• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The refereeing of the 2010 Tri Nations

Talking of the Ref's i have seen this theory that SA have been disadvantaged by having northern Refs, Funny how this wasn't an issue last year when the Bok's were winning. SA's problems come down to fitness not the Ref's.

Did O' brien not visit the ABS in their hotel room last year to apologies for Stuat Dickensons reffing in the ABS - Italy game. I remember his absolute scathing attack on Stuat Dick. This year we had a SA ref dropped for flagging Aussie Winger Mitchel for a shoulder charge but surprisingly Kaplon escaped any censorship for missing Tony Woodcock's thuggery on the Aussie Hooker , Woodcock also not surprisingly missed being cited. Lastly we had the w\ends game where Paddy and co seemed to forget the utter k@k standards they set and allowed Mccaw (facial attack on Burger) and Franks ( shoulder charge into Juan De Jongh ) to escape scott free , imagine that. At least he said that the pass was forward , but I wonder how come he did not feel the need to also apologise to SA ? He set that k@k standard.

And I am yet to see anyone say anything about the 2 fouls here on TRF but be that as it may all is over , karma is a BIT** and next year is the knock outs (if u make it ) when u lose dont feel too bad lol
Quite sad and pathetic, people like you give your country its reputation for bad sportsmanship. If you didn't notice the referee and citing commissioner missed a eye gouge by burger

I think u kidding yourself , just this past w\end All Black legend said that the ABS vs Boks is the ultimate in world rugby , our history is too strong and we have been the only team to trouble the ABS in the past (well besides France in WC games).
Na in the modern era the Wallabies have been our greatest rivals

Bit of talk bout the AB world cup record or lack of. I'd take practically 100 years of domination of rugby over a few measly world cups any day hahaha.

im with you their mr nate, i would rather my team demolish all other teams 90% of the time

Bit of talk bout the AB world cup record or lack of. I'd take practically 100 years of domination of rugby over a few measly world cups any day hahaha.

Have I thought that myself many a time or what. I'd rather be the best team overall than a world cup winner. The world cup is a fickle albeit important trophy.

And another *****ing and moaning topic! It's weird to see how much the kiwi's want to win the World Cup but when they don't, some of them write it off as a unimportant little tournament.

New Zealand are superior in the Tri-Nations, South Africa has had success in the Super 14 lately and Australia has won the World Cup twice (together with the Springboks). The moaning about the referees is pathetic, from both sides! New Zealand is very successful together with the other 2.

Funny thing that the World Cup was the idea of a NZ though. Can we please stop comparing and *****ing? it's like teenage boys looking to see who has the biggest ****

to be honest I think the lack of All Black success at World Cups has made it hyped more and not just in NZ. It's effectively the only chance for any country to hold anything against the All Blacks for any real length of time, its basically a leveller. France would never have been considered a better team but because it only came down to a one off game they could put everything into it and by good fortune, a lot of passion and a bit of flair they pulled off the upsets. I'm not trying to downplay the World Cup but it has been over hyped partly because of the reason just mentioned, that its a chance for everyone else to get the All Blacks, the result of it is not a definitive reflection of the best rugby team and it has benefited from association with the soccer world cup. I think people forget that unlike football their is meaningful competition year in year out between all the top nations and a World Cup is no different from the competition with see regularly anyway.

and the fact graham henry wouldnt shut up about it and devalued the jersey in the process then failed to achieve the cup

I think this year revs was very un professional towards the Springboks....there was not one match I watched the I saw plenty of mistakes.

Yes, refs are human, but when it is mistakes thats made right in front of them it makes me wonder how much of a mistake it really is.

Am I whining....you bet....it's obveous why.....or did "you" also not see?

I guess this year it was our turn.....hopefully next year the whining will come from someone else.

to be honest I think the lack of All Black success at World Cups has made it hyped more and not just in NZ. It's effectively the only chance for any country to hold anything against the All Blacks for any real length of time, its basically a leveller. France would never have been considered a better team but because it only came down to a one off game they could put everything into it and by good fortune, a lot of passion and a bit of flair they pulled off the upsets. I'm not trying to downplay the World Cup but it has been over hyped partly because of the reason just mentioned, that its a chance for everyone else to get the All Blacks, the result of it is not a definitive reflection of the best rugby team and it has benefited from association with the soccer world cup. I think people forget that unlike football their is meaningful competition year in year out between all the top nations and a World Cup is no different from the competition with see regularly anyway.

Sorry but The Six Nations and Tri Nations don't really reflect a worldwide domination. If you want to know who is the best team in the World, teams should play each other no matter where they are from. Now France won the Six Nations this year, South Africa the Tri-Nations last year. When SA beat France back in june, did that make them the best team in the World? According to your theory it did.

I don't agree. A World Cup is the defying moment every 4 years to prove you are the best. Of course there are always upsets but that happens in football. This year Spain won the World Cup when in fact Germany was the better team. The 1 loss in the semi's vs. the Spanish cost them the ***le. That's life. Same with New Zealand. Amazing team but in 2007 they lose to a French team which was a one in ten chance of them winning.

Winning the World Cup is the biggest price to win in every sport (except the Olympic gold medal if it's an Olympic sport) and sometimes it hangs by a thread. What if the English try was awarded in the final? That's how close it gets.

Don't give me the crap that the Tri-Nations is a meaningful competition to decide who's the World's best. It just doesn't work that way. You cannot take a tournament with 3 teams and say that's a reflection of the ranking. Or 6. The Six Nations is not a worldwide tournament and neither is the Tri-Nations

I think that when the next Trfies™ Awards come around, it's going to be impossible to decide on a winner for the least-grammatically able member on this forum...

Aside from the fact that the three best teams are almost always the 3N teams, there are June internationals and EOYT.

And another *****ing and moaning topic! It's weird to see how much the kiwi's want to win the World Cup but when they don't, some of them write it off as a unimportant little tournament.

New Zealand are superior in the Tri-Nations, South Africa has had success in the Super 14 lately and Australia has won the World Cup twice (together with the Springboks). The moaning about the referees is pathetic, from both sides! New Zealand is very successful together with the other 2.

Funny thing that the World Cup was the idea of a NZ though. Can we please stop comparing and *****ing? it's like teenage boys looking to see who has the biggest ****

1. No-one said the don't want to win the world cup OR that it was an unimportant little tournament. That's you making those words up and putting them in our mouths. We just said if we had to choose between winning it and being permanently lower ranked as an international side, we'd rather be ranked higher.

2. The World Cup was not just the idea of New Zealand. It was hosted here first, but the idea was in the heads of many rugby administrators from many different parts of the world for several years.

3. The moaning about the refs is pathetic, from both sides? Well you obviously are struggling to read because New Zealands fans are generally not the ones complaining about refereeing decisions.

So, on three counts you are completely wrong and proven so.

Stop trying to come in here like your "the mature one" and we're all immature, your no better than anyone else.

I think that when the next Trfies™ Awards come around, it's going to be impossible to decide on a winner for the least-grammatically able member on this forum...
Haha, good call.

On a slightly different note, the stress from Tri Nations posts is hurting me. I'm hanging around the NH side of the forum for a while. God those people are lovely.

Haha, good call.

On a slightly different note, the stress from Tri Nations posts is hurting me. I'm hanging around the NH side of the forum for a while. God those people are lovely.
It's true, we're excellent.

Prior to readmission to world rugby in 92 SA has a very good record against the ABS actually. Its was about equal with SA shading the ABS fractually in wins/losses , its only after 92 that the ABS created a gap which the Boks tried to close last last a little but failed miserably this year. So yes 100 years of domination is kinda exaggerated

Latest posts