• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Australia vs Georgia (09/09/2023)

The perfect game for Australia really. Georgia will make them work for it but this should be a relatively comfortable win to go into the Fiji game with. I wouldn't rule out a Georgia win, though, and I definitely see them getting a big result this group but think it will be Fiji. Surely they can't beat us twice in a row.

Contrary to the tweet he's taking a risk bizarrely playing Donaldson over Kellaway.

Contrary to the tweet he's taking a risk bizarrely playing Donaldson over Kellaway.
I mean it goes both ways right? Kellaway offers way more as a FB, but donaldson at least gives you cover for kicking where gordon is.... not good.

I mean it goes both ways right? Kellaway offers way more as a FB, but donaldson at least gives you cover for kicking where gordon is.... not good.
Yeah but Carter, as much as a i rate the kid, is also a bit of a bizarre pick. Particularly as the only flyhalf in the squad.

Yeah but Carter, as much as a i rate the kid, is also a bit of a bizarre pick. Particularly as the only flyhalf in the squad.
Oh yeah I agree on that! the kid has potential, but unproven and cant kick, and choosing a non kicking flyhalf and only him is odd when you dont have a kicker elsewhere in the backs.

But with the squad that he did pick with all its flaws, it kind of makes sense to pick another kicker. But problem of his own making.

F5bOtWCW4AApn6F.jpeg

At least the Georgian starting hooker is fit. So the lineout might not go down the toilet until 60mins. I very much like the Aussie 11-14 and they should execute well enough to go beyond Georgia's scoring limit even if Georgia execute at the set piece.

Aussies 33 - 16 Georgia

Will be interested to see how this goes. Even though georgias pack is the thing thats historically been tauted it has looked rough when I have seen them recently and a lot fo their young talents are star backs.

Australia on the other hand look to have a monster scrum, worry that makes this look worse than it should.

People are really sleeping on Georgia. Last time they played Fiji it was a draw and they beat wales in Cardif. I think they at least give Australia a game and this an EJ team so I think Georgia has a chance.

In a ironic twist of events Australia are gonna batter Georgia's pack and Georgia are gonna run some silky backs moves
Old cliches. I reckon Aus have one of the best scrums at the world cup and some of the worst backs (of tier 1 nations, at least).

World rugby rankings have this at Australia 66%, Draw 3%, Georgia 31%
TAB odds have it at Australia 86%, Draw 3%, Georgia 11%

I don't think it's that close... Australia 93%, Draw 2%, Georgia 5%

Old cliches. I reckon Aus have one of the best scrums at the world cup and some of the worst backs (of tier 1 nations, at least).
Oh I know, I was being fully serious
Australia battered France up front the other week, not many sides can do that

Heard a few pundits fancy Georgia to get out the group, they suffer from not playing tier 1 oppo often enough. The Aussie starting front row is solid but if I were an Aussie I'd be worried how bare the cupboard is if/when anyone of them gets injured.