• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Official Sonny Bill Williams Thread

I remember him saying before that his contract allowed to have 2 or 3 (can't remember which) fights per season

He's going to look daft if he gets knocked out and has to miss the match with a broken eye socket and concussion

Then again I doubt the NZRU will let him fight anyone with a chance of beating him

I remember him saying before that his contract allowed to have 2 or 3 (can't remember which) fights per season

He's going to look daft if he gets knocked out and has to miss the match with a broken eye socket and concussion

Then again I doubt the NZRU will let him fight anyone with a chance of beating him

The chances of him fighting a guy thats capable of damaging him at all are nill. He has more of a chance of getting injured on the rugby field or sparring with Liam Messam.
I must say that if i were his agent i would be over the moon, if he keeps up this publicity and puts in a decent showing at the cup he could become the most markatable player in the game.

If NZ win the world cup, i think they will pursuade him to stay!! Especially when the clubs make a big bid for him, lets face it guys, money is a very important part of modern rugby!!

Don't get why

He's a great player, but no player is worth £1m a year, apart from probably Dan Carter.
SBW isn't a game changer in the same way

Also, Toulon have just put out (I presume) big bucks for Giteau, seems silly to then pay £1m for SBW when one of them is going to have to be on the bench (or Wilko will, who is apparently on the big bucks too)

Basically, not value for money as they won't be able to use all of their expensive players as often as they could

To be honest it all stems from the French article thats mentioned in the report. SBW said if he was to go anywhere it would only be Toulon but obviously he's in NZ. The test of SBW will come after WC time.

With out getting the anti SBW bandwagon rolling, SBW gets a bit much with the "keeping options open" line. He may go back to league, or play union in France or take up boxing full time (lol)...it doesn't scream dedication or pride. If he stays in NZ past his 2012 contract I'll eat my hat, as I think being in a NZ RWC winning (maybe) team will be just another credential on his résumé.

I do not like SBW he reflects what this beautiful game nwith strong values is becoming. His conversion to Islam, constant attention seeking do not impress me. He is one of many other players who re taking over the game and destroying it. I enjoy more watching John Hayes carriyng the ball, takling and giving everthing than a flashy, cocky and talented player play for his own pride and money.

I do not like SBW he reflects what this beautiful game nwith strong values is becoming. His conversion to Islam, constant attention seeking do not impress me. He is one of many other players who re taking over the game and destroying it. I enjoy more watching John Hayes carriyng the ball, takling and giving everthing than a flashy, cocky and talented player play for his own pride and money.

Wow hang on there sunshine. What has his religion got anything to do with it? Hardly anything was made of it and why should it matter what his religion is? A common misguided interpretation of SBW is people are quick to have a go at him because he is in the media all the time. Im sorry but he does not go to the press and have a rant. Quite the opposite and the media go hunting for him. SBW is a marketable man, a celeb (regardless of what people say), SBW is a man that is exploited by the media. If people took the time to read through the articles that are made of him most of them use quotes from other interviews / take clips from what he says and manipulate them to what the media want it to say. Lets get this straight he is not public-ally outspoken or anything of that nature. Most people really don't like him because he's pretty good at more than one sport which some of us including myself struggle to be half decent at.

Last edited:
Well fella. I am a bit old fashioned eg: I think that Ireland should go back to the days it was like under DEV and Lynch. And I would be discuted if a Muslim put on the Ireland Jersey and went out there reprenting this glorious nation of Christian heritage. He is a very good player(maybe the best around expet Carter) but I would not like him playing for my country. That's it.

And I would be discuted if a Muslim put on the Ireland Jersey and went out there reprenting this glorious nation of Christian heritage.
I semi-agreed with what you said until that ridiculous and downright offensive statement.

Jog on, son.

umm this whole muslim not playing for Ireland is a bit over the top you have to respect belifes other then your own.

Well fella. I am a bit old fashioned eg: I think that Ireland should go back to the days it was like under DEV and Lynch. And I would be discuted if a Muslim put on the Ireland Jersey and went out there reprenting this glorious nation of Christian heritage. He is a very good player(maybe the best around expet Carter) but I would not like him playing for my country. That's it.

Haha, you're an idiot. I think that all Irish players should follow druidism. It ia after all the true Irish religion, not Christianism, invented by a Jew in a far away dirty and hot place.

If he stays in NZ past his 2012 contract I'll eat my hat, as I think being in a NZ RWC winning (maybe) team will be just another credential on his résumé.
I will go halves in your Hat.

I think that Ireland should go back to the days it was like under DEV and Lynch.

You mean a civil war that almost destroyed the hard fought free state , due to their impossible and idiotic dream of immediately founding a republic ...?

Last edited:
Haha, you're an idiot. I think that all Irish players should follow druidism. It ia after all the true Irish religion, not Christianism, invented by a Jew in a far away dirty and hot place.

Dead right too many people in Ireland are under the impression that we are christianity ..we are merely recent converts ..every holy well and place in Ireland stemmed from a pagan place of worship and there are still many people who are fascinated by / worship the old gods.

Who are we, the thought police?

What has SBW's religion got to do with anything? If thats the only point against how he conducts himself off the field, he must be doing a pretty good job.

Last edited:

Latest posts