• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa v Ireland - 6 July 2024

When you have Garry Ringrose, you start Garry Ringrose. Fed up of this woke.

Osbourne is a risk I don't like but we'll see.

I like the rest, particularly Casey starting.

Can't accuse Farrell of not trying new things anyway.

Agreed, guess the Prendergast rumour wasn't true but would hope he see's field at some stage.
Casey has a big chance now. He needs to kick on.

Osborne - I have seen at 15 before and wasn't bad like worth a gamble. His boot may be key at altitude.
Still don't know how we will go but if Doris goes down will be interesting. Will Beirne go #8?

Not sure that's news? The away games in SA are always set up so you've two South African teams in a row. Teams are hardly going to go home between playing the Bulls and the Lions or whatever.
No its not news. And yea they won't go home, but the point stands that it forces minimal tours even if you go to France you go home again, now you stay together in hotels and management works with the team in a closed environment, that's all I was highlighting from the article.

Did he force the hand?
I don't think so.
For 9 it was always Murray or Casey. And Casey starting kid of keeps same mentality as if JGP was there.

15. Alot don't see Frawley as a solution here as he isn't as skilled here. Osborne well is interesting. If he goes well I think he may settle as a 15. There is alot of traffic in the centres. He has all the attributes to be a 15. And well I definitely see the merit in trying him here.

The only part I am still iffy on is 6,7,8 and 20. With POM there he always will start and well that means you need a 6 there to come on (eg Baird) but think for example if VDF gets an injury, especially early, or Doris or VDF play poorly we are pigeon holed.

When you have Garry Ringrose, you start Garry Ringrose. Fed up of this woke.

Osbourne is a risk I don't like but we'll see.

I like the rest, particularly Casey starting.

Can't accuse Farrell of not trying new things anyway.

four slides for a team announcement is so stupid.

Almost as dumb as a summer tour in the professional era where pre season starts the week after season ends.

Could do with Ringrose for our wide defence.

POM getting knocked off De Allende twice in a row isn't great.

Scrum looking good at least.

Defence from SA is incredible in fairness (even if I was dubious of the wrap in some chops) was thinking we needed some magic to break them and it took three bits of magic for that try.

Latest posts