• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sharks!

Golden Lions:
15. Chrysander Botha, 14. Ruan Combrinck, 13. Stokkies Hanekom, 12. Alwyn Hollenbach, 11. Anthony Volmink, 10. Marnitz Boshoff, 9. Ross Cronje, 8. Willie Britz, 7. Derick Minnie, 6. Warwick Tecklenburg, 5. Hugo Kloppers, 4. Hendrik Roodt, 3. Julian Redelinghuys, 2. Francois du Toit, 1. JC Janse van Rensburg (captain)

Substitutes: 16. Robbie Coetzee, 17. CJ van der Linde, 18. Gavin Annandale, 19. Lambert Groenewald, 20. Michael Bondesio, 21. Dylan des Fountain, 22. Deon van Rensburg

Sharks:
15. Riaan Viljoen, 14. Odwa Ndungane, 13. Louis Ludik, 12. Heimar Williams, 11. Sean Robinson, 10. Butch James, 9. Charl McLeod, 8. Tera Mtembu, 7. Jean Deysel, 6. Keegan Daniel (captain), 5. Jandre Marais, 4. Edwin Hewitt, 3. Wiehahn Herbst, 2. Kyle Cooper, 1. Dale Chadwick

Substitutes: 16. Monde Hadebe, 17. Allan Dell, 18. Brynard Stander, 19. Khaya Majola, 20. Cobus Reinach, 21. Fred Zeilinga, 22. Tyler Fisher

rtjj94.png

Ludik at outside centre. Two years ago I'd have loved that.
I think Peet is injured, hope he recovers soon. I knew than Jan Andre would leave, probably because of v/d Merwe or something.
Bresler-du Toit with Peet on the bench going forward.

I had completely forgotten about Groenewald. He was one of the 'next big thing players' right?

@Sif, he was one of the 22 year old U20s right?

Lambert Groenewald is one of the many, many players who just didn't make the cut with the Sharks. Monty Dumond, Riaan Swanepoel, Rosco Speckman. Sometimes players just don't make it. However, Groen was a big talent but got over-shadowed by Coetzee.

Groenewald plays for Brescia now, in Italy.

When did Lambert return to SA? He is on the bench. Did he ever play S14 for us?

He played in the season opener in 2011, when we beat the Blues at home. He came on for Kankowski and played only 5 minutes.

This is the first I've heard of him being back in SA. I think his contract with Brescia ended.

Damn totally forgot about today's match...:mad:
I see we dominated the first half but the Blues are 3 ahead.

Well, I completely slept through this, but good result.
Sure we blew a lead, but the Blues have been chasing the finals and certainly a better side than last year, and us this year (also our midfield consisted of a fullback playing his first full game after injury, and an old standoff playing his first S15 in a year and only one match prior this season).

Heard goo things about Tendai and Jannie. Every time people get to Jannie, he pulls out one of these. I'd like a statue of the bloke outside of Kings Park, what a player!

There is rumour doing the Rounds that the Du Plessis brother have a clause in their contract that stipulates that if John Plumtree vacates his post, they have the choice of ending their contract and that Toulon is in talks with both of them...

Once again, this is just a rumour, and it could all just be BS.

The Sharks have fought off the advances of the Bulls and WP to keep Pieter Steph du Toit for two more years!
Great news, I really like the bloke. Still gutted about losing Jan Andre, hope we use Peet during the CC more.

Discussions ongoing but the general idea is that things are in favour of them staying.
also heard Franco van der Merwe would like to stay.

John Smit said it in now up to SA Rugby to keep Bismark in SA, indicating they can't offer him any more money that they already do

Latest posts