• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The refereeing of the 2010 Tri Nations

no i only store the important stuff like rugby, passed my english exams with flying colours no need to prove myself for the rest of my life, im a acid freak man

he should apologise though for the fact mcaw wasnt sin binned for killing the ball when a certain try was about to be scored or for his attack on burgers eye

Do you feel squirrel that Paddy O'Brien who wasnt refereeing the game should apologise?...I dont think in all honesty that McCaw tried to attack Burgers eyes, he was trying to get the ball and to solidify this Burger did not make any complaint of an eye-gouge, even the crowd did not react to this.

Rolland was not the touch judge that missed that. Simon McDowell missed it.

'He was ? How sure are you ? I am pretty sure it was Rolland but if I am wrong apologies , still dont it it any better , howcome the touch judge was not cautioned ? SA refs are ? I am yet to see anyone say anything about the shoulder charge and Mccaw's attack on Burger ? I suppose the easy cop out is just shouting whine whine whine , no problems , I expected this.

Do you feel squirrel that Paddy O'Brien who wasnt refereeing the game should apologise?...I dont think in all honesty that McCaw tried to attack Burgers eyes, he was trying to get the ball and to solidify this Burger did not make any complaint of an eye-gouge, even the crowd did not react to this.

No matter buddy , I dont think the ref should apologies either but he set a precedent when he did so for the ABS against the Irish (I think). Also why no action against the touch judge who missed the blatant forward pass that in the end changed the game. You see standards were set and we all shouted petty except a few Kiwi and Aussies , now the shoes is on the other foot and we are whining.

if he was trying to get the ball his eye sight must be bad because his mistook for burgers head

no i dont beleive refs should apologize but o'brien set a standard by paying a special visit to the abs hotel

no i dont beleive refs should apologize but o'brien set a standard by paying a special visit to the abs hotel

Set a standard of what? What a vague statement.

I've yet to read anywhere that he visited the AB's or chatted to them in any way which gave them an advantage.

sorry i was replying to sammy owen,i should have added a quote, not to sure how that stuff works, think ill leave it for the tech heads

yeah sam i dont think there was much in it, but we seen what happened to roussow and the abs get all touchy about it, but your right

I think if you went and asked Burger yourself he'd probably laugh or not remember it.

McCaw's hands were definitely not going for Burgers eyes, he looked annoyed that Burger had thrown the ball away (which is a delaying cheating tactic, but let's not mention that squirrel) and gave him a shove near the top of his head. It was a bit of push and shove. Which is wrong, yes, but every player does that kind of push and shove.

If he went for the eyes squirrel, then the current internet term for unproven allegations applies, "Proof, or it didn't happen". :D

There's heaps of video out there of the game, go for it. Show us the famous eye-attack! :lol:

No matter buddy , I dont think the ref should apologies either but he set a precedent when he did so for the ABS against the Irish (I think). Also why no action against the touch judge who missed the blatant forward pass that in the end changed the game. You see standards were set and we all shouted petty except a few Kiwi and Aussies , now the shoes is on the other foot and we are whining.
The fact is no kiwis have reffed any of the All Blacks games, we all know that as fact. So that means no kiwi has anything to do with the refereeing right??...So who made the mistakes that we are discussing?....non-kiwi reffs right. As far as I know the mistakes that you's are not happy with are from a few very good european reffs and a very good South African reff. Notice how there is no kiwi reffs or Paddy O'Brien on the field. Ok then move along :lol:.

Last edited:
would you compare it to the roussow incident, because thats what im doing

Roussow incident? This must be several pages of petty squabbling back, as I'm not sure what this particular argument fragment is about.

The All Blacks fans can bleat about last year and how we could've won two of those games had things gone another way. South African fans can do the same about this year, but really what a waste of time. It cheapens last years series, and now it's cheapening this one, for both teams.

I bet not one springbok player is sad enough to be sitting around moping about any of this, they'll be getting on with their lives and some of them probably had beers with the very same evil All Blacks you can't move on from.

Roussow incident? This must be several pages of petty squabbling back, as I'm not sure what this particular argument fragment is about.

The All Blacks fans can bleat about last year and how we could've won two of those games had things gone another way. South African fans can do the same about this year, but really what a waste of time. It cheapens last years series, and now it's cheapening this one, for both teams.

