• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] England vs Japan (17/09/2023)

I remember a little while ago (2 months or so) I made a fairly detailed post saying that Stuart was actually a very decent tighthead option who I had quite a lot of hope for.

I apologise for wasting the time of the people who read it.
This is the thing though it's surely too much of a coincidence that every player we once had hope for has petered out into mediocrity.... Surely?

If Japan were playing any non-Tier1 side I would want them hammered for this. Samoa did not look great (or entertaining) but must have a chance in this group.

Japan are defending okay and their selection is focussed on physicality but it is so dull.

Congrats to England for almost kind of showing up in the last 10mins and a nice try there.

As a side note: at least the French are proud enough to carry out the announcements in their own language as well as English. Contrast that with the European Nations Cup match between Croatia and Spain hosted in the Netherlands which was done entirely in English, with no hint of Dutch (or Croat or Spanish) at all.

Steward has looked short of confidence and form. Should get used more offensively. He's a big unit any other team would use him running onto the ball more.

I just realised we could actually get a try BP with another one. I hadn't even considered that as a possibility.

Latest posts