• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

He probably sees it as 1 year in the championship; cement his position as a starter for the team, whilst playing himself into form, then launching a genuine challenge in the Prem next year.

Good money at that club and at that age a guy of talent will be really anxious to be playing first team rugby week in week out for fear of being a 'could have been' or stagnating. Even if it's only in the Championship players need a stage, and I doubt he'd stick around if they miss promotion.

Very happy with that signing cause it now means when he comes we can use Marshall in different ways and not have to play a unknown at full back. Are back line next season is shaping up nicely

Good money at that club and at that age a guy of talent will be really anxious to be playing first team rugby week in week out for fear of being a 'could have been' or stagnating. Even if it's only in the Championship players need a stage, and I doubt he'd stick around if they miss promotion.

Exactly this. In comparison to his contemporaries in the 2011/2012 U20s sides, Ransom is well behind where he should be.

Looks like a sensible move to me.

Only surprise is that they had space in the cap

Why? Cap has gone up by something like a million hasn't it? Ignore Piutau + Smith vs Beale + Cips, and when you consider who's moved on and who's come in, I don't think it's tough to see how they fit.

Wasp 2016/17 team
1) Mullan
2) Taylor
3) Moore
4) Synmons
5) Luanchbury
6) Young/Jones
7) Haskell
8) Hughes
9) Robson
10) Cips
11) Wade
12) Eastmond
13) Daly
14) Halai
15) Beale

16) Johnson
17) McIntyre
18) Cooper Woolley
19) Gaskell
20) Young/Jones
21) Simpson
22) Gopperth
23) Armitage/Miller

Damn looking at alot of teams first choice 23 the quality of signings this season has been high.

toruble is we are going down the top 14 route abit now.

Leiua may stake a claim for the 23 shirt in front of Armitage or Miller. Cips can cover FB, as can Daly, therefore it may make more sense to have a someone who can cover 11-14 in the 23.

EDIT - and 16/17 out of 23 EQP doesn't look too top 14 to me.

Last edited:
Eastmond's signed with Wasps. Their back line for next season is looking terrifying...

9. Robson
10. Cipriani
11. Halai
12. Eastmond
13. Daly
14. Wade
15. Beale

21. Simpson
22. Gopperth
23. Miller/Armitage/Tagicakibau/Leiua

Edit:

Somehow didn't realise there were already posts on this. Sorry.

Last edited:
Leiua may stake a claim for the 23 shirt in front of Armitage or Miller. Cips can cover FB, as can Daly, therefore it may make more sense to have a someone who can cover 11-14 in the 23.

EDIT - and 16/17 out of 23 EQP doesn't look too top 14 to me.

more in terms of money being spent.

more in terms of money being spent.

I'd rather we were sat on the top of the pile than at the bottom. It means there's interest and money in the sport we love. Little need for creating new laws on overseas player eligibility so complicated (and useless) that no one is quite sure who can be picked. Or forever expanding the competition until it's just an ugly mess of qualification.

Eastmond's signed with Wasps. Their back line for next season is looking terrifying...

9. Robson
10. Cipriani
11. Halai
12. Eastmond
13. Daly
14. Wade
15. Beale

21. Simpson
22. Gopperth
23. Miller/Armitage/Tagicakibau/Leiua

Edit:

Somehow didn't realise there were already posts on this. Sorry.

Pretty light weight tho....

Eastmond is small, but his defence is fairly good if I recall correctly, solidly built so can put in a half decent hit. Daly is OK, Wade is much improved, Robson is decent enough, Halai too. It's not ideal, but I guess we're looking towards a "We'll score 30, let's see you keep up." approach.

Latest posts