• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Six Nations 2018] Round 2: England vs Wales (10/02/2018)

So you count a game where Lancaster completely bottled it and changed the entire team setup and a series of games from 5+ years ago as proof that Wales are currently a superior side? Wales have lost as many games in the last year as England have in the last 5. The current England squad hold every single NH team record. By what metric are Wales better? 2 wins in 5 years against England?
lol where the heck do you get 5? The world cup was just over 2 years ago? with many of the same players

lol where the heck do you get 5? The world cup was just over 2 years ago? with many of the same players

Which 5? You have beaten us 2 times in 5 years (the world cup and 2013). Wales have lost 6 games in the last year, England have lost 6 games in 4 years so counted that a bit wrong. Similar players for Wales but not for England. Of the 23 players in that game, 9 have little to no presence in the England squad any more. If we say how many of the England squad started in the same position in 2018 as 2015 world cup you get 5 players out of 15. Some started both games but in a different position (Farrell and Lawes). You have an extremely broad definition of "the same".

Which 5? You have beaten us 2 times in 5 years (the world cup and 2013). Wales have lost 6 games in the last year, England have lost 6 games in 4 years so counted that a bit wrong. Similar players for Wales but not for England. Of the 23 players in that game, 9 have little to no presence in the England squad any more. If we say how many of the England squad started in the same position in 2018 as 2015 world cup you get 5 players out of 15. Some started both games but in a different position (Farrell and Lawes). You have an extremely broad definition of "the same".

Don't entertain them with a response. I've bitten once, the game is gone.

Tbh I think enough has been made about the decision and it is over. I remember when Mike Phillips took a quick line out against Ireland and the touch judge said it was the same ball when it clearly wasn't. You can't change it now. What I don't like is how Howley supposedly had a private conversation with Rolland about the try and then he publicly states what Rolland supposedly told him. I think WR were forced to issue a statement because of Howley. It sets a terrible precedent for the future and makes referees jobs a lot harder. It also smacks of sour grapes and Howley probably trying to cover up his own failings as attack coach.

Wales were definitely better than Stuart Lancasters England . You won 2 six nations to our 0 in that time and beat us at the World Cup but Wales are vastly inferior to Eddie Jones' England . Again proven by the fact we have won 2 six nations in a row and 24 out of 25 games and 4 in a row vs Wales since Eddie took over

How do you not get that ? There's literally no point in bringing Stuart Lancaster's England team into the equation . In my opinion that would be similar to comparing Manchester City pre and post Sheik Mansour .....

I don't know the question used but how is "it should have been a try because the referee asked the wrong question" the same as "it should have been a try"? We have evidence there was a knock on therefore it should never have been a try. We could then go and whinge to the WR saying the TMO should be investigated for not spotting the knock on. Literally EXACTLY what Wales have done.

Just to point out this is now the 3rd year in a row in which Welsh fans have claimed the entire reason England won was down to a single decision (either by players or officials) and tbh it is pretty arrogant.

2016 - North not being in touch (fair enough) but following up with the claim it was a guaranteed try afterwards when Webb had just run down a dead end facing 2 English forwards 2m from the side lines with no room to maneuver.

2017 - JD2's clearance kick. Again little credit to England for the counter attack and the claim that if it had gone straight out it was a Wales win.

2018 - A 50/50 try early in the game that alone wouldn't have been enough to change the result anyway being used to claim Wales would have gone on to win.

This of course ignoring Wales getting an illegal try and the whole stupid tunnel situation in 2015 and the roof nonsense in 2017. Every single year we are getting this idiotic behaviour coming from Wales in this fixture and it's wearing extremely thin. Oh add to that Biggar *****ing like crazy and more whinging about a try decision in the game before England went to Australia and Wales to New Zealand. Just one year I'd like a Wales - England game where the only drama is the rugby result and not the petulant behaviour we have seen in recent years.

Yeah nah that's rubbish - the only people claiming anything remotely close to that are people who have very little knowledge of rugby, and are vastly in the minority (especially on here).

2016 - North being called in touch was bloody frustrating, but I don't remember seeing much about it being a clear cut try after? From what I remember the frustration was at a terrible touch judge call at a period when we had a silly amount of momentum behind us having already scored 3 tries to come back from what looked like a hammering. Most Welsh fans lamented the shocking 60 mins or so before that where England dominated us, and Wales only decided to turn up at the end, a recurring theme as a Welsh fan. In fact I specifically remember @dullonien (I think) saying something along the lines of "why did Wales even risk going wide then?"

2017 Yes Welsh fans lamented the poor JD2 clearence, but people said that because you simply can't kick like that to an England team who can counter attack with likes of Ford, Farrell and Daly - especially with Cuthbert defending Daly... A better touch finder may have secured the win for us, or at the very least not give dangerous England backline the perfect invite to run straight at us... I'd call that crediting England and not arrogant in the slightest? :rolleyes:

2018 - It was frustrating that the based on the TMO's decision on the grounding alone that the try wasn't given - but vast majority of Welsh fans (especially on here) haven't put that down as the reason for us losing, and have focused on the lack of clinical finishing compared to England? I place far more emphasis on Shingler daftly kicking the ball / the Scott Williams chance costing us a chance at victory than the non try - as have most Welsh fans from what I've seen...

Sorry if being annoyed at mistakes by our own bloody team mistakes and dodgy ref calls makes us arrogant

Tunnel incident - Robshaw and England played just as much of a part in that farce, so don't pretend you lot are whiter than white (pun intended...), especially considering the utterly classless comments Eddie Jones spews on a week in week out basis!

PLEASE NOTE - None of this applies to everyone's favourite Ponty fans, VC - according to him I'm practically English because I'm from Cardiff and have a hatred for WalesOnline's rugby coverage :rolleyes: wouldn't base much on his opinion...

Hoping that Scotland pick this team-

15. Hogg
14. Seymour
13. Jones
12. Scott
11. Maitland
10. Russell
9. Laidlaw
1. Reid
2. McInally
3. Berghan
4. Gray
5. Gilchrist
6. Barclay
7. Watson
8. Denton

This XV will have to play out of their skins. Horne has been too much of a defensive liability and Scott will bring go forward. Bit harsh on Wilson but need Denton's carries in the heavy traffic. Unfortunately think Townsend will go the opposite way on both these selections.

Latest posts