I bet not one springbok player is sad enough to be sitting around moping about any of this, they'll be getting on with their lives and some of them probably had beers with the very same evil All Blacks you can't move on from.
You could not have said this any better. Last year belonged to the Boks, this year to the All Blacks. We were not up to scratch this season. You will get decisions against and for you. Yes Rolland had a shocker and we didn't get the 50/50's. But because we're losing and those decisions go heavily against us, it seems that the entire rugby universe has it in for the Boks. Unfair this, unfair that, conspiracy this conspiracy that. I'm tired of it all. Of course I'm gutted with all the losses, but we move on. Get the loss (or in this case streak) out of the system and start building again. Only we can rectify the situation not the ref, nor the IRB nor Richie's perceived cheating (tongue in cheek). Fellow Bok supporters grow a pair and get on with it. Our players are doing that, so why shouldn't we?

Set a standard of what? What a vague statement.

I've yet to read anywhere that he visited the AB's or chatted to them in any way which gave them an advantage.

Did O' brien not visit the ABS in their hotel room last year to apologies for Stuat Dickensons reffing in the ABS - Italy game. I remember his absolute scathing attack on Stuat Dick. This year we had a SA ref dropped for flagging Aussie Winger Mitchel for a shoulder charge but surprisingly Kaplon escaped any censorship for missing Tony Woodcock's thuggery on the Aussie Hooker , Woodcock also not surprisingly missed being cited. Lastly we had the w\ends game where Paddy and co seemed to forget the utter k@k standards they set and allowed Mccaw (facial attack on Burger) and Franks ( shoulder charge into Juan De Jongh ) to escape scott free , imagine that. At least he said that the pass was forward , but I wonder how come he did not feel the need to also apologise to SA ? He set that k@k standard.

And I am yet to see anyone say anything about the 2 fouls here on TRF but be that as it may all is over , karma is a BIT** and next year is the knock outs (if u make it ) when u lose dont feel too bad lol

McCaw's hands were definitely not going for Burgers eyes, he looked annoyed that Burger had thrown the ball away (which is a delaying cheating tactic, but let's not mention that squirrel) and gave him a shove near the top of his head. It was a bit of push and shove. Which is wrong, yes, but every player does that kind of push and shove.

If he went for the eyes squirrel, then the current internet term for unproven allegations applies, "Proof, or it didn't happen". :D

There's heaps of video out there of the game, go for it. Show us the famous eye-attack! :lol:

It was a nothing but please dont even think of calling Burger a cheat and make it like Mccaw is a angel. I said so at the time that Burger was silly. As for everyone does that kind of shove I say sure , but howcome Burger is a thug when he does it but Mccaw is not ? For the record , I believe both players are NOT thugs and fine rugby players and gentlemen.I even met them both and was in awe of how humble a guy like Mccaw is.

Schalk Burger also one day stopped traffic so that I could take a pic of me with him in a parking lot on Cape Town , true story.

Did O' brien not visit the ABS in their hotel room last year to apologies for Stuat Dickensons reffing in the ABS - Italy game. I remember his absolute scathing attack on Stuat Dick. This year we had a SA ref dropped for flagging Aussie Winger Mitchel for a shoulder charge but surprisingly Kaplon escaped any censorship for missing Tony Woodcock's thuggery on the Aussie Hooker , Woodcock also not surprisingly missed being cited. Lastly we had the w\ends game where Paddy and co seemed to forget the utter k@k standards they set and allowed Mccaw (facial attack on Burger) and Franks ( shoulder charge into Juan De Jongh ) to escape scott free , imagine that. At least he said that the pass was forward , but I wonder how come he did not feel the need to also apologise to SA ? He set that k@k standard.

And I am yet to see anyone say anything about the 2 fouls here on TRF but be that as it may all is over , karma is a BIT** and next year is the knock outs (if u make it ) when u lose dont feel too bad lol

yes, you're are right about the Dickinson incident ... was his Refereeing consistently below par in the match against Italy ... did the same Paddy O'Brien not advocate the use of technology in this last match to eliminate mistakes like the forward pass preceding the McCaw try ... seems as if your damned if you do do something, and damned if you don't

Yes, refs and assistants are human and they miss stuff like the forward pass, but please don't insinuate that it always goes against the boks or for the All Blacks ... those same guys missed the Boks lazy runners leading up to the same try.

Maybe Franks and McCaw should go to the judiciary, although i'm not sure that you'd get the result you're looking for in the McCaw case (i'd have to view the shoulder charge to have an opinion on that)

As for karma/when the AB's get knocked out of the cup, I guess i'll cope at least as well as if it happens to your team ... i've watched all of the tournament, so if I haven't learn't to live with disappointment by now, I never will.

... it will be ok with you if I celebrate on the off chance we win though, right :)

Latest posts