• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Six Nations 2018] Round 2: England vs Wales (10/02/2018)

I'm looking forward to the Ireland Wales game. I expect it to be close, like the game yesterday. You'll also have Liam Williams and North starting.

Wales Online is to rugby analysis what the Daily Heil is to foreign policy.

Great advice for us all here, though if England had had the same effort disallowed yesterday there would already be a 20 page thread dedicated to it at the top of the 6 Nations Championship sub menu...

Of course there would have been. Let's not forget that the ref did not want to ping Wales for anything just so we couldn't build on our lead. All in the past now. England won, you need to win in Ireland or your ***le challenge is over.

Of course there would have been. Let's not forget that the ref did not want to ping Wales for anything just so we couldn't build on our lead. All in the past now. England won, you need to win in Ireland or your ***le challenge is over.

Referee mind reader here... sign him up Ed.

Correct decision IMO. To me, it looks like both players grounded the ball together (both had their right hand on the ball when it touched the ground). If that is the case, it is no try.

Law 21 DOUBT ABOUT GROUNDING
20. If there is doubt about which team first grounded the ball in in-goal, play is restarted with a
five-metre scrum, in line with the place where the ball was grounded. The attacking team
throws in.

that's what i thought the outcome would be to me... but the TMO made it sound like there was a clear white grounding which made me think there would be a 22

Referee mind reader here... sign him up Ed.

Coming from Mr TMO. But obviously you didn't see the knock on. Don't sign, maybe get your eyes checked. Take Warren with you whilst you're at it.

Coming from Mr TMO. But obviously you didn't see the knock on. Don't sign, maybe get your eyes checked. Take Warren with you whilst you're at it.

Dude I ain't even bitter... I don't even feel terrible about the result, gutted because Wales lost but it is what it is. I was just commenting that if the situation had been opposite there would have been a far bigger outcry on this site than it was after yesterday.

A for the most part inexperienced Wales side travelled to the home of the current second best outfit in the game and came away with a narrow loss and a side of highly valuable experience. Regardless of the disallowed try (& knock on or not, of which there actually still appears to be some conjecture), England were the better team for more of the game... I said earlier in the thread that 'so they should be'.

It was a fine game and I enjoyed it a lot.

Dude I ain't even bitter... I don't even feel terrible about the result, gutted because Wales lost but it is what it is. I was just commenting that if the situation had been opposite there would have been a far bigger outcry on this site than it was after yesterday.

A for the most part inexperienced Wales side travelled to the home of the current second best outfit in the game and came away with a narrow loss and a side of highly valuable experience. Regardless of the disallowed try (& knock on or not, of which there actually still appears to be some conjecture), England were the better team for more of the game... I said earlier in the thread that 'so they should be'.

It was a fine game and I enjoyed it a lot.

Yeah Id go along with that. England deserved the win. On the welsh side lots of positives. Just frustrated that gatland and co didnt start to develop these young players 2 years ago. their boneheadedness has arrested our development. they didnt even pick patchell and jamie davies for the summer tour original squad. they did the same wasting james hook. As for the championship. I think scotland v england is the ***le decider. I think wales will win in ireland as north liam williams faletau and possibly biggar will all come into the 23. Though Id stick with patch at 10 and put steff evans to the bench. I dont think the irish will handle that welsh back line especially if the mighty faletau is back leading the troops. England were far from great but their kicking was very good, they did just enough

Thought we were poor really. The TMO decision aside which, imo should have been a try.....all we did was knock the ball on all game. You can't win at Twickenham if you can't do the basics. We were a world away from last weeks performance in Cardiff. Shame but, we move on.

Yeah Id go along with that. England deserved the win. On the welsh side lots of positives. Just frustrated that gatland and co didnt start to develop these young players 2 years ago. their boneheadedness has arrested our development. they didnt even pick patchell and jamie davies for the summer tour original squad. they did the same wasting james hook. As for the championship. I think scotland v england is the ***le decider. I think wales will win in ireland as north liam williams faletau and possibly biggar will all come into the 23. Though Id stick with patch at 10 and put steff evans to the bench. I dont think the irish will handle that welsh back line especially if the mighty faletau is back leading the troops. England were far from great but their kicking was very good, they did just enough

It's going to be another really competitive game, Ireland looked good in patches yesterday but will be more up for the game in two weeks. Much like this game, the home side will be favourites but Wales will be looking to secure a difficult away win... hoping it is as good a contest as yesterday regardless of the result.

Decent offering from Wales considering a lot of first choice key positions missing with biggar / Webb/ L.williams I think we would of run out winners , well nevertheless for team that was 1/6 we gave them a fright ...

Not gonna get involved in the try debacle and hope scrum v don't dwell too much on this .

Key thing to take out of this is the bonus point and we go to Dublin with a good chance of remaining in this competition , I have a suspicion the Scots may do the business at home in 2 weeks !

Wow EJ was ****** at the radio 5 live guys , bit uncalled for and unprofessional

Consider Sonja had been badgering to claim the Welsh try was a try and the TMO was wrong, I'm not surprised.
Yeah saw the interview before the Scotland match he quite clearly wasn't going to be drawn on it and gave a fair it wentnour way so who gives damn answer. However Sonja wouldn't even give up after the third try.

Yeah saw the interview before the Scotland match he quite clearly wasn't going to be drawn on it and gave a fair it wentnour way so who gives damn answer. However Sonja wouldn't even give up after the third try.

She's an awful pundit.

Latest posts