• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Japan vs Samoa (28/09/2023)

Samoa have looked good in patches when they've been direct. Discipline has let them down.

Good match overall. Figured it would be.

Argentina vs. Japan looks like the one to watch next week.

I was thinking this, I personally think the bunker system if done well is good for the game, but the idea that a referee never again hands out a red card but leaves it to the TMO seems odd to me.
Why should they? From now on they don't have to take any responsibility for their decisions.

None if them have to balls to make the decision.

Weird game that. Japan looked good 15 on 15 but then Samoa went more direct and they looked a bit ropey. I just wish Samoa and Tonga wouldn't beat themselves with indiscipline - it's so frustrating. They should take a leaf out of Fiji's book. Lower penalty and card counts and they would win games with some of the talent they have got.

Why should they? From now on they don't have to take any responsibility for their decisions.

None if them have to balls to make the decision.
They always took an absolute age to make one. I'm happy with this world free of 5+ minutes of replays so that SA forwards can have yet another rest.

They always took an absolute age to make one. I'm happy with this world free of 5+ minutes of replays so that SA forwards can have yet another rest.
Only problem is blind tmo and ref don't spot SA offences and stop to investigate them 🤔😎

I thought Samoa were really lethargic throughout this WC, with none of the explosive play that we were used too, any else read it like this? In the Argie game they were literally unable to even catch and do the basics. I wondered if they have been overly trained on the pedantic NH style of pods, hit ups, phases, etc. and whether it has resulted in their brains turning off.

The only time I saw a glimpse of the old Samoa was in the last 20 minutes of the Japan game, when it was fairly certain that their WC was over. Was it a case of the players deciding to throw away the coaches game plan and just play naturally?

Japan were full value for their win, despite the late try by Samoa, and tense last few minutes. I'm not impressed by Samoa at all. They bring physicality, but even that was neutralised. Japan were good to watch.

Latest posts