• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sharks!

Wandile Mjekevu has gone to Perpignan.

He scored this phenomenal hat trick on his professional debut aged just 19 (the step for the last try especially magic), then has done precisely nothing ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, he was a pretty hot player in a **** Lions team.
Big wing, very young, hello Warren!

Paul Jordaan also crocked and out for the season

Damn, I've only seen him play a couple of times, but that kid really impressed me.

He hasn't been as great this season, but I'd hardly say its fair to judge him looking at the rest of our team.
Lindeque to outside centre?

Question. How did a guy from Wales end up supporting the Sharks?

Question. How did a guy from Wales end up supporting the Sharks?

How does a man from South Africa not support the Sharks? ;)

Saffa family (Durban). When I started watching SH rugby I focused on the Sharks due to the ties, and just ended up enjoying them so much. I remember getting odd looks when I was supporting a team with Andy Goode in it. Wondered the same myself.

"
Coach Plumtree said that certain Sharks players had let themselves down with the performance.
"There's some individuals there that just let themselves down big time," he said.
"This week we talked about how important our defence would be but there's one or two players out there that are just out of form.
"There's some things that we can change, but there's some things we can't change because of the situation we've got with injuries, so we just have to keep boxing on."
Looking ahead at the Sharks chances of reaching the play offs in July Plumtree admitted it was over for his team.
"I think we're dead now," he said.
"It's just been a terrible season for us."

Who would he be referring to here, the matchday 22 perhaps?

I have no knowledge of the South African social background, but it reminds me of the time PI players were blamed for the Blues' poor season last year. The Blues have more PI and Maori players than ever this season, yet they're doing better than anyone thought. Was there an influx of Africaans players in the Sharks this year? If not, I find it hard to believe that they are to blame for the Sharks' performance.

I have no knowledge of the South African social background, but it reminds me of the time PI players were blamed for the Blues' poor season last year. The Blues have more PI and Maori players than ever this season, yet they're doing better than anyone thought. Was there an influx of Africaans players in the Sharks this year? If not, I find it hard to believe that they are to blame for the Sharks' performance.

Franco van der Merwe, Derick Minnie, Andries Coetzee, JC Janse van Rensburg on loan, Pieter Steph du Toit has cracked the first team.
Doesn't really make sense.

http://www.beeld.com/sport/2013-05-13-haaie-twis-oor-taal

Daniel says there are too many Afrikaans; some factions in the team as well.
Plum and Straeuli could be gone soon...

I'd bring in Campo again. How about Ewan McKenzie for the forwards? Oh god, too many Australians, this is a stadium not a jail.

This just confirms what a **** Daniels really is!! I have never liked the little *******.

Saying those things are sure to stir **** up. Don't be surprised if they ask him to ****-off to PE and be Luke Twatson's (F)Suckbuddy.

If Daniel doesn't have a blue eye the next time I see him on tv, I will be dissapointed in guys like: Jannie/Bismarck, PSdT, Anton Bresler, Franco van Der Merwe, Jean Deysel, Willem Alberts, Jacques Botes, Cobus Reinach, Frans Steyn, Paul Jordaan, JP Pietersen, Riaan Viljoen, Louis Ludik... you get the picture...

Franco van der Merwe, Derick Minnie, Andries Coetzee, JC Janse van Rensburg on loan, Pieter Steph du Toit has cracked the first team.
Doesn't really make sense.

Right, I forgot about the on-loan players, and I was wondering how player composition could be so different from last year.

When things ain't going well one tends to look for excuses. Bet you if the most plank Afrikaners there had to be the best players and winning matches none of this will have ever surfaced
Sad to say but to "create" a new culture I reckon the Management team needs to be changed - too long - same old same old
Stormers not far behind

Last edited:
Seems this story might be a non event. You never know I suppose.
Regardless, a major change in management/leadership is needed.

See they are shooting this down heavy in the media

This just confirms what a **** Daniels really is!! I have never liked the little *******.

Saying those things are sure to stir **** up. Don't be surprised if they ask him to ****-off to PE and be Luke Twatson's (F)Suckbuddy.

If Daniel doesn't have a blue eye the next time I see him on tv, I will be dissapointed in guys like: Jannie/Bismarck, PSdT, Anton Bresler, Franco van Der Merwe, Jean Deysel, Willem Alberts, Jacques Botes, Cobus Reinach, Frans Steyn, Paul Jordaan, JP Pietersen, Riaan Viljoen, Louis Ludik... you get the picture...
To be fair on Daniels that article doesn't have any direct quotes of him being anti-afrikaans. Just that he felt isolated, and that the team was becoming cliquey(word?). Wouldn't be surprised if this was blown out of proportion.

In any case looks like Mallet rejected the offer http://www.rugby365.com/article/54474-mallett-rejects-sharks-offer pity for the Sharks IMO as I've always rated him, and wouldn't mind seeing him at the Stormers but it sounds like he's happy to fool about on SS and try for another international coaching gig after 2015.

Latest posts