• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sharks!

Come on Eze, you have had all winter to recover from the excitement of last year.
Back five forward positions are really up for grabs. We have some relative depth, but much of it is reliant upon younger players (Marais, du Toit, Coetzee, Mtembu, et al).

Sharks Super Rugby squad:

FORWARDS:

Willem Alberts
Jacques Botes
Anton Bresler
Craig Burden
Dale Chadwick
Marcell Coetzee
Kyle Cooper
Keegan Daniel
Allan Dell
Jean Deysel
Bismarck du Plessis
Jannie du Plessis
Pieter Steph du Toit
Monde Hadebe
Ryan Kankowski
Peet Marais
Tendai Mtawarira
Tera Mtembu
Franco van der Merwe

BACKS:

Meyer Bosman
Butch James
Paul Jordaan
Patrick Lambie
Louis Ludik
Charl McLeod
Lwazi Mvovo
Odwa Ndungane
JP Pietersen
Cobus Reinach
Sibusiso Sithole
Francois Steyn
Riaan Viljoen
Tim Whitehead

Sharks Super Rugby squad:

FORWARDS:

Willem Alberts
Jacques Botes
Anton Bresler
Craig Burden
Dale Chadwick
Marcell Coetzee
Kyle Cooper
Keegan Daniel
Allan Dell
Jean Deysel
Bismarck du Plessis
Jannie du Plessis
Pieter Steph du Toit
Monde Hadebe
Ryan Kankowski
Peet Marais
Tendai Mtawarira
Tera Mtembu
Franco van der Merwe

BACKS:

Meyer Bosman
Butch James
Paul Jordaan
Patrick Lambie
Louis Ludik
Charl McLeod
Lwazi Mvovo
Odwa Ndungane
JP Pietersen
Cobus Reinach
Sibusiso Sithole
Francois Steyn
Riaan Viljoen
Tim Whitehead

Only 2 Scrummies??

Well,

We had Hoffmann, but he retired. We had Michalak but he's back in France. All we have is a knock-on junkie and a talented youngster (who will surprise everyone). We have some other kids in the U21 team but we desperately need either Pienaar or Kockott to return and give us some experience at 9. Despite that, I still think the Sharks are favorites to win the SA conference and have a good run this year.

Ohw, and I was really surprised to see Jandre Marais not in the squad. Have to find out what's going on there.

Well,

We had Hoffmann, but he retired. We had Michalak but he's back in France. All we have is a knock-on junkie and a talented youngster (who will surprise everyone). We have some other kids in the U21 team but we desperately need either Pienaar or Kockott to return and give us some experience at 9. Despite that, I still think the Sharks are favorites to win the SA conference and have a good run this year.

Ohw, and I was really surprised to see Jandre Marais not in the squad. Have to find out what's going on there.

I just hope this doesn't come back and bite you later on in the season... having only 2 scrumhalves in a squad is looking for trouble.

Also sorry to see that your lovechild Brynard didn't make the cut either...

Yeah, but to be honest. He didn't stand a chance. He is a blindside flanker and has to compete with 3 Springboks: Alberts, Deysel and Coetzee. Next year, he will get his chance. For now, I still have my Coetzee Crush, I am still a Lambie Lunatic and I will Always be Kanko Krazy

Well not Butch right now, he had a scope done on his knee, if all goes well only 2 weeks out

We have Bosman. No worries there. Butch can teach Lambie some things maybe. I am not a fan of him, but a 6 month contract is not the worst thing in the world.

Bosman and Viljoen are capable of covering outside half.
We need to work on developing Lambie as well as du Plessis.

Well, Willem Alberts will miss the first 4 weeks of Super Rugby. Excellent. Now we can see a back-row of Botes, Coetzee and Kanko with Deysel on the bench.

Jan Andre Marais has left for France.
A huge loss. Much greater prospect than Bresler and van der Merwe. Not a bag fan of either, pretty one dimensional.
With any luck we keep a hold of Peet and PSdT and the second row du Preez (Daniel) develops and stays in Natal.

Plenty of news coming out of Durban today!
Sean Robinson (former U19 wing) will start v Stormers, great to see internal promotion.
The biggest story is that of our new CEO, John Smit. Brian van Zyl is expected to step down in February, but could leave as soon as July. I really like Smit and it will be great to see his passion for the Sharks again. Welcome home big man.

Plenty of news coming out of Durban today!
Sean Robinson (former U19 wing) will start v Stormers, great to see internal promotion.
The biggest story is that of our new CEO, John Smit. Brian van Zyl is expected to step down in February, but could leave as soon as July. I really like Smit and it will be great to see his passion for the Sharks again. Welcome home big man.

Yeah i read that article on Sharksworld too today. Nothing confirmed yet, you will have to wait and see what happens at the next board meeting.

Forwards
1. Anton Bresler
2. Craig Burden
3. Marcell Coetzee
4. Kyle Cooper
5. Keegan Daniel
6. Allan Dell
7. Jean Deysel
8. Jannie du Plessis
9. Pieter-Steph du Toit
10. Derick Minnie
11. Wiehahn Herbst
12. Tendai Mtawarira
13. Lubabalo Mtembu
14. Franco van der Merwe
Backs
1. Meyer Bosman
2. Andries Coetzee
3. Paul Jordaan
4. Patrick Lambie
5. Piet Lindeque
6. Charl McLeod
7. Odwa Ndungane
8. JP Pietersen
9. Cobus Reinach
10. Sean Robinson
11. Francois Steyn
12. Riaan Viljoen

Sharks touring squad.
Derick Minnie has joined Andries Coetzee from the Lions. Kankowski has been omitted, while JP is expected to play some part in the tour despite missing the upcoming match v Cheetahs due to injury.

Latest posts