• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] Italy vs Wales (Round 5)

Barely any Welsh supporters on this thread, it's just a load of hate against the Welsh when you read it from a few threads back to here. Absolutely pathetic.

On the game - Fantastic attacking performance by Wales in the second half, they deserve the applause. It's going to be a nail biting afternoon from now!

Have not noticed any hatred?

It was a good attacking performance but you have to measure that against the quality of the opposition which got weaker and weaker and weaker!!

Barely any Welsh supporters on this thread, just the usual anti Welsh hate. Absolutely pathetic.

tumblr_m17ncxgBdw1qzofaho1_500.jpg

;)

Incredible performance. After the first half I thought you might win by about 15 but to put on the points they did was incredible

I think that Williams should start over Halfpenny, to be honest. Slightly worse kicking/reading on defence, but attacking play is far far better, and Biggar's kicking is international standard, so no real drop off in kicking (especially as Halfpenny misses one or two a tournament now :p) - the only issue would be who goes to the wing? Cuthbert is terrible.

Maybe even move Halfpenny back to wing? Always liked him there, but it's been a while.

Ive been watching rugby for a long long time and can say that I can't think of many better halves of attacking rugby than that. Not just in Wales colours but in general terms, yes the oposition were poor but we still had to create and finish off the chances which we did.

Ive been watching rugby for a long long time and can say that I can't think of many better halves of attacking rugby than that. Not just in Wales colours but in general terms, yes the oposition were poor but we still had to create and finish off the chances which we did.
Eng V NZ two years ago? You were playing against 14 men for 20 mins and it was real poor opposition. Great performance but I've seen plenty of games where teams playing as bad as Italy have been totalled like that.

Eng V NZ two years ago? You were playing against 14 men for 20 mins and it was real poor opposition. Great performance but I've seen plenty of games where teams playing as bad as Italy have been totalled like that.

Yeah I'd put that half up there. What to me that made this one special was that it came from nowhere really, we didn't look that dangerous 1st half and that it came when we really needed it. In the past we've had similar scenarios and not lived up to requirements. We did today in devatsting fashion. We'd have run round many teams playing like that.

If you can find it, watch Leicester v Biarritz in the H Cup 2005 when both sides were in their pomp and BO destroyed them in the first half and then hung on in the second!!!

That was high class attacking against a really great team!!

http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/16808.php

Yeah I'd put that half up there. What to me that made this one special was that it came from nowhere really, we didn't look that dangerous 1st half and that it came when we really needed it. In the past we've had similar scenarios and not lived up to requirements. We did today in devatsting fashion. We'd have run round many teams playing like that.

Just because a team played badly and then changed to their normal standards against a horrible outfit doesn't make it one of the best second halves of. Wales played well, as expected, but Italy were diabolical, it was actually one of the worst second half performances I've seen after they looked quite competent against a Wales side not up to scratch in the first half.

Is it the fact that it was Wales that won so well or is it the fact the 6N isn't so easy to win as it looked this morning that has annoyed the England fans?

Had England done that sort of performance (which they didnt against an Italy team who were crap all tournament, not as if they were suddenly poor) then you'd be demanding they hand the goddamn World Cup over now.

@TRF_SelimNiai Remember Wales cannot play well ... just the opposition capitulated and allowed Wales to score tries, nothing to do with the fact they might have played well.

Last edited by a moderator:
No doubt but the margin of victory is because how badly Italy played. Against most other sides it would be a 21+ victory as you'd never had to deal with defensive frailties like that.

Good complete performance but a better even attacking victory would be against England 2 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it the fact that it was Wales that won so well or is it the fact the 6N isn't so easy to win as it looked this morning that has annoyed the England fans?

Had England done that sort of performance (which they didnt against an Italy team who were crap all tournament, not as if they were suddenly poor) then you'd be demanding they hand the goddamn World Cup over now.
Not against Italy we wouldn't. Beating bottom tier 1 sides no matter how completely is nothing to brag about.

@TRF_SelimNiai Remember Wales cannot play well ... just the opposition capitulated and allowed Wales to score tries, nothing to do with the fact they might have played well.

Ah I see it here in the "Ingerland fanz guyde to rugbee". Its on page 21 "If any ovvur team winz againzt a lower ranked countree, ezpecially if they iz wareing red, then itz coz the opponunt waz capitullatted and not coz the winning side wuz good. Unless its Ingerland who winz, then it was all skillz"

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh I do think they played well after the arrival of Scott Williams but would not go totally overboard as it was greatly amplified by the way in which the Italians capitulated....but Wales did what England and Ireland failed to do, which was to be clinical and take the chances they either created or were given to them!

Ah I see it here in the "Ingerland fanz guyde to rugbee". Its on page 21 "If any ovvur team winz againzt a lower ranked countree, ezpecially if they iz wareing red, then itz coz the opponunt waz capitullatted and not coz the winning side wuz good. Unless its Ingerland who winz, then it was all skillz"
Whilst I know this is tounge in cheek. I think there is quite a bit of pot kettle here.

Latest posts