasps for more money), but we obviously view him as future starter and put in the early investment to make sure we get him.

As i said on Munster forum.
LH we have 2 England U20's in Genge and Hills, but at TH we are slim outside of Balmain.

I'd love to know what they saw that meant he was worth that though. He was third choice barring injury, and a loss for us only because of how horribly bad we are at developing tight heads. Probably for the best he goes somewhere else as he may get some proper scrum coaching.

How long has Tigs been on the internet's melting pot of the uneducated and unintelligent? I'd be lying had I said I hadn't noticed him getting more stupid and less cultured over the past few months!

On Betts money was massive and lads he struggled in AIL at times this year he's potential but considering funds were tight we couldnt offer that money for a guy effectively untested at any senior pro rugby.

How long has Tigs been on the internet's melting pot of the uneducated and unintelligent? I'd be lying had I said I hadn't noticed him getting more stupid and less cultured over the past few months!
Let's not go too far. He's not a member of The Connacht Clux Clan who will crucify Joe Schmidt if he doesn't pick a promising U12 Galwegians player ahead of an established international.

I'd love to know what they saw that meant he was worth that though. He was third choice barring injury, and a loss for us only because of how horribly bad we are at developing tight heads. Probably for the best he goes somewhere else as he may get some proper scrum coaching.

Cockers has a good record with signing young front rowers in general so i have faith in his call here.

was on it last year when we drew them in the Champions cup.

I have to say since joining i have seen my intelligence drop from Homer Simpson to Ralph Wiggum due to it.

On a similar note, Cian Kelleher probably wouldn't have left Leinster had Luke Fitzgerald's retirement happened before he signed with Connacht. Also, if David Nucifora was getting his way with players jumping province, a Jacob Stockdale for Andrew Porter would make a whole lot of sense.

I've nothing against Niall Morris and if he gets over his injury, he'll be a decent signing. It's just that Leinster were a few short years ago at the peak of European rugby. Now they're signing players like Ian Nagle, Niall Morris and Hayden Triggs to replace players of the calibre of Luke Fitzgerald, Brad Thorn and Leo Cullen. That's a massive step down in quality.

It is, but you and I both know the answer to this is to produce your own, not buy in.

Also I'd rather have Deegan than Porter, not that we're getting any.

It is, but you and I both know the answer to this is to produce your own, not buy in.
It's definitely the preferred route to produce from within rather than import talent. The provinces are never going to compete with the finances of the top French clubs. In general Leinster have done a good job producing their own players, notably at prop and in the backrow. Where I think Leinster have done a poor job is in allowing the squad become bloated. Ian Nagle, Hayden Triggs and Niall Morris add to that. If you look at the Leinster squad you could easily cull 6 or 7 players and with those saved wages, add an elite player to boost the team. It would also free up game time for promising academy players to get more chances.

If the salary jump is true, Ben Betts is absolutely right to sign with Leicester. It's surely a blow for Munster. Perhaps he's not an elite talent but with John Andress and Stephen Archer as Munster's tightheads this season, they badly need somebody to come through for them.

Dave Kearney, Rob Kearney (heard murmers of him considering hanging the boots up, doubt they're too reputable), Isa Nacewa, Zane Kirchner, Fergus McFadden are our back three players with any experience, the two Kearney's are lost in international periods, we'll have Adam Byrne, Billy Dardis and Niall Morris available next year. I really don't think Morris is bloating the squad, he's much needed cover and if he can find fitness and form he's better than Kirchner and McFadden, and Byrne and Dardis too if they don't have the break out season we need.

Nagle and Triggs have no place in the squad but I could see Morris breaking into the starting 23 at worst if he finds form.

Our back three options are disgracefully slow.

Jean Kleyn to Munster is all but confirmed. He's retweetng articles linking him to us. Should be available post SR an won't play out his Curry Cup season.

Latest posts