• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] England vs France (Round 5)

LiRFCMatt

Bench Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Irish
My prediction:

England vs France: 27 - 15

In the last game of the weekend, England will know exactly what is required in order to win. Cipriani could have a massive role and become an English hero out there if England need that extra 7/10 points with 15 minutes less. France were uninspiring as they cruised to victory against Italy, but they did secure a 29 point victory in Rome. They will have some confidence going in to the game, especially with the Yoann Maestri try and the impressive debut of Naikataci on the wing. England will win at the weekend, spurred on home by the home crowd. Nowell looked very dangerous on the wing, and Courtney Lawes impressed on his return to the international stage, both make it into our team of the week, which will be up in the near future.

"You never know which French team will turn up. On their day they can beat anyone," Haskell said.

Yawn . Got anymore clichés for us there Haskell?

Is that not true?
France are equally likely to be effing terrible or effing brilliant.
Cipriani could have a massive role and become an English hero out there if England need that extra 7/10 points with 15 minutes less.

Implying he'll get more than 180 seconds of game time...

England will win it, but not by much. Who's the ref?

Nigel Owens.

I know you have the cliche of which France will turn up but I think you can just as well ask which England will turn up. Will we see the England from the 2nd half against Wales or will we see an England with the defense from the Italy game and the attack from the Ireland game? I think England have a greater range of possible performances, I think our best will beat the French best but our worst will lose to the French worst.

its hardly 50 50 for which france will turn up

maybe 80% awful france

its hardly 50 50 for which france will turn up

maybe 80% awful france

I agree. If the France team from 5 years ago turns up then we're in business but that's not happening.
Over the last four years we have been uncharacteristically consistent... consistently bad and the beloved stereotype of the French team that could switch it on at a moments notice just just doesn't exist anymore

I hope they prove me wrong... Please please please prove me wrong!!!!

I agree. If the France team from 5 years ago turns up then we're in business but that's not happening.
Over the last four years we have been uncharacteristically consistent... consistently bad  and the beloved stereotype of the French team that could switch it on at a moments notice just just doesn't exist anymore

I hope they prove me wrong... Please please please prove me wrong!!!!

You lot managed it last year, it cost us the grand slam.

The Stereotype doesn't even work at all anymore, to be honest.

At the moment France are neither sublime nor awful; they're just average, speckled with bits of the sublime and the awful in equal measure.

I think we will win this game, but not by enough to beat Ireland. They only have to win by 5 points more than us, Scotland won't over a lot of threat and I see Ireland winning by 13-17 points. I see us winning by around 6 points.

The only difference today is that it is England, although France have been fairly crap throughout the PSA reign there is something always a little more special with the last match at Twickers, France have been known to cause upsets before, i still think England will win and without massive problems but if Lady Luck is on your side who knows. England are by far the better side but France just love upsetting the Rosbifs its in their waters.!!!! and with the win against Italy although not brilliant, there is a little more confidence on the horizon.....

Nigel Owens.

I know you have the cliche of which France will turn up but I think you can just as well ask which England will turn up. Will we see the England from the 2nd half against Wales or will we see an England with the defense from the Italy game and the attack from the Ireland game? I think England have a greater range of possible performances, I think our best will beat the French best but our worst will lose to the French worst.

According to the site its Steve Walsh

ROUND 5: Italy v Wales, Stadio Olimpico (Chris Pollock); Scotland v Ireland, Murrayfield (Jerome Garces); England v France, Twickenham (Steve Walsh)

According to the site its Steve Walsh

ROUND 5: Italy v Wales, Stadio Olimpico (Chris Pollock); Scotland v Ireland, Murrayfield (Jerome Garces); England v France, Twickenham (Steve Walsh)

In that case, congratulations on winning the championship, Wales!

Does anyone know if there's a sort of referee points / ranking system used to determine which officials get the top games?

Seem to be reports that Parling and Youngs will start in the pack, with Corbs and Wood also possibilities. Not sure if there'll be any changes in the backs though.

Seem to be reports that Parling and Youngs will start in the pack, with Corbs and Wood also possibilities. Not sure if there'll be any changes in the backs though.

I'll take those changes to be honest... Parling offers a lot around the field and was lively off the bench... Youngs is a bold call to be honest because if his throwing is askew, and if we get beasted at scrum time, we won't win the game, let alone get the points we need.

I hope Corbs doesn't replace Mako who i think has really offered a good ball carrying option when he inevitably enters the fray at 55 minutes on the dot.
50 / 50 on Wood - Haskell has dropped off a bit from where he started against Wales but does he deserve dropping? Meh

Does anyone know if there's a sort of referee points / ranking system used to determine which officials get the top games?
Yup likelyhood of England winning is directly proportional to the likelyhood of Walsh reffing the last game.

To be fair that was less French brilliance and some insane bounces of a rugby ball.

The earlier ones were insane bounces for sure - but the last try was brilliant. Albeit enabled by Lancasters inspired decision to have no back 3 cover and to therefore have to stick Burrell on the wing, defending against some very talented international WINGERS who play there every week...

Honestly though can't see us winning this championship. Ireland SHOULD beat Scotland by more than we beat France (if we win) and I suspect the difference between those margin of victories will be greater than 4. We'll regret not taking our chances and supporting our breaks better in the last two matches but hopefully against France we'll show we can do that.

- - - Updated - - -

The earlier ones were insane bounces for sure - but the last try was brilliant. Albeit enabled by Lancasters inspired decision to have no back 3 cover and to therefore have to stick Burrell on the wing, defending against some very talented international WINGERS who play there every week...
Aye but would of France been anywhere close in that game if not for those bounces and therefore scored that try? I doubt it. Lost the game in the opening 20minuites....wait I'm seeing a theme....

Latest posts