• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The refereeing of the 2010 Tri Nations

this is aimed at woodward,when i have i pretended to be south african? im a a kiwi but i have never supported the all blacks and i dont have to

this is aimed at woodward,when i have i pretended to be south african? im a a kiwi but i have never supported the all blacks and i dont have to

Use the "Reply With Quote" option when responding to a certain post. It will help solve confusion and get everybody off your ***s.

PS just out of interest sake, are you still living in Kiwiland? Or were you just born there? I'm asking cause I've never met a kiwi who doesn't support the AB's.

well there isnt much of us i can tell you that especially if they love the game of rugby, but there is alot of alot of non rugby supporters who are glad to see them lose because of the local press and the seriousness that some take a loss,mainly women [but i wouldnt expect mr iverson or woodward to be experts on that topic]
but im born and raised in nz, but i live in australia mainly these days

I understand squirrel. I was born and raised in Holland but the national football team is not something I support. Sometimes you just don't feel connected with your national team.

Please someone make the idiocy stop...

Disclaimer: Not aimed at someone in particular.

Or maybe he was referring to just WC games where we have a 66% record against the ABS

66%. That true, but we have a 100% losing record against Australia in the RWC

Also, Fitzy and Zinzan made those comments in 2008, just after we lost the Sydney test. At that point, we had 17 - wins & 12 losses, a 58% winning record.

Against South Africa, since 2004, we play for the "Freedom Cup". Most kiwis have never even heard of it, but even non-rugby following Kiwis know about the Bledisloe cup, played for since 1931!! I would say that most Kiwi fans care about the Bledisloe more than they do about the Tri-Nations, or if not, it would certainly be very close.

66%. That true, but we have a 100% losing record against Australia in the RWC

Also, Fitzy and Zinzan made those comments in 2008, just after we lost the Sydney test. At that point, we had 17 - wins & 12 losses, a 58% winning record.

erm Fitzpatrick made those comments last week I believe , U say I say is really irralevant , I always thought the Kiwi's regard the Boks as their ultimate rivals . I can safely say its true the other way around for us Boks, maybe we should start a poll and see ?

Last edited:
I always thought the Kiwi's regard the Boks as their ultimate rivals . I can safely say its true the other way around for us Bok

Over the long term, since the rivalries began, 1903 against the Wallabies, and 1921 against the Boks, I would say that is true. But since the professional era began, I would still consider the Wallabies to be the team we have most struggled to beat.

Pre professionalism <-1995
v AUS 68% wins
v SAF 43% wins

Post professionalism 1996->
v AUS 68% wins
V SAF 69% wins

I guess the difficulty in beating the Boks in the Republic was reduced dramatically for us once neutral referees were involved.

Just remember, the Wallabies and the French have knocked us out of the RWC in the semis and quarters twice each, something that South Africa has never done.

maybe we should start a poll and see ?
How would you stop supporters from the NH voting in it?

I guess the difficulty in beating the Boks in the Republic was reduced dramatically for us once neutral referees were involved.

I could same the same vice versa.

Just remember, the Wallabies and the French have knocked us out of the RWC in the semis and quarters twice each, something that South Africa has never done.

True that may be but we beat you in the finals where you were firm favorites against arguably the greatest ABS team ever , Fitzpatrick , Zinzan , Dowde , Bunce , little , Wilson the list goes on , and please don't argue that the ABS were not favorites , SA had something like 3 or 4 players capped more than 10 times and mostly unknpwn players outside SA. I watched the game again the other day of ESPN classics. PLayers like Joost was unknown.

How would you stop supporters from the NH voting in it?

Results , there has only been two teams historically besides the French in WC's that has been reasonably competitive against the ABS and if lets say for instance Wales was an option , I dont think many New Zealanders would remember Epic test's where they beat Wales always (no offense to the Welsh , just using an example.

Anyway , off to bed , will catch up tomorrow. Nite all

Last edited by a moderator:
I could same the same vice versa.

True that may be but we beat you in the finals where you were firm favorites against arguably the greatest ABS team ever , Fitzpatrick , Zinzan , Dowde , Bunce , little , Wilson the list goes on , and please don't argue that the ABS were not favorites , SA had something like 3 or 4 players capped more than 10 times and mostly unknpwn players outside SA. I watched the game again the other day of ESPN classics. PLayers like Joost was unknown.

Results , there has only been two teams historically besides the French in WC's that has been reasonably competitive against the ABS and if lets say for instance Wales was an option , I dont think many New Zealanders would remember Epic test's where they beat Wales always (no offense to the Welsh , just using an example.

Anyway , off to bed , will catch up tomorrow. Nite all

Thing is tho ... some people when you read their posts about these types of thing only believe rugby started and that the major rivalries only began in the late 80s. Truth be it that this is certainly not the case. Wales and New Zealand have both had a rich history against each other, albeit in only 27 Test Matches compared the 119 of England. Much rivalry comes from the much famous tour game on the 16th December 1905, when Wales beat the seemingly invincible (although 1924 was that tour) All Blacks 3-0 ... with one of the most controversial tires in the history of rugby.

Last edited:
I have heard of the Welsh and All Black rivalry of back in the day. One of the most popular ones in Rugby history I've been told and now reminded.

Thing is tho ... some people when you read their posts about these types of thing only believe rugby started and that the major rivalries only began in the late 80s. Truth be it that this is certainly not the case. Wales and New Zealand have both had a rich history against each other, albeit in only 27 Test Matches compared the 119 of England. Much rivalry comes from the much famous tour game on the 16th December 1905, when Wales beat the seemingly invincible (although 1924 was that tour) All Blacks 3-0 ... with one of the most controversial tires in the history of rugby.

Yup. in the 1970s and 80s All Black tests against the Welsh made me more nervous than playing anyone else

Yup. in the 1970s and 80s All Black tests against the Welsh made me more nervous than playing anyone else

Im not saying its the All Blacks biggest rivalry but we are up there with the likes of Australia, South Africa and what you have not.

Guy WTF are you on about ? I was responding to post by Woodward that said the below. He was implying that the Aussies were dominant over the ABs or rather they had a few good years in a 3-4 years period and its something the Boks never achieved , I replied that in that period the Aussies won 6 out of 5 games against the ABS. Not brain surgery but one can hardly call that a few good years over the ABS now can we ? This is reference to Aussies Vs Abs and that only. Please take some time and read through the post and replies before having a hernia.
I said they had a great era, not just against the All Blacks though I used the wins they had over some great All Black sides as evidence theres also plenty more-see ezequiel's post. Would you not consider beating the All Blacks 6 times in 4 years a very good effort anyway? or 5 times in 3 years if you take out 03 in which they beat us in a semi final but lost the Bledisloe to us, actually wouldn't they have beaten us twice in 98 as well to win the thing. So it seems you've attempted to manipulate the stats a bit. Either way probably the best era by any country since professionalism began, thats why we have current coaches and players claiming to value the Bledisloe over the 3N. Plus we hate each other anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
well there isnt much of us i can tell you that especially if they love the game of rugby, but there is alot of alot of non rugby supporters who are glad to see them lose because of the local press and the seriousness that some take a loss,mainly women [but i wouldnt expect mr iverson or woodward to be experts on that topic]
but im born and raised in nz, but i live in australia mainly these days

What are you not expecting us to be experts on exactly? People who don't follow the All Blacks? Come on, that's just a weird pointless thing for anyone to want to be an expert on.

I'm not an expert on women, I'm an expert at being on women

Neither am I, after being married 5 years and having a nearly four year old kid. I don't think anyone ever becomes an expert on women.

Maybe this is something we can all agree on?

Latest posts