• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Wales vs Fiji (10/09/2023)

I have no idea about this. Is Tela any good? Playing for the Drua he should at least have an okayish standard and know what is expected of him in replacing teammate Muntz. Will Fiji struggle against Biggar's aerial game?

If Fiji do okay in terms of the above I have to pick them given the heat. They are having success with very conservative, high percentage passes that should stick even in sweaty conditions. I can see Wales wilting in the sunshine against the physical challenge. First time I've been gutted to see no Halfpenny at fullback.

I would pick Wales by 10+ in normal conditions

Wales 22 - 27 Fiji

Very long way ahead but I've got money on the Welsh ending Irish hopes in the semi. I decided the Irish would hate being knocked out by the Welsh more than any other team

Onboard the Fiji train for this one. Because, you know, **** Wales.

Fresh off a historic win against England, looking better than they probably ever have (with Wales going the other way) and genuinely having one of the best players in the world in Radradra - real chance I for an upset I think.
Wouldn't be an upset in world rugby . Fiji 7th , Wales 10th in world rankings.

I have no idea about this. Is Tela any good? Playing for the Drua he should at least have an okayish standard and know what is expected of him in replacing teammate Muntz. Will Fiji struggle against Biggar's aerial game?

If Fiji do okay in terms of the above I have to pick them given the heat. They are having success with very conservative, high percentage passes that should stick even in sweaty conditions. I can see Wales wilting in the sunshine against the physical challenge. First time I've been gutted to see no Halfpenny at fullback.

I would pick Wales by 10+ in normal conditions

Wales 22 - 27 Fiji
Gat's/WRU may have got the WC preparation spot on here though. Their training camps were gruelling in Switzerland and Turkey, in very hot conditions. Have to wait and see though.

I think this could be one of those games that ends up being really fun to watch. Fiji are on a huge high, and Wales trying to start strong.

Well this is a classic Wales WC match, the times we've come into these things with no hope or form I've lost count of, and I don't think anyone really knows how Wales will approach the tournament. I think the defence will be decent, there'll be some loose forward offload play looking for gaps at the base but it'll mainly be Biggar pulling the strings on a high ball game.

The big disappointment for me is Tompkins and North. That partnership hasn't worked at all in any game they've been in. I'd have take a shot with J.Williams and Grady or something different as this isn't a combo that will help win a knock out game if they get there.

Well this is a classic Wales WC match, the times we've come into these things with no hope or form I've lost count of, and I don't think anyone really knows how Wales will approach the tournament. I think the defence will be decent, there'll be some loose forward offload play looking for gaps at the base but it'll mainly be Biggar pulling the strings on a high ball game.

The big disappointment for me is Tompkins and North. That partnership hasn't worked at all in any game they've been in. I'd have take a shot with J.Williams and Grady or something different as this isn't a combo that will help win a knock out game if they get there.
I agree re Tompkins but he's probably our best defensive 12 which is probably why he's in. Don't forget Gatland doesn't really care about any kind of attacking rugby.

I'd usually want Fiji to win this but I hate sides taking advantage of nation switching rules....which both have
So....0-0 draw?
Both teams get enough players red carded so that the game is abandoned?

I'll just try and enjoy the rugby :p

Latest posts