• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] England vs Argentina (09/09/2023)

Oh cmon you can't even wait for the guy to land these days and allow for some awkward positioning.

Difficult one this. Fast situation, Curry gone in with the head as time his dip wrong, but then the change of height of the ball carrier could be a mitigation. Difficult call.

I think there will be mitigation to keep it a yellow but we cant be sure

I think it's a red if he's on the ground but with him coming down it should be mitigation. Curry did the right thing by waiting for him to hit the ground he just hit the wrong target.

Reality is there isn't a change of height or direction. Either he takes him in the air or he hits him in the head. I don't see that as mitigation as the player is essentially standing up. Curry has mistimed it, but that's his mistake.

It's just ridiculous, how can you get ready to go low when someone is coming from the air
Curry was static and the Arg player fell into him.
Surely there must be some responsibility from the catcher.

Earl's shooting out of the line like De Klerk and leaving gaps everywhere

Mixed feelings - in the one hand I think it's just a rugby incident that shouldn't rely be a card. Equally, look at the number of reds in the last number of games and it's clearly something about us that we're not managing- we know how the game is refereed now.

Seriously? That is clutching at straws. The guy jumping in the air has to look at who might tackle him and adjust if he's static?
See my issue is Curry has done the bit we keep telling players to do. Anticipate the player will jump and wait for him to land.

He's also clear attempted to make a legit tackle.

We really need a point it's a rugby incident.

Latest posts